RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2734



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tonight Plaisance and GloJo secured 7 rebounds in 52 total minutes while Charles and Stokes snagged 25 boards in 65 minutes. That was the game. Really poor rebounding by the Wings posts.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17524



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Forget a trade. We need liz tonight exposed why. I believe even with paris in the line up this still would have happened. Tina made our post look like ginger bread babies Embarassed .

Tina might also have fouled Liz out of the game in about 6 minutes.
As I posted on the previous page, WNBA is not in her plans for this season. She said so herself. Hopefully the Wings made a good impression and she pencils it in for next year, but it's really best for everyone's sanity if they just assume she won't be there until she is physically there and in uniform at the start of a game.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13959



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/17 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes, with Cambage the Wings would have beaten the Liberty last night. Charles likely would have had only 20. No one could guard Charles last night. We'll see where all these rumors & reports end up.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/17 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yes, with Cambage the Wings would have beaten the Liberty last night. Charles likely would have had only 20. No one could guard Charles last night. We'll see where all these rumors & reports end up.


+1



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5003
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/17 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has Cambage gotten quicker, better post footwork. Admittedly, I haven't seen her play as of late but back in the day in Tulsa against more athletic bigs she was at a disadvantage. Her size help her mitigate some of that deficiency but still she just seemed slow to me.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 620
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?


Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !



When did this happen?


April 7, 1995 ?


I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing


If you are saying that compared to a guard, then yes Coates is slower, but why make such a comparison? Anyone who puts Alaina Coates in a guard spot for their team is not shuffling a full deck. If you're keeping her at the post position, then unless you're predicting that her ankle injury will slow her down, you have no evidence that compared to posts during her college career Coates was slow. She has been always very quick down the floor, and has been praised by more than can be counted for her quickness, foot speed, athleticism, and hustle after loose balls.

She has shown times when she's been in very physical post battles, that she will not hustle as much. In those times I'm sure she was either exhausted, frustrated, or both. But then she has also shown more times than that, that when she wants to hustle, she leaves other competing posts for the other teams behind. You're the first person I've ever seen in text or audio state that "Alaina Coates is slow".....


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/04/17 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?


Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !



When did this happen?


April 7, 1995 ?


I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing


If you are saying that compared to a guard, then yes Coates is slower, but why make such a comparison? Anyone who puts Alaina Coates in a guard spot for their team is not shuffling a full deck. If you're keeping her at the post position, then unless you're predicting that her ankle injury will slow her down, you have no evidence that compared to posts during her college career Coates was slow. She has been always very quick down the floor, and has been praised by more than can be counted for her quickness, foot speed, athleticism, and hustle after loose balls.

She has shown times when she's been in very physical post battles, that she will not hustle as much. In those times I'm sure she was either exhausted, frustrated, or both. But then she has also shown more times than that, that when she wants to hustle, she leaves other competing posts for the other teams behind. You're the first person I've ever seen in text or audio state that "Alaina Coates is slow".....


Who said anything about coates playing GUARD Shocked #TankModesFinest. And your praising her abilities on the college level. Shes not in kansas anymore my friend. Put coates in a WNBA pick and roll and let that speak for itself. Im not even going to mention the bum ankle and the effects that will have outside the paint. Can she guard mobile bigs in this league is the question not can she play guard Rolling Eyes



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 8333



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
chadb



Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Posts: 967
Location: Philadelphia


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/cigna-nets-dallas-wings-sponsorship#.WT_iUyhgRR4.twitter


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 620
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?


Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !



When did this happen?


April 7, 1995 ?


I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing


If you are saying that compared to a guard, then yes Coates is slower, but why make such a comparison? Anyone who puts Alaina Coates in a guard spot for their team is not shuffling a full deck. If you're keeping her at the post position, then unless you're predicting that her ankle injury will slow her down, you have no evidence that compared to posts during her college career Coates was slow. She has been always very quick down the floor, and has been praised by more than can be counted for her quickness, foot speed, athleticism, and hustle after loose balls.

She has shown times when she's been in very physical post battles, that she will not hustle as much. In those times I'm sure she was either exhausted, frustrated, or both. But then she has also shown more times than that, that when she wants to hustle, she leaves other competing posts for the other teams behind. You're the first person I've ever seen in text or audio state that "Alaina Coates is slow".....


Who said anything about coates playing GUARD Shocked #TankModesFinest. And your praising her abilities on the college level. Shes not in kansas anymore my friend. Put coates in a WNBA pick and roll and let that speak for itself. Im not even going to mention the bum ankle and the effects that will have outside the paint. Can she guard mobile bigs in this league is the question not can she play guard Rolling Eyes


I was trying to make heads or tails of what you meant about Alaina Coates being "slow". As to her ankle injury, you are ignorant as to what degree it will hamper her ability to fully recover in the future if it hampers it at all. So perhaps you are trying to spin your nonsense into "Coates is slow while she's laid up with the ankle injury", but she's not playing on the injured ankle, so again what are you talking about?

The quickness at the collegiate level is not different than the quickness at the professional level. Certainly not to any extent that a post with the athleticism and quickness that Coates has will now be "slow". If anything, the WBB players get slower at the professional level, not quicker. Compared to how she played while at UConn, Taurasi is "slow" these days.....


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?


Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !



When did this happen?


April 7, 1995 ?


I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing


If you are saying that compared to a guard, then yes Coates is slower, but why make such a comparison? Anyone who puts Alaina Coates in a guard spot for their team is not shuffling a full deck. If you're keeping her at the post position, then unless you're predicting that her ankle injury will slow her down, you have no evidence that compared to posts during her college career Coates was slow. She has been always very quick down the floor, and has been praised by more than can be counted for her quickness, foot speed, athleticism, and hustle after loose balls.

She has shown times when she's been in very physical post battles, that she will not hustle as much. In those times I'm sure she was either exhausted, frustrated, or both. But then she has also shown more times than that, that when she wants to hustle, she leaves other competing posts for the other teams behind. You're the first person I've ever seen in text or audio state that "Alaina Coates is slow".....


Who said anything about coates playing GUARD Shocked #TankModesFinest. And your praising her abilities on the college level. Shes not in kansas anymore my friend. Put coates in a WNBA pick and roll and let that speak for itself. Im not even going to mention the bum ankle and the effects that will have outside the paint. Can she guard mobile bigs in this league is the question not can she play guard Rolling Eyes


I was trying to make heads or tails of what you meant about Alaina Coates being "slow". As to her ankle injury, you are ignorant as to what degree it will hamper her ability to fully recover in the future if it hampers it at all. So perhaps you are trying to spin your nonsense into "Coates is slow while she's laid up with the ankle injury", but she's not playing on the injured ankle, so again what are you talking about? The quickness at the collegiate level is not different than the quickness at the professional level. Certainly not to any extent that a post with the athleticism and quickness that Coates has will now be "slow".If anything, the WBB players get slower at the professional level, not quicker. Compared to how she played while at UConn, Taurasi is "slow" these day..


A player gets hurt misses the most important time of her career rides a pedal stool to the draft and misses and entire season and your saying shes not going to miss a beat? Laughing

After reading this, im starting to believe you do not know the definition of ignorant Shocked Laughing

I think im going to stop this debate with you Laughing your experience level is pretty obvious. Rolling Eyes



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Iluvacc



Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 2439



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?


Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !



When did this happen?


April 7, 1995 ?


I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing


If you are saying that compared to a guard, then yes Coates is slower, but why make such a comparison? Anyone who puts Alaina Coates in a guard spot for their team is not shuffling a full deck. If you're keeping her at the post position, then unless you're predicting that her ankle injury will slow her down, you have no evidence that compared to posts during her college career Coates was slow. She has been always very quick down the floor, and has been praised by more than can be counted for her quickness, foot speed, athleticism, and hustle after loose balls.

She has shown times when she's been in very physical post battles, that she will not hustle as much. In those times I'm sure she was either exhausted, frustrated, or both. But then she has also shown more times than that, that when she wants to hustle, she leaves other competing posts for the other teams behind. You're the first person I've ever seen in text or audio state that "Alaina Coates is slow".....


Who said anything about coates playing GUARD Shocked #TankModesFinest. And your praising her abilities on the college level. Shes not in kansas anymore my friend. Put coates in a WNBA pick and roll and let that speak for itself. Im not even going to mention the bum ankle and the effects that will have outside the paint. Can she guard mobile bigs in this league is the question not can she play guard Rolling Eyes


I was trying to make heads or tails of what you meant about Alaina Coates being "slow". As to her ankle injury, you are ignorant as to what degree it will hamper her ability to fully recover in the future if it hampers it at all. So perhaps you are trying to spin your nonsense into "Coates is slow while she's laid up with the ankle injury", but she's not playing on the injured ankle, so again what are you talking about? The quickness at the collegiate level is not different than the quickness at the professional level. Certainly not to any extent that a post with the athleticism and quickness that Coates has will now be "slow".If anything, the WBB players get slower at the professional level, not quicker. Compared to how she played while at UConn, Taurasi is "slow" these day..


A player gets hurt misses the most important time of her career rides a pedal stool to the draft and misses and entire season and your saying shes not going to miss a beat? Laughing

After reading this, im starting to believe you do not know the definition of ignorant Shocked Laughing

I think im going to stop this debate with you Laughing your experience level is pretty obvious. Rolling Eyes


You're not allowed to post for the rest of the day Laughing


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17524



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Iluvacc



Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 2439



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:



That goes for you too! Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 9920
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It has now been a couple of weeks since it was reported that the Wings were trying get Cambage back into the WNBA for this season. What is the status now? (I am not on Twitter or Instagram, so I have no idea from what they have wrote about this.)



_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17524



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
It has now been a couple of weeks since it was reported that the Wings were trying get Cambage back into the WNBA for this season. What is the status now? (I am not on Twitter or Instagram, so I have no idea from what they have wrote about this.)

I get that people don't trust her to play if she says she's going to play somewhere, but she already said just a few weeks ago that she's not going to play this season, and personally I take her at her word on that one.
She's now in London btw.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:



That goes for you too! Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


omg im crying guys Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing #ThePedalStool



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice the minimal or lack there of playing time KD (Kaela Davis) Recieved against Washington ? Does this favor Ariel's return and KD's mins being diminished ?



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Did anyone else notice the minimal or lack there of playing time KD (Kaela Davis) Recieved against Washington ? Does this favor Ariel's return and KD's mins being diminished ?


I think she just had a bad game: =/- negative 15, 1-4 FG, 3 PF 2 TO's all in 11 minutes so Fred didn't keep her in much. I think a of times coaches look at the plus/minus during the game and try to see how well or badly things are going when a particular player in the game.

Powers will likely be competing for minutes with Davis, Christmas and Gray was well. Wings might want to consider a trade with a team with too many posts......(I'm looking at you Chicago.)


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13959



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43596



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?


Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?



Helllll to the no , i like Davis & All but Powers < Davis A (Healthy Powers ) does at least



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?


Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?


Kelly of Christmas Kelly is a coach at a HS in Marietta, GA. I think the dots connect straight to Atlanta.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43596



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?


Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?


Kelly of Christmas Kelly is a coach at a HS in Marietta, GA. I think the dots connect straight to Atlanta.


You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?


Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?


Kelly of Christmas Kelly is a coach at a HS in Marietta, GA. I think the dots connect straight to Atlanta.


You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?


Seems fitting that shes the one to go with the young rising talent we have at that position. KD / Gray / Powers / Diggins & Chong could be together for years to come. Although the most consistent all around player we have is karima So unless we can luck up with a nice young rookie next year with a little size on the perimeter along with being able to bang with the big gals we might need to keep KCK . Only player that comes to mind would be DD ijs Idea



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1094



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?


Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?


Kelly of Christmas Kelly is a coach at a HS in Marietta, GA. I think the dots connect straight to Atlanta.


You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?


Seems fitting that shes the one to go with the young rising talent we have at that position. KD / Gray / Powers / Diggins & Chong could be together for years to come. Although the most consistent all around player we have is karima So unless we can luck up with a nice young rookie next year with a little size on the perimeter along with being able to bang with the big gals we might need to keep KCK . Only player that comes to mind would be DD ijs Idea


Kelly is under valued by many people here, but I think the wings need to keep her, they should trade KD, who I can't see being on the floor with powers. If the wings miss the playoffs and miss out out on Wilson, then Billings at 6'3 would be a good pick up, if not then they should take Gabby Williams. Williams could come in and be a starting wing, and also guard some 4's in the league and possibly a replacement for Johnson, Gabby is basically Thornton with a much high upside.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?


Not sure Angel will be coming this year, next year or ever, but I simply don't know. Dream have lots of capspace, money is no object. I've said for a while now Dream should move on from Angel - trade her.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43596



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?


Not sure Angel will be coming this year, next year or ever, but I simply don't know. Dream have lots of capspace, money is no object. I've said for a while now Dream should move on from Angel - trade her.


Plum + SAN's first round in 2018 for McCoughtry Shocked
Might work for both sides, but I'd feel blessed that you have an elite player that actually hasn't demanded a trade. Treat her right and she might stay beyond the obligatory 10 years.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?


Not sure Angel will be coming this year, next year or ever, but I simply don't know. Dream have lots of capspace, money is no object. I've said for a while now Dream should move on from Angel - trade her.


Plum + SAN's first round in 2018 for McCoughtry Shocked
Might work for both sides, but I'd feel blessed that you have an elite player that actually hasn't demanded a trade. Treat her right and she might stay beyond the obligatory 10 years.



Works for me. Or maybe Angel for C-K and Wings No. 1 pick 2018.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43596



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?


Not sure Angel will be coming this year, next year or ever, but I simply don't know. Dream have lots of capspace, money is no object. I've said for a while now Dream should move on from Angel - trade her.


Plum + SAN's first round in 2018 for McCoughtry Shocked
Might work for both sides, but I'd feel blessed that you have an elite player that actually hasn't demanded a trade. Treat her right and she might stay beyond the obligatory 10 years.



Works for me. Or maybe Angel for C-K and Wings No. 1 pick 2018.


Fred does love McCoughtry, but he already has Powers and Davis who can play the position... so I dunno. Play Powers 10 mpg behind McCoughtry and slot Davis behind Gray? That's a lot of egos to keep happy. Can Fred handle that?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?


Not sure Angel will be coming this year, next year or ever, but I simply don't know. Dream have lots of capspace, money is no object. I've said for a while now Dream should move on from Angel - trade her.


Plum + SAN's first round in 2018 for McCoughtry Shocked
Might work for both sides, but I'd feel blessed that you have an elite player that actually hasn't demanded a trade. Treat her right and she might stay beyond the obligatory 10 years.



Works for me. Or maybe Angel for C-K and Wings No. 1 pick 2018.


No , No & Hell No. No more headcases



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You may be right. Not sure which teams would want Angel but she fills a scarce position. Fred has probably done better with her than anyone. Sparks might make more sense, but what assets would they give up.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
You may be right. Not sure which teams would want Angel but she fills a scarce position. Fred has probably done better with her than anyone. Sparks might make more sense, but what assets would they give up.


Fred can go too , Ive had enough of his weird patterns . I for see things only getting more confusing once powers comes back . Angel needs to go to a team like NY . Some place where she can let her true form evolve Cool



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43596



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/24/17 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If you win the lottery, you take the best player. At this point it looks like hands down, it is Aja. I disagree that she is a 5 in the W. To me she is clearly a 4 - like a better version of Breland (and I like Breland). But SAS is the big favorite to win the lottery anyway so Dallas is probably looking at the #3 or #4 at best.


If Dallas doesn't make the playoffs, they'd be in good position for #2. They were in the lottery this year (and Curt Miller would agree they made good use of that pick with Shaqator). Chicago's own pick was #9. So, yeah.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43596



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Life in WNBA teaches Dallas Wings' Saniya Chong something she just wasn't going to learn in college

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/moresports/2017/06/28/life-wnba-teaches-dallas-wingssaniya-chong-something-just-going-learn-college


Quote:
She spent the last four years being programmed at Connecticut that losing was not an option on the basketball court. Because it wasn't.



Quote:
And in her first month with the Wings, Chong lost more games than she lost in four seasons at Connecticut.



Quote:


Add it all up and Chong and her Huskies went 863 days between defeats. As an athlete, as a competitor, she forgot how to lose.


The irony now is that she has started her professional career where her college career ended -- in North Texas. Mississippi State upset Connecticut at the American Airlines Center. Two months later, Chong was plying her craft at College Park Center.



Quote:
Williams also drafted Connecticut players in each of his previous two stints as a WNBA coach, Shea Ralph at the Utah Starzz in 2001 and Tiffany Hayes at the Atlanta Dream in 2012. Williams became sold on Chong after watching her and the Huskies play at SMU in 2016.


"I liked her willpower and relentlessness on defense," said Williams after a recent practice. "Even if someone was quicker than her, faster than her, she was always working the angles to get a tip, a steal or get into the passing lane to make a play. I just liked her demeanor. I thought if there was a chance to draft her, then we as a team are going to draft her and give her a shot."


Quote:
"You need to bring your A-game each and every night. I love it."



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FemmeFatale



Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 231



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aerial could be back within the next 2 weeks
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/06/29/dallas-wings-guard-aerial-powers-return-injury-within-next-two-weeks


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
Aerial could be back within the next 2 weeks
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/06/29/dallas-wings-guard-aerial-powers-return-injury-within-next-two-weeks


Hopefully been waiting a while , so after ASG most likely she will be ready.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13959



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:
Aerial could be back within the next 2 weeks
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/06/29/dallas-wings-guard-aerial-powers-return-injury-within-next-two-weeks


Hopefully been waiting a while , so after ASG most likely she will be ready.


I would assume both her & Paris will be back after the All-star game.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5674



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas could really use Powers right now.Despite the 4 game win streak,the wings raw numbers are very poor.

Offense:
Fg%(8th)
3pt%(8th)
Reb(8th)
Asst(10th)

Defense:

Fg%(11th)
Pts(12th)
asst(10th)

Dallas' biggest strength has been their ability to get to the free throw line,and hit at a high rate.The wings have a +5.0 per game FT attempt advantage on their opponents.The wings are also very resilient.Dallas has won 4 games where they've trailed by double digits in the 2nd half(LAS,Wash,SA-2x)...Having a 3-0 record versus SA really helps.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas could really use Powers right now.Despite the 4 game win streak,the wings raw numbers are very poor.

Offense:
Fg%(8th)
3pt%(8th)
Reb(8th)
Asst(10th)

Defense:

Fg%(11th)
Pts(12th)
asst(10th)

Dallas' biggest strength has been their ability to get to the free throw line,and hit at a high rate.The wings have a +5.0 per game FT attempt advantage on their opponents.The wings are also very resilient.Dallas has won 4 games where they've trailed by double digits in the 2nd half(LAS,Wash,SA-2x)...Having a 3-0 record versus SA really helps.


We could Really use Cambage , the offense is not at its best but the defense needs to improve DRAMATICALLY , i know if a team scores 90 were losing for sure no doubt about it . When they dont we win simple



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 746



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 746



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?


Since DD has finished her 4 year commitment in college and will be playing a full season overseas, does this mean she will be a free agent for the 2018 WNBA season? Seems like judging from the story on Swish Appeal that she can sign with which ever team she wants. I thought a player becomes a free agent and can fore go the draft if she graduates and plays a full season overseas.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?


Since DD has finished her 4 year commitment in college and will be playing a full season overseas, does this mean she will be a free agent for the 2018 WNBA season? Seems like judging from the story on Swish Appeal that she can sign with which ever team she wants. I thought a player becomes a free agent and can fore go the draft if she graduates and plays a full season overseas.


Word is that she will still have to enter the draft ,but if she can skip it then that would be awesome .



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 746



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?


Since DD has finished her 4 year commitment in college and will be playing a full season overseas, does this mean she will be a free agent for the 2018 WNBA season? Seems like judging from the story on Swish Appeal that she can sign with which ever team she wants. I thought a player becomes a free agent and can fore go the draft if she graduates and plays a full season overseas.



Word is that she will still have to enter the draft ,but if she can skip it then that would be awesome .


Oh ok. Was just wondering. Glad she doesn't want to play in Connecticut. I don't care how good a player she might become. She seems like a total headcase to me. Don't need that kinda energy on the Sun team. They got rid of Bone last year for that. You can have her in Dallas. She will pair well with the other headcases they have on their roster.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?


Since DD has finished her 4 year commitment in college and will be playing a full season overseas, does this mean she will be a free agent for the 2018 WNBA season? Seems like judging from the story on Swish Appeal that she can sign with which ever team she wants. I thought a player becomes a free agent and can fore go the draft if she graduates and plays a full season overseas.



Word is that she will still have to enter the draft ,but if she can skip it then that would be awesome .


Oh ok. Was just wondering. Glad she doesn't want to play in Connecticut. I don't care how good a player she might become. She seems like a total headcase to me. Don't need that kinda energy on the Sun team. They got rid of Bone last year for that. You can have her in Dallas. She will pair well with the other headcases they have on their roster.


Let some optimism rise at least our headcases will both be Lady vols so they might find a common ground ya know Cool



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 746



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?


Since DD has finished her 4 year commitment in college and will be playing a full season overseas, does this mean she will be a free agent for the 2018 WNBA season? Seems like judging from the story on Swish Appeal that she can sign with which ever team she wants. I thought a player becomes a free agent and can fore go the draft if she graduates and plays a full season overseas.



Word is that she will still have to enter the draft ,but if she can skip it then that would be awesome .


Oh ok. Was just wondering. Glad she doesn't want to play in Connecticut. I don't care how good a player she might become. She seems like a total headcase to me. Don't need that kinda energy on the Sun team. They got rid of Bone last year for that. You can have her in Dallas. She will pair well with the other headcases they have on their roster.


Let some optimism rise at least our headcases will both be Lady vols so they might find a common ground ya know Cool


Haha thats true.


shontay33



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 233



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.


Laughing Love the rumors flying around. Must be from a "valid" source.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah - Swish Appeal has had a few airballs now and then.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11287



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a reason to doubt the report? Would anyone be surprised if Diamond and Daddy DeShields think they've figured out a way to game the system? I wouldn't. Sounds just like something they would do.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin