Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:
Asia Taylor is a tweener PF, and tweener PFs tend to do well in Australia (Kelsey Griffin). Unfortunately Australia is not much of a gage for performance in the WNBA. It can be a confidence booster for the player.

CON already has a more versatile tweener PF in Alyssa Thomas, plus they probably have first dibs on Kelsey Griffin if she should return. I'm not sure they really need another tweener in Taylor. I suppose she's a possibility if CON runs out of other possibilities. Taylor hasn't developed guard skills as far as I know, so that kind of kills her value in the WNBA.

Alleyne will be a total mystery, but I'll be surprised if she's all that out of the gate. It was probably a good thing they were able to pick her up in the trade, just in case.

Torrens? Not sure what you mean by "give up her rights". Trade them? Why do that? Probably wouldn't get near what they could be potentially worth. It'd be kinda like giving up your rights to Cambage. Pretty sure Torrens doesn't specifically have a problem with CON. It's more of a WNBA thing. If you offered Laimbeer (or whoever) the rights to Torrens for a third round pick, I'm sure he'd snap it up. Although, a third round pick in 2018 could hold some gems if you have enough space on your roster to culture those gems.

Well, Asia Taylor at 6'1 is more of a guard/forward like Shekinna Stricklen who is 6'2. I believe Taylor would certainly be an upgrade to Stricklen. Do you agree?

Her size makes her a G/F, but her skills don't, like I just said.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/17 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Doesn't Faris kind of fit the description of the type of guard Laimbeer likes? On the other hand

I hope he does pick her up and says something like "we never should have passed on her at #7 in the draft". But NYL is already pretty loaded with mediocrity at guard. They need an upgrade (like maybe JThom),
not more of the same.

Ay Mate wrote:

Coach Miller has already said he wants to make as little changes to his roster as possible because he wants continuity, unless he can get a good free agent.

He did? That's what I was saying in this thread back in September.

Shades wrote:
Continuity is key once you build the team you want.

Seems like Miller is listening to me and not this guy...

dtsnms wrote:
I would not core Camille Little

Of course, continuity is tougher with Ogwumike out again, and I wouldn't feel comfortable letting Jazmine Thomas hang out in UFA.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/23/17 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Doesn't Faris kind of fit the description of the type of guard Laimbeer likes? On the other hand

I hope he does pick her up and says something like "we never should have passed on her at #7 in the draft". But NYL is already pretty loaded with mediocrity at guard. They need an upgrade (like maybe JThom),
not more of the same.

Ay Mate wrote:

Coach Miller has already said he wants to make as little changes to his roster as possible because he wants continuity, unless he can get a good free agent.

He did? That's what I was saying in this thread back in September.

Shades wrote:
Continuity is key once you build the team you want.

Seems like Miller is listening to me and not this guy...

dtsnms wrote:
I would not core Camille Little

Of course, continuity is tougher with Ogwumike out again, and I wouldn't feel comfortable letting Jazmine Thomas hang out in UFA.

Again Shades forgets conveniently context. i said I would not core Little before Ogwumike got hurt. That changed everything. But hey, you know everything regarding the Sun, you've shown that Shades.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Preparing for another suckass season in Montville.

PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

they at least look better than Atlanta & Chicago right now.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I disagree. Atlanta and Chicago lost their stars, Angel for now, and EDD for good but both teams still have more talent on them than the Ogwumikeless Sun. The Sun are EASILY at the bottom of the Eastern Conference again. Unless Reshanda Grey is that missing piece they've always needed 🙄 I can't wait to see the lineup of Faris, Stricklen and Gray on the floor together. Teams will shudder in fear

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Don't overestimate a Catchings-less Fever.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller has proved he's s a complete fool and ass. He's like an addicted poker player who wants in on the deals and will bet with a poor hand just to play. You can bet he's looking to pull off an inside straight on the draw.

If you're a religious person, keep chanting, "God Help Connecticut!"

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/01/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Miller has proved he's s a complete fool and ass. He's like an addicted poker player who wants in on the deals and will bet with a poor hand just to play. You can bet he's looking to pull off an inside straight on the draw.

Perhaps, but did you ever stop to think that maybe Michael Cooper was the one that initiated the trade. He probably wanted Henry back because Angel won't be there and perhaps he's not too sure about Sancho Lyttle anymore as she's getting up there in age and is prone to injury lately. Maybe he wanted to add her back because she knows the system and fit in there. He could have went to Miller and said we want Henry back. Miller could have said, ok, what can we get? It's not like Henry has a ton of trade value, and Henry didn't even get off the bench much last year because of her injury so Cooper said, how about Gray and Miller said sure why not.

I wouldn't call Miller a complete fool and ass yet. But I don't expect any big free agency signings for the Sun, not because Miller doesn't want them, but because it's very hard to get free agents to want to play in the middle of a forest all spring and summer long. I'm sure he tried to fish in the big lake but CT usually never gets any bites

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/02/17 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Perhaps, but did you ever stop to think that maybe Michael Cooper was the one that initiated the trade. He probably wanted Henry back because Angel won't be there and perhaps he's not too sure about Sancho Lyttle anymore as she's getting up there in age and is prone to injury lately. Maybe he wanted to add her back because she knows the system and fit in there. He could have went to Miller and said we want Henry back. Miller could have said, ok, what can we get? It's not like Henry has a ton of trade value, and Henry didn't even get off the bench much last year because of her injury so Cooper said, how about Gray and Miller said sure why not.

I wouldn't call Miller a complete fool and ass yet. But I don't expect any big free agency signings for the Sun, not because Miller doesn't want them, but because it's very hard to get free agents to want to play in the middle of a forest all spring and summer long. I'm sure he tried to fish in the big lake but CT usually never gets any bites

The Henry trade has nothing to do with my comments. The players involved in this trade are insignificant to both teams. My comments refer to Miller's actions last year. in both the Draft and trading. He was obviously not prepared to understand the difference between college players and WNBA caliber players. Giving him full rein as GM was too big of a jump for him. If you're happy with him good for you.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/02/17 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

The Henry trade has nothing to do with my comments. The players involved in this trade are insignificant to both teams. My comments refer to Miller's actions last year. in both the Draft and trading. He was obviously not prepared to understand the difference between college players and WNBA caliber players. Giving him full rein as GM was too big of a jump for him. If you're happy with him good for you.

Chris Sienko had the final say last year on draft picks/trades. Plus Miller was assistant coach in LA before coming to CT so I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between college players and WNBA caliber players. But thanks anyways. Rolling Eyes

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jasmine Thomas re-signed with the Sun with a multi year deal. Happy about this since Uncasville isn't the most desired location for WNBA players. At least someone is happy to be there. Lol.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 02/02/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Posted on the WNBA Transactions page today...

Connecticut: Hamson, Jennifer Contract Signed

Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/17 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pedersen and Little showing up signed by CON

UK1996

PostPosted: 02/02/17 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamson may stick depending on the health of Ogwumike. Is she out the entire season? I have to believe that there is a trade brewing. Way too many Power Forwards. Why would you trade for Gray and then waive her?

PostPosted: 02/02/17 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Hamson may stick depending on the health of Ogwumike. Is she out the entire season? I have to believe that there is a trade brewing. Way too many Power Forwards. Why would you trade for Gray and then waive her?

Morgan Tuck told a friend of mine that Chiney and the team are hoping sne returns to the court after the all star break.

I doubt Kayla Pedersen gets a final spot. She missed the entire season last year to participate in some bible school shit or something. Hamson, don't know much about her at all. Is she any good, she would certainly provide height of the bench when Jones rests.

I'm still hoping Jillian Aylenne makes the final roster. I think she'd do great at this level but do the Sun really want another rookie.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/02/17 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so is it

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams
A. Thomas/Tuck/Stricklen
Little/Pedersen/Gray/Alleyne
J. Jones/Hamson

that is 13 and doesn't include Ogwumike which is one too many players if they suspend her the whole season or two too many if they keep Chiney on the roster to activate later in the season and keep their star happy by keeping her on the payroll.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so is it

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams
A. Thomas/Tuck/Stricklen
J. Jones/Hamson

that is 13 and doesn't include Ogwumike which is one too many players if they suspend her the whole season or two too many if they keep Chiney on the roster to activate later in the season and keep their star happy by keeping her on the payroll.

Bentley isn't officially signed yet as a RFA as far as I can see. Faris is also a RFA. Asia Taylor is doing well in Australia and she last played in the league with CON. What's Hightower's status?

I kinda wonder if CON might be shopping Bentley. I didn't get the impression Miller was entirely happy with her play, especially near the very end of the season (not to mention she really sucked at the beginning of the season). Who would be a taker? I hope Miller doesn't sucker the Lynx.

My vision:
JThomas/Banham
Bentley/CWilliams/(Hightower or Faris... maybe both if someone else is dealt)
Little/Tuck/Stricklen (could also be slotted as a guard)
AThomas/Pedersen/Gray/Alleyne (Alleyne's got a lot to prove)
JJones/Hamson (Pedersen is big enough to be slotted here)

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/03/17 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
so is it

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams
A. Thomas/Tuck/Stricklen
J. Jones/Hamson

Bentley isn't officially signed yet as a RFA as far as I can see. Faris is also a RFA. Asia Taylor is doing well in Australia and she last played in the league with CON. What's Hightower's status?

I kinda wonder if CON might be shopping Bentley. I didn't get the impression Miller was entirely happy with her play, especially near the very end of the season (not to mention she really sucked at the beginning of the season). Who would be a taker? I hope Miller doesn't sucker the Lynx.

My vision:
JThomas/Banham
Bentley/CWilliams/(Hightower or Faris... maybe both if someone else is dealt)
Little/Tuck/Stricklen (could also be slotted as a guard)
AThomas/Pedersen/Gray/Alleyne (Alleyne's got a lot to prove)
JJones/Hamson (Pedersen is big enough to be slotted here)

Well, the Sun didn't suspend Chiney in 2015 when she sat out. She was part of the team getting paid. I expect her to be part of the roster this year too, getting paid until she's able to return. It shows her that the organization wants her happy and to stay. If I were Miller, I'd keep her part of the 12 and pay her and that would be that.

Not sure if I care about Bentley or not. I wouldn't mind seeing Courtney Williams in the starting shooting guard route. I think Pedersen will get cut. She didn't play at all last year. And she didn't do much for the team when she played for us. I'd rather see what Alleyne brings to the table. JJ and Hanson as the centers. Would that be wise having two such young posts? JJ is up to the task but like I said, what is Hamson really like? I don't remember ever seeing her play. She's tall but is she wnba material?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bnot Hertzeliya lands Kelly Faris

http://www.eurobasket.com/Israel/basketball.asp?NewsID=478392&showcomments=1&Women=1#c

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reshanda Gray with 36 pts, 12 reb in a game in the Italian league.
That seems somewhat promising. She's on her third WNBA team in 3 years. Time to step it up.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/10/17 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#NYFW: CHINEY OGWUMIKE TALKS HER PERSONAL STYLE, MICHAEL COSTELLO, NIGERIAN ANKARA, AND MORE!

http://beyondthew.com/nyfw-chiney-ogwumike-talks-her-personal-style-michael-costello-nigerian-ankara-and-more/

Quote:
That’s part of the culture—when you have weddings our events, you take the prints and you create your own custom outfit for those events. I try to do that as much as I can, so when I go to American events, people can identify and say “Oh, that girl’s wearing African Ankara. She must be African.”. It’s the subtle things that you don’t have to say, and that’s what fashion is about.

PostPosted: 02/10/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
#NYFW: CHINEY OGWUMIKE TALKS HER PERSONAL STYLE, MICHAEL COSTELLO, NIGERIAN ANKARA, AND MORE!

http://beyondthew.com/nyfw-chiney-ogwumike-talks-her-personal-style-michael-costello-nigerian-ankara-and-more/

Quote:
That’s part of the culture—when you have weddings our events, you take the prints and you create your own custom outfit for those events. I try to do that as much as I can, so when I go to American events, people can identify and say “Oh, that girl’s wearing African Ankara. She must be African.”. It’s the subtle things that you don’t have to say, and that’s what fashion is about.

Maybe we could have an article detailing her recovery and prognosis for the upcoming season next?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/10/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Maybe we could have an article detailing her recovery and prognosis for the upcoming season next?

If I see one I'll be happy to post it

PostPosted: 02/15/17 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Faris is signed
http://sun.wnba.com/news/faris-among-three-signed-training-camp-contracts/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: