RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Herrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 02/08/05 8:49 pm    ::: Herrade Reply Reply with quote

I got a funny email today from someone awful close to an F Blazer about something that was discussed in another group. Ms. Lady even copied and pasted for my enjoyment and we had a nice little chuckle about it. As for who it was, I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

I figured I'd tell you because sometimes I can't believe what an even smaller world we've become because of the internet. She copied and pasted your response to the whole thing in her last email and said "at least someone has some damn sense" and I saw your name and was like, I know her, that's herrade.

For the record, hell no. They're underestimating the maintenance of the vehicle in the garage.

Get well soon.
herrade

PostPosted: 02/08/05 10:35 pm    ::: Re: Herrade Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
I got a funny email today from someone awful close to an F Blazer about something that was discussed in another group. Ms. Lady even copied and pasted for my enjoyment and we had a nice little chuckle about it. As for who it was, I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

For the record, hell no. They're underestimating the maintenance of the vehicle in the garage.

Get well soon.

thanks, dex. sometimes i wonder why i visit that place -- it's usually just mindless prattle, and that discussion in particular really pissed me off. your friend was right -- some people just don't have any sense.

i was friends with a great woman on that board, which is why i stuck around, but she just died after a long illness, so i think it's time to pack up my things...

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 02/09/05 12:11 am    ::: Re: Herrade Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:

thanks, dex. sometimes i wonder why i visit that place -- it's usually just mindless prattle, and that discussion in particular really pissed me off. your friend was right -- some people just don't have any sense.

i was friends with a great woman on that board, which is why i stuck around, but she just died after a long illness, so i think it's time to pack up my things...

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

I was a little uneasy when I saw Ms. Lady's email address in my inbox because the only time she emails me is when F Blazer wants to get on my case for telling too much over on ESPN or if she sees something that really pisses her off. I guess speculation about stuff like that really pisses her off. LOL

If it makes you mad, imagine how she must feel to read it. Fortunately, she laughed it off, but I guess it must be weird to have people who have never met you speculate on how you feel off of an unsubstantiated rumor in the first place. It's one thing to speculate on basketball, but another situation once other stuff starts getting involved.

Mindless prattle; I might use that on my kids. Laughing
herrade

PostPosted: 02/09/05 6:52 am    ::: Re: Herrade Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:

If it makes you mad, imagine how she must feel to read it. Fortunately, she laughed it off, but I guess it must be weird to have people who have never met you speculate on how you feel off of an unsubstantiated rumor in the first place. It's one thing to speculate on basketball, but another situation once other stuff starts getting involved.

the really f-ed up thing is that even after i posted that, someone was like, "well at least it led us to an interesting discussion about monogomy." the hell? i know this woman, and she's not playing with a full deck. so maybe that's her excuse. the rest are just so hot for a certain someone they can't see past their own noses. few of these people have ever met a player, so in their world it's like they don't exist. they're just figments of their fantasies.

send my apologizes along. i feel dirty for having been there, even if i didn't stick my hands in.

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 02/09/05 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO That sounds like an interesting group of people. There's no need to apologize. It's been out there long enough to where she knows the deal. She was amused by the whole thing. There have been much higher levels of disrespect, trust me. But I'll pass along your sentiments anyway.

Sometimes I wonder if fans realize that the player they're that interested in is nothing like her on court personality. People have no idea how much they really don't know about her. It's like night and day when there's no ball in her hands, yet I always get the feeling that fans try to base things like this on the image they've been fed over the years. But then I guess, like you said, they've probably never met her or any other players before.

Too bad it wasn't Miko they were waxing poetic about. That response would have been comedic. She might have run up in there and had a chat with them. LOL
herrade

PostPosted: 02/09/05 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
There have been much higher levels of disrespect, trust me.

lol. i remember this one woman who used to post the raunchiest stuff -- i mean, beyond smut. and, i'm sure your friend knows about that short fiction piece, "the rookie".

anyway, on the one hand i can sympathize: the lesbian community hasn't had very many out-there representatives, so the people who are out there tend to get a lot of baggage directed at them. and certainly that group is mostly in the business of idle speculation about "who's fam". there are good and bad sides to that. people want to know there are more people like them out there, but then it has its ugly side, with all this soap-opera melodrama. i guess you just have to expect such crazy mutations when you're dealing with a community that is still not allowed its place in this world. it's not right, and it's not good, and sometimes people get hurt, but that's not going to stop it from going on.

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 02/09/05 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was talking about people being ballsy enough to be disrespectful in person, but I hear what you're saying. I can understand the speculation as well, but sometimes it's just, for lack of a better term, stupid. Like you said though, there aren't that many representatives so those that are out get all the attention. It's no big deal. As she said yesterday, imagine what people who are actually famous go through.

EVERYBODY's read The Rookie. LOL But that was before her time so it wasn't an issue. It was a good shot by the author since almost everything was accurate up until the hotel part. The names were a riot. I can't even imagine the stories we'd be hearing if they were still together. It's still another false one though. But at least it was made clear that it was fiction. Wasn't there supposed to be a part 2? Rolling Eyes Thank goodness they've all got a good sense of humor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: