RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

San Antonio Stars 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angus24

PostPosted: 03/06/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't recall Hamby ever playing the 3 and seems to me she has yet to show much at the 4 either. I hope Riley and VJ come up with somebody at the 4 who is at least close to what they had with Young.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
I don't recall Hamby ever playing the 3 and seems to me she has yet to show much at the 4 either. I hope Riley and VJ come up with somebody at the 4 who is at least close to what they had with Young.

agree. Hamby shows a lot of activity, but not a lot of skill.

- Amanda Gorman
stever

PostPosted: 03/07/17 2:54 pm    ::: Stars Sign Adut Bulgak to Training Camp Contract Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/stars-sign-adut-bulgak-training-camp-contract/

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/07/17 3:43 pm    ::: Re: Stars Sign Adut Bulgak to Training Camp Contract Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/news/stars-sign-adut-bulgak-training-camp-contract/

I thought NY might give her another look, glad to see someone has, and in SA there is at least a chance she will make the team.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/07/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can see Bulgak at the 4 spot for SA. Alexander & Harrison at center with DeSouza as their 5th post.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UK1996

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jefferson/Colson
Mcbride/Gwathmey
Currie/Peters/Montgomery
Hamby/Dos Santos/Bulgak
DeSouza/Harrison/Alexander

Plus #1 and #5, not a bad place to be if you are in rebuild mode. DeSouza can mentor the young posts, she and Currie give a veteran presence Jefferson, and McBride are two players with a lot of potential. There are a lot of Small Forwards on this team. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a trade or two.

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll predict Bulgak won't make the cut, and Peters & Colson are unsigned as far as I know. UK, are you suggesting SAN won't even draft a post?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/07/17 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't look like Colson is getting resigned. The two I'd cut are Gwathmey & Montgomery.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gwathmey looked pretty hopeless last year. Maybe if they cut her now, fans won't remember that they gave up Jia to get her...though I suspect Jia was asking out.

No Colson sure looks like they're drafting two guards.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/07/17 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Jefferson/Colson
Mcbride/Gwathmey
Currie/Peters/Montgomery
Hamby/Dos Santos/Bulgak
DeSouza/Harrison/Alexander

Plus #1 and #5, not a bad place to be if you are in rebuild mode. DeSouza can mentor the young posts, she and Currie give a veteran presence Jefferson, and McBride are two players with a lot of potential. There are a lot of Small Forwards on this team. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a trade or two.

Looks a lot like a starting 1, a starting 2, and nine backup frontcourt players in search of some starters.

PostPosted: 03/07/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexander showed a lot of improvement last season. I'd guess she's the starting center. Their starting 4 is the big question. Hamby? Dos Santos? Does Hughes still try to mold Hamby into a SF?

PG: Jefferson/K. Mitchell(#1 pick)
SG: McBride/#5 pick
SF: Currie/Peterson/Hamby
PF: Dos Santos/Bulgak
C: Alexander/Harrison/DeSouza

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/07/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SA can pretty much go in either direction with their picks, it crossed my mind they could pick up two guards, or a guard and a wing. It doesn't have to be the guard and a post that we've been assuming in most mocks.

Both Colson and Peters are reserved so they can't go anywhere else until SA renounces their rights, they could still easily sign on when they return from overseas. PX still has three top players who haven't put pen to paper, and the Liberty still have a unsigned cored player, so I wouldn't read too much into Colson and Peters having not having signed on yet. I think they both had more impact than some players currently on the roster so who knows?

Looking at what they have and where they are trying to go I wouldn't be surprised if Currie was traded. I wouldn't be that surprised if she was traded to the Liberty. It makes sense for NY. I don't know how I feel about it though because I would be nervous to see what we would have to offer to make it happen. I don't think there is a simple one for one trade. Maybe Boyd for Currie? IDK

UK1996

PostPosted: 03/07/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colson is an assistant coach at Rice. If I was going to make an offer to New York, I'd offer Currie for Zealous. Zealous would be a good backup for McBride. If Deshields declares it would be an even better trade for SA.

PostPosted: 03/07/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Colson is an assistant coach at Rice. If I was going to make an offer to New York, I'd offer Currie for Zealous. Zealous would be a good backup for McBride. If Deshields declares it would be an even better trade for SA.

I would do that trade. I like Zellous but it seems like a fair price. I actually didn't throw that out there becuase I thought Currie and Zellous were a little too similar, and thought a younger speedy back up PG might carry more interest for SA, but Zellous for Currie seems very workable.

And if they did draft Deshields they could start her with McBride and Jefferson from day 1 and not have to worry about stepping on Currie's toes or ego in the process.

Angus24

PostPosted: 03/08/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like SAS will have quite an array of post players in camp and I cannot say I am wildly enthused about any of them but hope VJ and Riley can sort out that mess. I still hope SAS takes a young post with the #5 if they take the best guard available with the #1

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 03/08/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Looks like SAS will have quite an array of post players in camp and I cannot say I am wildly enthused about any of them but hope VJ and Riley can sort out that mess. I still hope SAS takes a young post with the #5 if they take the best guard available with the #1

The posts in the draft aren't better than what's already there. You take best available both times. Or maybe try to fix their crappy offense.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/14/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars Add Joi Williams and Latricia Trammell to Coaching Staff

Quote:
“I am fortunate to have Joi join my coaching staff,” said Stars Head Coach Vickie Johnson. “She has coached many former WNBA greats, such as Vanessa Hayden, Murriel Page and DeLisha Milton-Jones to name few...

Quote:
“I am very excited to welcome Latricia to our coaching staff,” said Johnson. “Her contribution and dedication to women’s basketball will be a very important piece to helping us reach our goal of a WNBA Championship. Her knowledge of the game and appreciation of the WNBA will bring passion to our Stars players, staff and organization.”

Shades

PostPosted: 03/28/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Overseas Report: March 28

http://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-overseas-report-march-28/

Quote:
Moriah Jefferson, San Antonio Stars

Seattle’s Jewell Loyd starred for Galatasaray following her rookie year in the WNBA, and now it’s Jefferson doing the same while guiding the Turkish squad to a successful season. She’s averaging 18.2 points and 4.6 assists per game while shooting better than 50 percent from the field in league play. With three games remaining, Galatasaray sits in fourth place with a 16-6 record. Jefferson was even better in EuroCup action, finishing with averages of 22 points and 4.9 assists per game as her squad was eliminated in the semifinals last week. Galatasaray had gone unbeaten in group play before coming up short in the knockout round.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/03/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars sign Vicki Baugh and Haley Peters to training camp contracts

UK1996

PostPosted: 04/03/17 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Deshields out of the picture, I'm going to assume that San Antonio will play small with McBride at the 3. They could draft Weise. She and Plum can backup the 1 and 2. I'd try shopping for a 2018 first rounder. The only untouchables would be Jefferson, McBride, Harrison, and Plum. I think getting Wilson and a big guard in 2018 could create a bright future in San Antonio. With a 2nd first round pick and early 2nd round pick they could draft two guards with size. The pool of 6 foot guards next year is deep.
Jefferson
Plum/Weise/Alexander
McBride/Currie/Peters
Hamby/Dos Santos
Alexander/Harrison/DeSouza
Jefferson/Plum
McBride/Weise/2nd round pick
1st rounder/Currie
Wilson/Dos Santos
Alexander/Harrison/Desouza

PostPosted: 04/03/17 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
With Deshields out of the picture, I'm going to assume that San Antonio will play small with McBride at the 3. They could draft Weise. She and Plum can backup the 1 and 2. I'd try shopping for a 2018 first rounder. The only untouchables would be Jefferson, McBride, Harrison, and Plum. I think getting Wilson and a big guard in 2018 could create a bright future in San Antonio. With a 2nd first round pick and early 2nd round pick they could draft two guards with size. The pool of 6 foot guards next year is deep.
Jefferson
Plum/Weise/Alexander
McBride/Currie/Peters
Hamby/Dos Santos
Alexander/Harrison/DeSouza
Jefferson/Plum
McBride/Weise/2nd round pick
1st rounder/Currie
Wilson/Dos Santos
Alexander/Harrison/Desouza

I like the way you think. I keep forgetting that the draft lottery is a 2-year process now.

That being said, it would be highway robbery if they're able to move Hamby for a 2018 first-rounder. I also don't think Erika will play beyond this season.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/03/17 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think SA goes with 2 guards in the draft

Jefferson/#1 Plum
McBride/#5 A. Jones or SWK
Currie/Peters/*
Harrison/Dos Santos
Alexander/De Souza/**

* Hamby, Montgomery, Gwathmey, Hodges

** Baugh, Bulgak,

PS Don't get too hung up on Position with Plum or Hamby, and obviously SWK is a 2 while A. Jones can be a 1 or a 2 and so on.

Angus24

PostPosted: 04/06/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SAS has updated their roster. Now showing the two new assistant coaches and Wade evidently gone. Also Tonya Holley, long time trainer I think, with new title and a new trainer. Hope SAS takes Plum at the #1 but I would not be surprised if they take B. Jones at #5 if she is still available.

stever

PostPosted: 04/06/17 6:33 pm    ::: Stars Sign Sequoia Holmes and Courtney Williams Reply Reply with quote

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/stars-sign-sequoia-holmes-and-courtney-williams-to-training-camp-contracts/n-5245921#-/web/topics/268490733-1491521379687-trackingCode-6m02M5I88+zr6rJi3tTd4PCfuutaGQK+5WTOWKsrK5pktoLweaXrh2TS7SUojRhK-articleId-397476843-vv-baad5b95-71ed-40fe-a047-bcd075f79304

...Holmes has been averaging 11.3 ppg....in Angola

Angus24

PostPosted: 04/08/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like SAS has signed a lot of players to Training Camp contracts. Is there any limit on how many a team can sign?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: