Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 07/13/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
Randy wrote:
It is a bit ironic that DeShields is campaigning to get drafted by the Wings while Davis' Tweeter Mom prays for her to get traded. (Based only on her choice of apparel at the recent Dream game Wilson may prefer a Dallas address next season as well.)

Wilson was there supporting her BFF Gray that why she wore "grays" tip off shirt

Maybe so, but I would have preferred to see her in Dream t-shirt.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 07/13/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if it make you feel better she wore and indy tee to support tiff last year

PostPosted: 07/13/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want Dallas to add DeShields. Then play her alongside Christmas, Davis, Gray and Powers. Then I want hear announcers and coaches talking about how you deal with the Wings wings attack Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/13/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The chances of Cambage playing a single game next season for dallas is less than 25%.Injury,trade,exclusive contract with overseas team,and change of heart are all potential obstacles.The long layoff,and Liz's injury history has me concerned.Is she in good enough condition to play a full wnbl season without getting hurt ?..Liz also makes it clear that she wants to play in the wnba again,but not necessarily in dallas.I won't get my hopes up on Liz joining the wings until she makes a verbal commitment,and signs a contract.

Whether Liz shows up or not,acquiring a young starting center with some size should be high on the wings priority list.Dallas should have offered the #4 pick & player to chicago for Dolson & Quigley before the 2017 draft.

Coming from inside sources here in arlington Cambage will be a wing next season zune enough said Laughing Weather its 1 season or 20. She will play in Dallas next year, Enough said . How long will you continue to beat this dead horse.
Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/13/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I want Dallas to add DeShields. Then play her alongside Christmas, Davis, Gray and Powers. Then I want hear announcers and coaches talking about how you deal with the Wings wings attack Wink

I would kind of like that too. It would drive Liberty and Sky fans crazy trying to think up trades to get one of the Wings' wings.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 07/13/17 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:

I would kind of like that too. It would drive Liberty and Sky fans crazy trying to think up trades to get one of the Wings' wings.

Lol. the only players that interest me is Powers and Gray.

Powers injury history scares me but when she is healthy i love her game, she plays with aggressiveness attack mode

Randy

PostPosted: 07/13/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:

Lol. the only players that interest me is Powers and Gray.

Powers injury history scares me but when she is healthy i love her game, she plays with aggressiveness attack mode

I doubt Dallas would want to let go of Gray. NY worked wonders with Sugar and it seems that Davis might be a player with similar shortcomings as Sugar had. Davis needs more discipline, better d, and most of all a reliable 3 point shot. Seems to me that NY did just that with Sugar.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/16/17 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How long will you continue to beat this dead horse.
Rolling Eyes

Dallas' inside sources(Phillips) have no say in the matter...nor can they predict how Cambage will mentally/emotionally react when it's time to leave her family.Liz has a history of depression."Separation anxiety disorder" could be the cause.Remember when Cambage missed her scheduled flight from Australia to Tulsa back during the 2012 season ?......I'll believe Cambage is playing for dallas in 2018 when she's in training camp.Until then,dallas needs to make plans on acquiring a starting center who has upside(Stokes,Dolson,Boyette,Coates)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/16/17 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Dallas' inside sources(Phillips) have no say in the matter...nor can they predict how Cambage will mentally/emotionally react when it's time to leave her family.Liz has a history of depression."Separation anxiety disorder" could be the cause.Remember when Cambage missed her scheduled flight from Australia to Tulsa back during the 2012 season ?......I'll believe Cambage is playing for dallas in 2018 when she's in training camp.Until then,dallas needs to make plans on acquiring a starting center who has upside(Stokes,Dolson,Boyette,Coates)

Just Beat It Til You Cant Beat No More Huh ..Your entitled to your opinion , But I will say Judging A players mentality from 6 yrs ago to have some sort of negative outlook on how she operates on a regular basis is trash. Have faith for a change , people grow up too ya know?

PostPosted: 07/16/17 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Glojo now replace BG in the ASG?

PostPosted: 07/16/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Just Beat It Til You Cant Beat No More Huh ..Your entitled to your opinion , But I will say Judging A players mentality from 6 yrs ago to have some sort of negative outlook on how she operates on a regular basis is trash. Have faith for a change , people grow up too ya know?

What does growing up have to do with Cambages' battle with depression ?...I've never called Liz immature or a bad person,not accusing you of saying I did.Dallas hiring Phillips to be Cambages' unofficial chaperone has me feeling some type of way....1.Has Cambage fully recovered from her bout with depression,or does she need friends/family close by to keep her spirits up ?.....and 2.Dallas would've been better off hiring a defensive coach instead of Phillips....The last time Cambage suited up for Tulsa,they were the worst defensive team in the league.If the wings don't change their defensive principles between now and next season,they'll still be the worst defensive team in the league.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/16/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel about Cambage as I do about high school transfers: I believe it when I see the girl on the court, and I'll believe Cambage is playing for Dallas when she's out there jumping center at the beginning of the game.

Until then, though, I think it would be a mistake, if not a foolish mistake, for the Dallas brain trust (such as it is) to make plans based on the fact that Cambage says she's going to play in the WNBA.

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm in that group that will believe it when I see her on opening day next season. She could easily have a change of heart and opt to spend the summer(Aussie winter) home for whatever reason she feels like pulling out of her hat.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She has played in China, which is probably more of a culture shock than playing in the US. So it's not like she is afraid to leave native soil. Of course, they were paying her a lot more in the Middle Kingdom.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Dallas' inside sources(Phillips) have no say in the matter...nor can they predict how Cambage will mentally/emotionally react when it's time to leave her family.

They can predict better than you. Why do you keep pushing this family angle? We're talking about Cambage, not Delle Donne.

zune69 wrote:
Liz has a history of depression."Separation anxiety disorder" could be the cause.

You're really reaching here. FOMO is more likely her disease.

zune69 wrote:
Remember when Cambage missed her scheduled flight from Australia to Tulsa back during the 2012 season?

It was from London, and so did Taurasi. Taurasi's excuse was uncomfortable wisdom teeth at age 30. Cambage wanted to attend a birthday party her crew planned for her. That was 5 years ago. Cambage is showing signs of growing up.

zune69 wrote:
I'll believe Cambage is playing for dallas in 2018 when she's in training camp.Until then,dallas needs to make plans on acquiring a starting center who has upside(Stokes,Dolson,Boyette,Coates)

When toad assumed they would draft DeShields, I said the post is still their biggest weakness, regardless of whether Cambage came or not. But I don't necessarily think they need to focus on the center position. Aren't you worried about Paris getting pushed out?

It'll be interesting to see where Dallas ends up drafting. Best available might not be a big, especially if they end up in the lottery without #1. Praying for Azura?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 07/16/17 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/16/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

What does growing up have to do with Cambages' battle with depression?

Why would depression be a factor in anything? Glory Johnson outed Griner for having issues with depression. I wouldn't doubt Glory Johnson or other players have the same issue. Should they all give up playing basketball and lay in bed all day? How do you know Cambage is actually depressed? Is she self-diagnosed or has she talked about getting treatment for it?

zune69 wrote:
I've never called Liz immature or a bad person, not accusing you of saying I did.

An immature person isn't necessarily a bad one, and I think most people would agree that Cambage has been immature. So what? A lot of people are that way. She's still relatively young but 6 years older than when she was drafted.

zune69 wrote:
Dallas hiring Phillips to be Cambages' unofficial chaperone has me feeling some type of way

Listening to Phillips doing color, she comes off as very intelligent and basketball knowledgeable, and every bit as capable as Taylor to do this job.

zune69 wrote:
Has Cambage fully recovered from her bout with depression, or does she need friends/family close by to keep her spirits up?

Again, this is not Delle Donne. It's odd that your treatment for depression is to have family around all the time. Are you an expert in this field?

zune69 wrote:
Dallas would've been better off hiring a defensive coach instead of Phillips.

Taj is one of the best post coaches. They can have both.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 07/16/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Remember when Cambage missed her scheduled flight from Australia to Tulsa back during the 2012 season?

It was from London, and so did Taurasi.

No, it was from Australia. She returned from London to Australia, and the Shock let her have extra time off in Australia. When she was scheduled to fly to the USA, she missed (skipped) the flight and ultimately decided not to show for the remaining two weeks leaving 2011 and 2013 as the only two years she has played in the WNBA.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/16/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
They can predict better than you. Why do you keep pushing this family angle? We're talking about Cambage, not Delle Donne.

Based on dallas' questionable history(draft,trades,signings,coaching staff)..I have very little confidence in their decision making/predictions.

Liz Cambage quote:
Quote:
The exceptionally close pair keenly feel the separation when Cambage lives overseas for extended periods, which she has done twice — to play for other teams in China and one season in the WNBA in the US. Cambage will spend from October to February playing for Shanghai.

“It’s hard, I struggle being an only child being away from my family,” she says. “I’ve just got to remember you’re there to get the job done and it does go quickly.”

Shades wrote:
[You're really reaching here. FOMO is more likely her disease.

I wasn't trying to diagnose Cambage.Just giving my opinion based a her interview history,and opting to spend most of her down time in Australia(closer to family/friends)

Shades wrote:
It was from London, and so did Taurasi. Taurasi's excuse was uncomfortable wisdom teeth at age 30. Cambage wanted to attend a birthday party her crew planned for her. That was 5 years ago. Cambage is showing signs of growing up.

Leave Taurasi out of this.......Diana is a top 5 all-time great with multiple championships.DT had played 10 straight years for the wnba,usa basketball,and internationally before tooth-gate.

Shades wrote:
When toad assumed they would draft DeShields, I said the post is still their biggest weakness, regardless of whether Cambage came or not. But I don't necessarily think they need to focus on the center position. Aren't you worried about Paris getting pushed out?

Nope.......Paris had her chance at being the starting center.....dallas needs a defensive post presence/rebounder,or a center who can consistently get them 10-14 pts and rebound.Paris can rebound,but she's not producing enough points.

Shades wrote:
[It'll be interesting to see where Dallas ends up drafting. Best available might not be a big, especially of they end up in the lottery without #1. Praying for Azura?

Dallas should package Christmas,a 2nd player, & the 2018 2nd rd pick for a center(Dolson,Coates,Boyette,Stokes)

zune69

PostPosted: 07/16/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Why would depression be a factor in anything? Glory Johnson outed Griner for having issues with depression. I wouldn't doubt Glory Johnson or other players have the same issue. Should they all give up playing basketball and lay in bed all day? How do you know Cambage is actually depressed? Is she self-diagnosed or has she talked about getting treatment for it?

Quote from Liz Cambage:
Quote:

BASKETBALL star Liz Cambage has spoken out about her fight with mental illness.

The Opals squad member, who is preparing to fly out to Brazil this week for the Rio Olympics, battled depression in the middle of last year and continues to have to manage the condition.

Some days, the 24-year-old found it difficult to get out of bed.

“I’ve juggled it since I was a teenager, and had a few mental issues here and there,” she said.

“Last year I had depression again and I really, really struggled in China (where she was playing for a Shanghai team in the national competition.)[/

Shades wrote:
An immature person isn't necessarily a bad one, and I think most people would agree that Cambage has been immature. So what? A lot of people are that way. She's still relatively young but 6 years older than when she was drafted.

Some people think cambage is a bad seed.I just wanted to make it clear that my opinions about Liz aren't personal .My "Bad Person" comment has no relation to cambage being perceived as immature.

Shades wrote:
Listening to Phillips doing color, she comes off as very intelligent and basketball knowledgeable, and every bit as capable as Taylor to do this job..

Being a good speaker,and expert at you craft doesn't mean you're a good decision maker or capable of running an organization.I can make a long list of sports commentators who were well spoken and knowledgeable in their sport,only to fail when they became a HC/GM.

Shades wrote:
Again, this is not Delle Donne. It's odd that your treatment for depression is to have family around all the time. Are you an expert in this field?.”

Again...Cambage quptes

Quote:

“It’s hard, I struggle being an only child being away from my family,” she says. “I’ve just got to remember you’re there to get the job done and it does go quickly.”

Quote:

The Opals squad member, who is preparing to fly out to Brazil this week for the Rio Olympics, battled depression in the middle of last year and continues to have to manage the condition.

“Last year I had depression again and I really, really struggled in China (where she was playing for a Shanghai team in the national competition.)

Shades wrote:
Taj is one of the best post coaches. They can have both.

I prefer a defensive coach who knows how to put together defensive schemes for the entire team.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/17 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope cambage comes over next season signs an extended contract plays the next 5 years in the W wins MVP along with 3 WNBA titles in 5 years and shuts all you nay sayers the F U ! Cool Cool #GoWings

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 07/17/17 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/17/17 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I hope cambage comes over next season starts signs an extended contract plays the next 5 years in the W wins MVP along with 3 WNBA titles in 5 years and shuts all you nay sayers the F U ! Cool Cool #GoWings

NAY, I SAY!!!
(But for your ever so loyal sake, I will congratulate you and all the others that want this soooooooo bad for your steadfastness if she ever actually does.)
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/17 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I hope cambage comes over next season starts signs an extended contract plays the next 5 years in the W wins MVP along with 3 WNBA titles in 5 years and shuts all you nay sayers the F U ! Cool Cool #GoWings

NAY, I SAY!!!
(But for your ever so loyal sake, I will congratulate you and all the others that want this soooooooo bad for your steadfastness if she ever actually does.)

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/17/17 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would be happy for Dallas, or almost any team to get good enough to knock off the Lynx or Sparks, so I hope Cambage does come back next year.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/17/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I would be happy for Dallas, or almost any team to get good enough to knock off the Lynx or Sparks, so I hope Cambage does come back next year.

Don't worry about the Lynx. Father time is holding all the cards and he is about to cash in. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/17/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Taurasi taking a day off when they play the Lynx if Brunson, Fowles and Moore would take a day off when they play us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36

Jump to: