Shades

PostPosted: 04/30/15 3:07 pm    ::: Team USA 2016 Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/27_invited__usa_basketball_w_2015_04_30.html

Roster
http://www.usab.com/womens/national-team/roster.aspx

USAB Home
http://www.usab.com/

Quote:
Members of the 2014-16 USA Basketball Women’s National Team expected to participate in the training camp, include:

Jayne Appel (San Antonio Stars)
Seimone Augustus (Minnesota Lynx)
Sue Bird (Seattle Storm)
Tina Charles (New York Liberty)
Elena Delle Donne (Chicago Sky)
Skylar Diggins (Tulsa Shock)
Stefanie Dolson (Washington Mystics)
Sylvia Fowles (Chicago Sky)
Brittney Griner (Phoenix Mercury)
Bria Hartley (Washington Mystics)
Briann January (Indiana Fever)
Jantel Lavender (Los Angeles Sparks)
Angel McCoughtry (Atlanta Dream)
Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx)
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (Seattle Storm)
Nnemkadi Ogwumike (Los Angeles Sparks)
Candace Parker (Los Angeles Sparks)
Cappie Pondexter (Chicago Sky)
Danielle Robinson (San Antonio Stars)
Odyssey Sims (Tulsa Shock)
Breanna Stewart (University of Connecticut)
Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury)
Courtney Vandersloot (Chicago Sky)
Monica Wright (Minnesota Lynx)

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/30/15 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't forget players can be added to this list at any time....

awhom111

PostPosted: 04/30/15 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grr I was just going to post this. Should have done it before eating my lunch.

Original Thread here:
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=84081

The three players added, for those who do not feel like clicking the link, are Jennifer Hamson, Jewell Loyd, and Tiffany Mitchell.

I try to give USA Basketball the benefit of the doubt, but bringing in Jennifer Hamson is something even Jurgen Klinsmann would not do.

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/30/15 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oooooo. Coach Reeve can get some one on one time with Fowles...
Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 04/30/15 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FINAL 12 Prediction:

PG: Bird/Whalen/Sims
SG: Taurasi/Augustus
SF: Moore/McCoughtry
PF: Parker/Delle Donne
C: Griner/Fowles/Charles

Last 3 cut: Stewart, N. Ogwumike & Diggins.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/30/15 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
FINAL 12 Prediction:

Ahem. Tamikazi?

~rAf
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/30/15 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
FINAL 12 Prediction:

Ahem. Tamikazi?

Catchings isn't on the current list of players being considered but could get added later. I could also see C. Ogwumike being added to the pool when healthy.

I think Sims was brought onto the worlds team to be the PG groomed for the future so she should be safe but if Team USA is OK with Whalen, Bird and Taursai as their point options I could see Stewart or N. Ogwumike getting a spot instead of her with players at the 3 sliding to the 2 and some players at the 4 sliding to the 3.

I think the above team looks right for Rio barring injury or other health issues, but all three of those last cuts will be hard. Also there is always someone expected to go who pulls out and someone filling that 12th spot that is a surprise. Team USA has so much talent at its finger tips that it will be hard to make one of those "good for the team" choices over talent or rather the "good for the team choice" will still likely be super talented this time around.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/30/15 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
FINAL 12 Prediction:

Ahem. Tamikazi?

Catchings isn't on the current list of players being considered but could get added later. I could also see C. Ogwumike being added to the pool when healthy.

I think Sims was brought onto the worlds team to be the PG groomed for the future so she should be safe but if Team USA is OK with Whalen, Bird and Taursai as their point options I could see Stewart or N. Ogwumike getting a spot instead of her with players at the 3 sliding to the 2 and some players at the 4 sliding to the 3.

I think the above team looks right for Rio barring injury or other health issues, but all three of those last cuts will be hard. Also there is always someone expected to go who pulls out and someone filling that 12th spot that is a surprise. Team USA has so much talent at its finger tips that it will be hard to make one of those "good for the team" choices over talent or rather the "good for the team choice" will still likely be super talented this time around.

Like Bird and Taurasi, there is no way Catchings isn't on the team if she wants to be.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/30/15 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just send the Lynx. Let them deal with all the distractions. Or the Mercury if they all really want to play in 2016.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/01/15 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
FINAL 12 Prediction:

Ahem. Tamikazi?

Like Bird and Taurasi, there is no way Catchings isn't on the team if she wants to be.

Agreed. Does anyone know why she isn't in the camp? Is she recovering from an injury? All the other big names are there, so I assumed she chose not to go, maybe that she has even decided not to try for one more Olympics. Even though I believe she said she was going to try for Rio a while ago.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think any player that pleads or is found guilty of a domestic violence related charge should be a part of the US National team for at least one summer olympic cycle(4 years).We need to send a message to wnba/nba players that domestic violence is unexceptable and will not be tolereated.A Player's eligibility can be restored after completing a domestic violence counseling program.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was impressed with Jennifer Hamson during the NCAA tournament last season and I'm glad the Sparks drafted her, but I'm shocked she has been invited to the USA Basketball training camps.

I'm very interested in seeing how she develops, but I'm not sure right now is the time to see how she does in USA Basketball training camps.

ccollin13

PostPosted: 05/01/15 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
FINAL 12 Prediction:

Ahem. Tamikazi?

Whalen's not on the training camp list either, for whatever reason. So I'm not convinced that Catchings being left off says anything about whether she's being considered.

PostPosted: 05/01/15 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ccollin13 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
FINAL 12 Prediction:

Ahem. Tamikazi?

Whalen's not on the training camp list either, for whatever reason. So I'm not convinced that Catchings being left off says anything about whether she's being considered.

Whalen is still playing in Turkey, so is not able to attend.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/01/15 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I don't think any player that pleads or is found guilty of a domestic violence related charge should be a part of the US National team for at least one summer olympic cycle(4 years).We need to send a message to wnba/nba players that domestic violence is unexceptable and will not be tolereated.A Player's eligibility can be restored after completing a domestic violence counseling program.

She plead guilty to disorderly conduct, but I think its a fair point.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/01/15 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Where are you going to draw the line then? If a player gets a DUI would you ban that player from the team aswell for multiple years?? With a DUI you could have seriously hurt or kill another person.. I wonder if Griner and Glory (or some random person) werent in a relationship and they had a fight off the court and got arrested if people would react the same by saying they should get banned and not play for team USA bla bla.
If a player if punished by the WNBA should they be punished for team USA too?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 05/01/15 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody said anything about Jantel Lavender being in the pool after she beat up her boyfriend.

PostPosted: 05/01/15 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ Michell89 & pilight,

Notice,I said plead guilty or found guilty.Getting arrested or accused is not equivalent to being guilty of a crime.Lavender to my knowledge was never charged,let alone found guilty of a crime,so I have no problem with Jantel remaining on the US training camp roster.My issue with Brittney is that she plead guilty to a domestic violence related charge I'd have no objection to Brittney remaining in the US player pool had she not plead guilty(innocent until proven guilty)
Kara Braxton was suspended for six games after pleading guilty to a drunk-driving charge,how many games will Griner get ? 3 games ? 5 games ? 10 games ?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/01/15 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
I was impressed with Jennifer Hamson during the NCAA tournament last season and I'm glad the Sparks drafted her, but I'm shocked she has been invited to the USA Basketball training camps.

I'm very interested in seeing how she develops, but I'm not sure right now is the time to see how she does in USA Basketball training camps.

They tend to throw a ton of centers at the camp with no chance of being close to making the team. I think it must be more to have lots of big bodies to practice against.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/01/15 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
@ Michell89 & pilight,

Notice,I said plead guilty or found guilty.Getting arrested or accused is not equivalent to being guilty of a crime.Lavender to my knowledge was never charged,let alone found guilty of a crime,so I have no problem with Jantel remaining on the US training camp roster.My issue with Brittney is that she plead guilty to a domestic violence related charge I'd have no objection to Brittney remaining in the US player pool had she not plead guilty(innocent until proven guilty)
Kara Braxton was suspended for six games after pleading guilty to a drunk-driving charge,how many games will Griner get ? 3 games ? 5 games ? 10 games ?

So it isnt about the fight with Glory. It's about her pleading guilty and admitting that she fought Glory Question

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 05/01/15 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

So it isnt about the fight with Glory. It's about her pleading guilty and admitting that she fought Glory Question

Yes.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/01/15 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Yes.

Isnt the first step admit what you did wrong and move on from it and try to better yourself Laughing You want her to lie and then it would be all good Rolling Eyes

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 05/01/15 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SG: Taurasi/Diggins
SF: Moore/Delle Donne
PF: Parker/ Stewart
Last 3 cut Augustus, McCoughtry, N. Ogwumike

final 12
justintyme

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nobody said anything about Jantel Lavender being in the pool after she beat up her boyfriend.

So because there was a failure to act before, we must always live with a failure to act?

Kind of a whole "two wrongs make a right" kind of logic.

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Where are you going to draw the line then? If a player gets a DUI would you ban that player from the team aswell for multiple years?? With a DUI you could have seriously hurt or kill another person.. I wonder if Griner and Glory (or some random person) werent in a relationship and they had a fight off the court and got arrested if people would react the same by saying they should get banned and not play for team USA bla bla.
If a player if punished by the WNBA should they be punished for team USA too?

This would be about domestic violence and making a strong statement about it. Everything else is ancillary. If they wanted to make a strong statement about DUIs or getting into fights on the court, they could do that also. These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

But to say that the league/USA basketball cannot single out something that they have major concerns about seems a bit ridiculous.

Also, as far as the DUI thing goes, if a person actually does hurt or kill someone while driving drunk they are going to be worried about a lot more than playing for USA basketball in the next Olympics.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 1 of 50

Jump to: