RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 06/01/17 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The whole Cambage situation is giving off a weird vibe.You can almost feel the resentment/tension.

Makes very little sense for Cambage to be resentful. It's a whole new ownership group and coaching staff from when she played for Tulsa. Only three players remain from the 2013 team (Diggins, Johnson, Paris).

PostPosted: 06/01/17 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:
The whole Cambage situation is giving off a weird vibe.You can almost feel the resentment/tension.

Makes very little sense for Cambage to be resentful. It's a whole new ownership group and coaching staff from when she played for Tulsa. Only three players remain from the 2013 team (Diggins, Johnson, Paris).

I wasn't referring to Liz....

1.Glory Johnson ?.....Glory has complained in the very resent past about not being fully appreciated.Cambage makes one trip to dallas,and wings management rolls out the red carpet.

2.I also remember Diggins making a dismissive comment about Cambage not showing up to play for tulsa.

3.The wings organization took Cambage on a tour of dallas,did any of the wing players tag along besides Phillips ?

4.Has any wings player posted a picture,or welcomed Cambage to dallas on social media ?...Liz was standing outside the wings locker room.You would think a couple of the wing players would show Cambage some social media love.

5.There seems to be very little interaction between Cambage and the rest of the wings players.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/01/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/01/17 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

1.Glory Johnson ?.....Glory has complained in the very resent past about not being fully appreciated.Cambage makes one trip to dallas,and wings management rolls out the red carpet.

2.I also remember Diggins making a dismissive comment about Cambage not showing up to play for tulsa.

3.The wings organization took Cambage on a tour of dallas,did any of the wing players tag along besides Phillips ?

4.Has any wings player posted a picture,or welcomed Cambage to dallas on social media ?...Liz was standing outside the wings locker room.You would think a couple of the wing players would show Cambage some social media love.

5.There seems to be very little interaction between Cambage and the rest of the wings players.

How can you question if your not sure ? The picture was when she was using her phone , we didnt get too see the interaction as the players entered the locker room or afterwards . Just the snippetts of information given via articles. This is not an issue in dallas at all guys . Cambage is being welcomed with open arms by every teammate , they have there goals in sight and they know she can help contribute drastically. Its about basketball and production not personal feelings. If thats the case we have already experienced that with Glory Johnson so putting the cloud over cambage also at this time during the season is not what we need .

PostPosted: 06/01/17 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
It's almost as if the dallas wings are dividing into 3 groups:

1.Glory Johnson

2.Cambage/Phillips

3.The rest of the team.

Didnt realize the Glory situation was at this state... Confused

Glory for Erica DeSouza and go full 'rookie/young boom or bust' style with Shakhator as the PF? Question

And is it possible for Cambage to strategically play for DAL for one game this year so DAL no longer holds her rookie rights next year? Once LJ retired, I gave up on thinking of ways to bring her to SEA Twisted Evil

zune69

PostPosted: 06/01/17 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

How can you question if your not sure ?

I'm not sure,that's why I asked the question Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/01/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

How can you question if your not sure ?

I'm not sure,that's why I asked the question Wink

Sorry Zune Embarassed Im just a little shook up about this team this year and the wild personalities they have. The question you asked is very very possible but as a Die hard wings fan im trying to stay optimistic about the Cambage situation and hope that shes grown up a bit. We dont have room for another knucklehead on this squad. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hope that shes grown up a bit. We dont have room for another knucklehead on this squad. Laughing

+1

Last edited by zune69 on 06/01/17 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
It's almost as if the dallas wings are dividing into 3 groups:

1.Glory Johnson

2.Cambage/Phillips

3.The rest of the team.

That second group hasn't been getting much playing time.

Last edited by tfan on 06/01/17 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Quietstorm1124

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

How can you question if your not sure ? The picture was when she was using her phone , we didnt get too see the interaction as the players entered the locker room or afterwards . Just the snippetts of information given via articles. This is not an issue in dallas at all guys . Cambage is being welcomed with open arms by every teammate , they have there goals in sight and they know she can help contribute drastically. Its about basketball and production not personal feelings. If thats the case we have already experienced that with Glory Johnson so putting the cloud over cambage also at this time during the season is not what we need .
Are you sure about this?

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd put a stamp on both Phillips' and Cambage's asses and stuff them in the nearest mailbox. Both are simply trouble...both.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reason why I brought up the interactions,or lack thereof,between Cambage/wing players is because I went on the Twitter/instagram/Facebook accounts of Diggins,Cambage,Johnson,Powers and Christmas.There was no mention of Cambage.Not even a retweet.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's funny, Cambage wants to be a campaigner against racism and yet she's the fucking Great White Whale of Shock/Wings basketball. It's amazing how many inches of text have been wasted on a player who's played bits of two seasons in the WNBA on rosters that won a combined 14 games.

I can understand the desperation of a franchise that hasn't been good since they were in Detroit, but the pursuit of a spoiled brat with a wildly inflated opinion of herself is a little pathetic. I think I'd have told her that if she ever wanted to show up and play, that'd be great. But until then, stay home and play with your gigantic ego.

PostPosted: 06/01/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quietstorm1124 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Are you sure about this?

Well maybe not exactly with OPEN arms Laughing but she hasnt signed nor is she really a teammate as of yet unless you get technical point towards that contract but in reality shes not , so team members saying things on social media might not be as big of a deal . These are all pro's i doubt they care if another player wants to join there team or not. This team will be competitive and good either way , With cambage i see Title chances sky rocket but without her we will make the playoffs still for sure.

PostPosted: 06/01/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It's funny, Cambage wants to be a campaigner against racism and yet she's the fucking Great White Whale of Shock/Wings basketball. It's amazing how many inches of text have been wasted on a player who's played bits of two seasons in the WNBA on rosters that won a combined 14 games.

I can understand the desperation of a franchise that hasn't been good since they were in Detroit, but the pursuit of a spoiled brat with a wildly inflated opinion of herself is a little pathetic. I think I'd have told her that if she ever wanted to show up and play, that'd be great. But until then, stay home and play with your gigantic ego.

Already the leader for Post of the Month ...

PostPosted: 06/01/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !

Chicago would be crazy to make a Coates for Paris trade.A #2 pick for a 29 year old limited player coming off a injury ?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/01/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !

But Glory is perceived as a cancer. While she is very talented, she is flaky I wouldn't build a team around her. I think the Wings would gladly trade Coates for GloJo. Addition by subtraction. Let her be someone else's problem.

miller40

PostPosted: 06/01/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
I'd put a stamp on both Phillips' and Cambage's asses and stuff them in the nearest mailbox. Both are simply trouble...both.

What was the issue with Phillips?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/01/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

But Glory is perceived as a cancer. While she is very talented, she is flaky I wouldn't build a team around her. I think the Wings would gladly trade Coates for GloJo. Addition by subtraction. Let her be someone else's problem.

What makes you so sure of this ? Laughing This trade was in the works before the season started and fell apart due to certain parties not wanting to include draft picks. So why would the equation be any different midway through the season with Glory Posting 9.2 PPG and 8.8 Rebs and Coates Not even playing a single game yet ?

PostPosted: 06/01/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Already the leader for Post of the Month ...

Great White Whale Laughing

PostPosted: 06/01/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The reason why I brought up the interactions,or lack thereof,between Cambage/wing players is because I went on the Twitter/instagram/Facebook accounts of Diggins,Cambage,Johnson,Powers and Christmas.There was no mention of Cambage.Not even a retweet.

Diggins-Smith did like a video Cambage posted, they also follow each other on IG.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 06/01/17 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Like I said, lockerroom morale...
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/01/17 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Like I said, lockerroom morale...

What effect could she have on the morale if only 3 current players played with her previously and 1 of them being out for about 2 months ? I think the drama is being over analyzed . Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 27 of 36

Jump to: