RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Connecticut Sun 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tuck healthy and raring to go for Sun

http://www.theday.com/connecticut-sun/20170502/tuck-healthy-and-raring-to-go-for-sun

Quote:
Tuck started at power forward for Connecticut during Tuesday's first exhibition game and came out fast like a dog that had just been taken off the leash. She made two 3-pointers and finished eight points in 12 minutes of play as the Sun beat the Chicago Sky 81-72 at Mohegan Sun Arena.


Quote:
"It feels good (the knee)," Tuck said "Right now, it's getting used to game speed and shooting when you're tired and still making plays."


Quote:
"She bounced back from (April's surgery) quickly, but she lost some of her conditioning," Connecticut head coach and general manager Curt Miller said. "She worked tremendously hard to be ready for the start of camp. She looked like she got a little tired, lost a little big of her legs, but you're seeing some of the stuff that we thought we'd see (when we drafted her)."


Quote:
Miller said that second-year forward Jonquel Jones (6-foot-6), newly acquired forward Lynetta Kizer (6-4, 230 pounds) and Tuck (6-2) would be the core post unit.


Quote:
Morgan's biggest challenge is to play against the monster power forwards in this league that are bigger, more athletic, than her, but she looks good."



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Second-year player, Jonquel Jones, primed to breakout for Connecticut Sun

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20170502/second-year-player-jonquel-jones-primed-to-breakout-for-connecticut-sun

Quote:
“The referees, in terms of the foreign players, don’t call much for us,” Jones added. “You have to get used to getting hit.”

Sun coach and general manager Curt Miller was probably happy to hear that because it’s one of the areas where Jones needs to improve this season.


Quote:
“She is going to be able to play through mistakes. She is going to have to stay on the floor through those mistakes. She is going to have a great opportunity to really blossom on the WNBA scene in what we truly believe will be a breakout year for her,” Miller said.


Quote:
Jones had to endure two-a-day practices [in Korea] throughout the season. It took her a month to adjust.

“We ran a lot,” Jones said.

All that running put her in good aerobic shape, but her and the Sun training staff have a different challenge.

“She has some wear on her body right now, lost some weight, so we will need to bulk her back up because she’s going to give up 50, 60, 80 pounds some nights and they’re going to beat on her,” Miller said.


Quote:
“The difficulty when you have a post player who can score on the perimeter is that she can’t fall in love with it,” Miller said. “She has to still go and get baskets in the paint for us. She has to play with her back to the basket in the paint and be able to take the pounding. If not, she’s going to get pushed to the perimeter, and if she settles, hangs out there because she can play out there, she’s not going to be anywhere near as effective. She can’t be a finesse big kid.”


I like the Connecticut articles. You get a good feel for what's going on with the team. With other teams, not so much.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun Taking Stock Up Front As They Open Preseason

http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/connecticut-sun/hc-connecticut-sun-game-0503-20170502-story.html

Quote:
"We expected a competitive camp in the post, and that's what we are finding," Miller said. "If it was May 12 and we had to make a final decision on our roster, it would be very difficult. So these last two weeks will play out those final decisions, and that's what we wanted. …We know Jonquel, we know Morgan and we know Kizer. But after that, there's a lot of people fighting for positions on our team."


Quote:
Miller said managing minutes in camp for Tuck and guard Rachel Banham remains a high priority.

"I think Morgan is ahead of Rachel [physically], so we will have to be patient," Miller said.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13754



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so Miller clearly wants Tuck at PF. So much for Hamson making the roster now. Wonder who the 12th player might be that the Sun keep(Faris? Hightower?)



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5592



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Adams will make the connecticut roster.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5 post players fighting for 2 spots on Connecticut Sun

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20170503/5-post-players-fighting-for-2-spots-on-connecticut-sun

Quote:
To use Connecticut Sun coach and general manager Curt Miller’s words: “It’s a dogfight.”

Miller was referring to the battle for post positions on the Sun roster. Three players — Jonquel Jones, Morgan Tuck and veteran Lynetta Kizer (barring injury) — will be in the post rotation.

After that, Danielle Adams, Reshanda Gray, Jennifer Hamson, Brionna Jones and Kayla Pedersen have to fight for the other two spots.


Quote:
The 6-foot-7 Hamson was a factor on the defensive side of the floor, finishing with six blocks.

“It’s definitely something to smile about,” Hamson said with a laugh.


Quote:
Adams fell into disfavor in San Antonio when she violated the league’s anti-drug policy and was suspended for three games in 2015. She was waived by the Stars last April and was not picked up by any other WNBA team after she underwent patella surgery last year.


Quote:
"I remember when they let us know that she was cut, I was talking to (fellow rookie) Jess (January) and saying ‘It’s real now.’ This is what could happen so we have to keep working hard and keep fighting,” Jones said.


Quote:
“Gray has the best motor; Danielle Adams is the most skilled and knows how to play the game; Hamson gives us protection around the rim and Bri is really talented, but young. She is a physical presence, finisher around the rim, but needs time. She has proven she can play against anyone her size. She is just in a whole new world playing against people 3 or 4 inches taller than her. It’s going to be an adjustment,” Miller said.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20044



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54160
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


Nothing says "shut up, basement dwellers" like cutting all of your draft picks



_________________
Look out Music City, 'cause I'm here now and I ain't never leavin'
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 596



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


People at the game are saying Hamson looks pretty terrible.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13754



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


People at the game are saying Hamson looks pretty terrible.


Hamson has terrible foot work. It's likely going to be B. Jones.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20044



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


People at the game are saying Hamson looks pretty terrible.


yeah, I always thought even in college she looked really awkward. But sometimes if all he needs is somebody to come in and get some blocks...well, maybe.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5906



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Adams could just get down to say Erlana Larkins type weight I think she could be all All Star. I'm betting B. Jones makes it. I'd rather have Gray than the others, but I'm probably a bit biased.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20044



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If Adams could just get down to say Erlana Larkins type weight I think she could be all All Star. I'm betting B. Jones makes it. I'd rather have Gray than the others, but I'm probably a bit biased.


Gray has a high motor but has always seemed under-skilled to me.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3839



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


Nothing says "shut up, basement dwellers" like cutting all of your draft picks


Or someone you just traded for.

Or the player who showed the best your two pre-season games.

Miller's in a bind, one of his moves has to flop, no Adams pun intended.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun Getting Look At Players In 79-62 Win Against Sparks

http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/connecticut-sun/hc-connecticut-sun-los-angeles-0504-20170503-story.html

Quote:
"Typically in our league, it's seven guards and five posts," Miller said.


Only if you strictly implement a 3-guard system or you consider SF's guards.

Quote:
"It will depend on whether anyone else comes into training camp that may be cut loose from another roster," Miller said. "There's a lot of potential movement with rosters all over the league which might create a better fit for us. So I'm not convinced that we are done."


Oh boy.... who is he waiting to get cut?

I actually think Thibault will be interested in who Miller is cutting.

Quote:
If Miller is correct, and the Sun keep only five posts, cutting down the roster is going to be a difficult process.

Four spots will be taken by Morgan Tuck, Jonquel Jones, the newly acquired Lynetta Kizer and first-round draft pick Brionna Jones. Competing for the last spot are center Jennifer Hamson and forwards Reshanda Gray, Adams and Kayla Pedersen, who still has not reported to the team.


The other author didn't guarantee BJones a spot. Wonder why there's a discrepancy?

Quote:
"When you talk about the starters in this league there are great players. But there is generally a skillset that keeps role players in this league, either as a shooter, a rebounder or a defender. Hamson's is a WNBA skill set and she is a factor defensively around the rim. She has a seven-foot wing span and you can't teach that kind of size. And she has a good basketball IQ."


Advantage Hamson



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3839



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if the "typically in our league it is 5 posts and 7 guards" could be a hint that he won't be typical and will go with 6 posts? If Tuck could even play a little SF this could work

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams
A. Thomas/Stricklen
Kizer/Tuck/Adams
J. Jones/Hamson/B. Jones


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13754



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/17 5:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller has both Tuck & A Thomas to slide between SF & PF. So keeping Hamson might be an option. I feel B. Jones is making it & that 12th spot will be between Hamson, Gray & Faris.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54160
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


Nothing says "shut up, basement dwellers" like cutting all of your draft picks


Or someone you just traded for.

Or the player who showed the best your two pre-season games.

Miller's in a bind, one of his moves has to flop, no Adams pun intended.


You could definitely cut Hamson without worrying about somebody else picking her up. With BJones, you never know.



_________________
Look out Music City, 'cause I'm here now and I ain't never leavin'
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


Nothing says "shut up, basement dwellers" like cutting all of your draft picks


Or someone you just traded for.

Or the player who showed the best your two pre-season games.

Miller's in a bind, one of his moves has to flop, no Adams pun intended.


You could definitely cut Hamson without worrying about somebody else picking her up. With BJones, you never know.


Sincerest firm of flattery Smile
I dunno.... after a 6-blk game, either one of them might show up on Thibault's radar. Thibault could use some rim protection.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 05/05/17 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 596



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/17 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kizer arrived in Connecticut a few hours ago. A cut is on its way.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/17 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut Sun coach excited to get in film room after 2 preseason games

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20170504/connecticut-sun-coach-excited-to-get-in-film-room-after-2-preseason-games

Quote:
Traditionally, most WNBA teams retain five post players and seven guards and Miller said the Sun will likely follow suit. But he could go the route of six forward/centers and six guards.


Quote:
The player who most impacted the first two preseason games was pretty easy to spot.

Danielle Adams is a former All-Star who led the Sun in scoring — 12 points against the Sky and 17 versus the Sparks — in both contests.

She converted on 8-of-12 from beyond the 3-point arc, including going 5-for-5 during a four-minute stretch in the second quarter against the Sparks.

That kind of instant offense is hard to ignore, even if she is a bit of a defensive liability.


Quote:
Miller also was impressed with third-round pick Jessica January out of DePaul.

She scored five points against Chicago and eight against the Sparks.

The odds are stacked against third-round picks making WNBA rosters, but Miller has liked what he has seen.

“She’s a warrior. We used a different terminology in our coaches room at the end of the (postgame) meeting. She is a tough son of a gun. Tough son of a guns stick in this league,” Miller said.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 196



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Kizer arrived in Connecticut a few hours ago. A cut is on its way.



Any insight on who it will be?


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20044



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adams is so puffy in that picture, I really do wonder if she has a health problem.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5592



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
It's always sad when it comes down to the last cuts. But based on D. Adams two games draining shots, it's pretty hard to cut that even if she can't defend Luke Ridnour's chair. So it seems like that last spot is between the towering Hamson and the baby Jones.


Nothing says "shut up, basement dwellers" like cutting all of your draft picks


Or someone you just traded for.

Or the player who showed the best your two pre-season games.

Miller's in a bind, one of his moves has to flop, no Adams pun intended.


You could definitely cut Hamson without worrying about somebody else picking her up. With BJones, you never know.


Sincerest firm of flattery Smile
I dunno.... after a 6-blk game, either one of the might show up on Thibault's radar. Thibault could use some rim protection.


Dallas gets first dibs.......


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Dallas gets first dibs.......


I'd be disappointed if DAL didn't keep the Fab Five together.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5592



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dallas gets first dibs.......


I'd be disappointed if DAL didn't keep the Fab Five together.


I agree...

Final roster if Dallas signs Hamson

G-Diggins
G-Powers
C-Paris
F-Johnson
F-Christmas
6-Davis
7-Gray
8-Phillips
9-Ahkator
10-Lewis
11-Chong
12-Hamson


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 596



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Kizer arrived in Connecticut a few hours ago. A cut is on its way.



Any insight on who it will be?


My bet is January. I'd keep her around but I'm sure Faris will continue her dismal career going in CT. Either January or Hightower.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3317
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dallas gets first dibs.......


I'd be disappointed if DAL didn't keep the Fab Five together.


Id be dissapointed if we took hamson , she doesnt fit with the team idea fred & bibb have been preaching to us STH . We just had hamson last season and you saw how that went , i dont see a difference with hamson .



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5592



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dallas gets first dibs.......


I'd be disappointed if DAL didn't keep the Fab Five together.


Id be dissapointed if we took hamson , she doesnt fit with the team idea fred & bibb have been preaching to us STH . We just had hamson last season and you saw how that went , i dont see a difference with hamson .


Preaching what ?....more untempo basketball ?....Coach Williams will never learn.


Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 196



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Kizer arrived in Connecticut a few hours ago. A cut is on its way.



Any insight on who it will be?


My bet is January. I'd keep her around but I'm sure Faris will continue her dismal career going in CT. Either January or Hightower.



Looking at their roster, it appears they have 17 in camp including Kizer. They would have to make two cuts.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19221
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Looking at their roster, it appears they have 17 in camp including Kizer. They would have to make two cuts.

I count 19 names on their website, but Ogwumike's suspended, Romero never arrived, and Pedersen hadn't shown up yet because the Italian playoffs are still going - so that would make it only one cut necessary at the moment.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 196



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Looking at their roster, it appears they have 17 in camp including Kizer. They would have to make two cuts.

I count 19 names on their website, but Ogwumike's suspended, Romero never arrived, and Pedersen hadn't shown up yet because the Italian playoffs are still going - so that would make it only one cut necessary at the moment.



I didn't count Ogwumike and Pedersen. You're right, with Romero out, that leaves 16 in camp. Only one cut to be made.


Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 196



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Hamson and Hightower were waived. Hasn't been officially announced yet.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20044



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Looks like Hamson and Hightower were waived. Hasn't been officially announced yet.


sad if true re: Hightower. She was a really good player pre injury and I would love to see her return to pre-injury form.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19221
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Officially it's just Kizer for Hamson at the moment: http://sun.wnba.com/news/lynetta-kizer/



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3839



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 596



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


She brings zero offense. All she does is block a few shots. What basketball player would stick in the WNBA when all she does is block a few shots?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43171



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


Or WAS



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3839



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


She brings zero offense. All she does is block a few shots. What basketball player would stick in the WNBA when all she does is block a few shots?


Sometime that 12th spot can go to a one dimensional player (often a shooter or defensive specialist) if that player can compliment the other pieces, but yeah she has to score more if she wants to stick.

And yes I agree Shades she might be able to fit in Washington since they already have a bunch of scorers, and need a rim protector.


UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 214



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


She brings zero offense. All she does is block a few shots. What basketball player would stick in the WNBA when all she does is block a few shots?


Sometime that 12th spot can go to a one dimensional player (often a shooter or defensive specialist) if that player can compliment the other pieces, but yeah she has to score more if she wants to stick.

And yes I agree Shades she might be able to fit in Washington since they already have a bunch of scorers, and need a rim protector.

Is that the reason Faris has stuck so long?



_________________
Kentucky Wildcats, Sky, & Spurs
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3317
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


She brings zero offense. All she does is block a few shots. What basketball player would stick in the WNBA when all she does is block a few shots?


Sometime that 12th spot can go to a one dimensional player (often a shooter or defensive specialist) if that player can compliment the other pieces, but yeah she has to score more if she wants to stick.

And yes I agree Shades she might be able to fit in Washington since they already have a bunch of scorers, and need a rim protector.

Is that the reason Faris has stuck so long?


Im still perplexed on exactly what she has done for this franchise and how the hell her career has lasted so long...Did she get another scholarship in connecticut that no one knew about ??? Shocked



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19221
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


She brings zero offense. All she does is block a few shots. What basketball player would stick in the WNBA when all she does is block a few shots?

If she could do that and not be a liability in the pick-and-roll, then yeah, that'd probably be good enough to make someone stick, at least as a bench player. All she'd need to do on offense is set a few screens and get an occasional basket on a putback.

The problem is that most of these behemoths might be a deterrent at the rim, but they're too slow in space. And at the WNBA level that gets found out and exploited pretty quickly. There's the defensive three seconds rule to start with, but there are also just quicker and smarter players. We saw it plenty with the insanely huge Margo Dydek, and with the hyper-athletic Brittney Griner - so once you move down a tier or two the issues get magnified much more.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20044



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Hamson keeps getting close but I guess is simply not fast enough to stick.

I wonder if she is done or if someone like Seattle, Dallas or SA gives her a look.


She brings zero offense. All she does is block a few shots. What basketball player would stick in the WNBA when all she does is block a few shots?


Sometime that 12th spot can go to a one dimensional player (often a shooter or defensive specialist) if that player can compliment the other pieces, but yeah she has to score more if she wants to stick.

And yes I agree Shades she might be able to fit in Washington since they already have a bunch of scorers, and need a rim protector.

Is that the reason Faris has stuck so long?


Im still perplexed on exactly what she has done for this franchise and how the hell her career has lasted so long...Did she get another scholarship in connecticut that no one knew about ??? Shocked


She brings 'energy', is a fan favorite, and apparently a good teammate. In a way, that's usually all you need from #12. And once you have a #12, you can't add another one.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13754



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Warley-Talbert is the perfect example of the "not that good but good for the team 12th player" during her time in New York. She brought great energy to the team, good locker room talk & excellent chemistry with everyone on the team & staff. Sometimes a team needs that type of player. She lost her job in New York to Bulgak last season.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14156
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/17 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Faris is like what Arob was for the Storm



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3317
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/17 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Faris is like what Arob was for the Storm


Arob at least played a role in there success at one point in her career



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8201
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump is not president.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/17 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kinda like train wrecks, so this should be another interesting Sun season.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5906



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I kinda like train wrecks, so this should be another interesting Sun season.


May I recommend the Dream to you?


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13754



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I kinda like train wrecks, so this should be another interesting Sun season.


May I recommend the Dream to you?


Dream look terrible. Possibly worst team in the league unless Phoenix plans to tank.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14156
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Faris is like what Arob was for the Storm


Arob at least played a role in there success at one point in her career


She was our cheerleader in 2010 when we won the championship. She barely played but she was good friends with a lot of the starters and got along with everybody



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin