RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/23/17 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Well, the Sun now have 15 players on it's offseason/preseason roster. Is that the limit they are allowed to sign? If they bring in anyone else, one must get cut?

I think you can have 15 players in training camp. If people report later to training camp you can have more. The Storm often did that with Bird coming in later

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Well, the Sun now have 15 players on it's offseason/preseason roster. Is that the limit they are allowed to sign? If they bring in anyone else, one must get cut?

I think you can have 15 players in training camp. If people report later to training camp you can have more. The Storm often did that with Bird coming in later

Or players like Bird can sit out just on the basis that they don't really need camp. I wonder if they can still be there, just not participate on court. And how does the league enforce the camp numbers? Seems like an honor system.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I agree. Offense was never the problem for Adams. It was her defense. Teams could just do endless pick&rolls against her

Kind of a bigger version of KML?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/28/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Overseas Report: March 28

http://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-overseas-report-march-28/

Quote:
Jonquel Jones, Connecticut Sun

Jones chose to play in South Korea for her first season abroad, and the Sun forward made the most of the opportunity. She led the league in points (15.8 per game), rebounds (14.3) and blocks (2.Cool while helping Woori Bank win 33 of its 35 regular-season games. In the championship series, Jones went up against Sun teammate Alyssa Thomas, the leading scorer for Blue Minx. Thomas had an incredible Game 1 in the series – 21 points, 16 rebounds, seven assists and three steals – but it wasn’t enough as Woori Bank pulled out a narrow victory. An overtime win in Game 3 on March 20 sealed the title for Jones’ squad.

stever

PostPosted: 04/03/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curt Miller job hunting, after one year with Sun...?

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/3/15162934/sources-usc-interviews-curt-miller-wnba-ncaaw

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/03/17 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/3/15162934/sources-usc-interviews-curt-miller-wnba-ncaaw

money speaks.

- Amanda Gorman
sigur3

PostPosted: 04/03/17 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Quote:
Curt Miller‏ @CurtMillerWBB
Flattering to have name linked to the USC job but reports are UNTRUE about interviewing. Excited about training camp & our young SUN roster

"Multiple sources" lead Swish Appeal astray once again Sad

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/04/17 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
stever wrote:

Quote:
Flattering to have name linked to the USC job but reports are UNTRUE about interviewing. Excited about training camp & our young SUN roster

I'm deleting Swish Appeal and not visiting their site any longer. This isn't the first time they've reported fake news. It must be run by Fox News and Donald Trump.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 04/04/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
stever wrote:

Quote:

I'm deleting Swish Appeal and not visiting their site any longer. This isn't the first time they've reported fake news. It must be run by Fox News and Donald Trump.

Swish Appeal was hacked by the Russians Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/04/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are so many ways I could be petty here, but I'll settle for Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

(now with spelling variations)
stever

PostPosted: 04/07/17 5:36 pm    ::: Sun coach/GM doing homework on team’s next move Reply Reply with quote

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20170407/connecticut-sun-coachgm-doing-homework-on-teams-next-move

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/09/17 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the SUN take Wiese, B. Jones, or Osahor, it's time for a new team.

PostPosted: 04/09/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

I'm thinking they take will take Alexis Jones from Baylor in the draft. Doubtful the Sun keep Kelly Faris but of course I keep saying that every year.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/10/17 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I'm thinking they take will take Alexis Jones from Baylor in the draft. Doubtful the Sun keep Kelly Faris but of course I keep saying that every year.

Oh great. How many bad knees can one team have!

PostPosted: 04/10/17 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“Do we keep [Chiney] on the roster and hope that she will get back at the end of the season or do you look at it realistically and understand that it’s probably doubtful that she will play this season and make the tough decision to suspend her?” Miller said.

Should Miller decide to suspend Ogwumike, it means the face of the franchise will not be around for the entire season. Should he keep her on the roster, the Sun will have to go with 11 players.

“The upcoming decision that we have regarding Chiney dominoes everything including the upcoming draft,” Miller said.

He struggles with these kinds of decisions.

Let's see, in her second season Chiney was out for the season with no chance of returning, and Donovan doesn't suspend her.

Now entering her fourth season with a little bit of a chance of returning, Miller is considering suspending her. I wonder how that would sit with Chiney. You spared the rod before. Now the child is spoiled.

Maybe they could help ease the pain of suspension by helping Chiney get a job doing color commentating for the Sun or elsewhere. There's not a ton of difference between her and Ros: yip, yip, yip!

Not suspending Chiney might mean the Faris era could be over. I'm sure that would weigh heavily on Miller. It could mean the Chong era would never have a chance to start should she be drafted by them. Or perhaps a shortened roster would compel Miller to deal Banham to an interested party. Miller, whatever you do, DO NOT suspend Chiney! Tears! Regrets!

Another factor is the Maven of Tanking now works for the Sun. With the juicy 2018 draft coming up, maybe her viewpoint will be that a shortened roster increases the team's chances of losing and thereby netting the team a better pick. In reality it probably won't make a ton of difference between winning and losing.

For the 2018 draft, I would lean towards doing just enough to make the playoffs and getting yourself the #5 or #6 pick. That won't get you A'ja Wilson, but you still get a very excellent player AND you still get to be in the playoffs.

Look at the 2016 Mercury. They barely made the playoffs, got the #5 pick, and they made a decent run in the playoffs. They parlayed that #5 pick into Danielle Robinson. Best of both worlds.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/11/17 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun are destined for continued mediocrity over the next 3 years, at least, imo. Wink

PostPosted: 04/11/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Oh great. How many bad knees can one team have!

Didn't know she had bad knees.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Young, Exciting Sun Ready for Draft, Training Camp

http://sun.wnba.com/news/young-exciting-sun-ready-draft-training-camp/

York is with Connecticut now? Confused

Quote:
“We’re really excited about Reshanda Gray,” Miller added. “She’s coming into camp motivated and ready to prove people wrong. We’re looking for Jonquel Jones to continue her strong finish to 2016.

Quote:
“Banham was never really healthy and gutted her way through some tough injuries before we shut her down,” said Miller. “She never was able to truly show what she is capable of.

Quote:
The addition of a young, tough post in Lynetta [Kizer], who is coming off her best season as a pro, will help after the loss of Chiney—a player you can’t really replace.”

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/11/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“We’re getting younger as other teams are getting older. That’s exciting to us in regards to what we’re trying to build.

Is there a prize for youngest team in the league?

PostPosted: 04/12/17 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Quote:
“We’re getting younger as other teams are getting older. That’s exciting to us in regards to what we’re trying to build.

Is there a prize for youngest team in the league?

Most of the time you win a lovely big bucket of ping-pong balls.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the possible scenarios, from Jankoska to Wiese to Osahor, I hope CT gets Lindsay Allen.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the roster in Conn fills up fast

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams
A. Thomas/Tuck
Kizer/Gray
J. Jones

That is 9 not including Peterson, Hamson, Adams, Stricklen, Faris, O'neil ? (is Jen O'neil in Conn) pick #8, #13, #16, #25 and C. Ogwumike

You need at least one more big preferably a center, and one more ball handler at least a kind of PG type add this to above and you've got 11, if you don't suspend Chiney you are done.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

That is 9 not including Peterson, Hamson, Adams, Stricklen, Faris, O'neil ? (is Jen O'neil in Conn) pick #8, #13, #16, #25 and C. Ogwumike

You need at least one more big preferably a center, and one more ball handler at least a kind of PG type add this to above and you've got 11, if you don't suspend Chiney you are done.

She signed with Seattle.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 04/12/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Looking at the possible scenarios, from Jankoska to Wiese to Osahor, I hope CT gets Lindsay Allen.

I would like to see Phonix get Osahor. She is a dantastic rebounder among other things. I know Phoenix has BG but she doesn't get a lot of rebounds and would make a difference there. Maybe she and DT could team up. Osahor is from Phoenix and maybe she would like to play at home. Just saying.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/12/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
the roster in Conn fills up fast

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams
A. Thomas/Tuck
Kizer/Gray
J. Jones

Yeah. Too many 2s and a pg i don't care for.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: