View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/08/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chong is in! She made the team. Bias waived. Go Fab 5! Very Happy

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 05/08/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Wings waive Tiffany Bias and Jordan Hooper

Yaaassss. The 2 people I wanted gone are outta there! I feel terrible for being satisfied about someone losing their job, but man were they both a waste of roster space.

I'm assuming that the last space is reserved for either Lewis or Thorton. I was initially rooting for Thorton, but looking at our roster, we're kind of small, so they might keep Lewis because of her size.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 05/08/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

Not the bias part. She was a mess saturday night tbh. Cant judge chong bcuz she was not there but her pedigree speaks louder.

Can't judge Bias by one game either. What pedigree does Chong have?

Judging bias off a half a season and a few pre season games. Our team pooked abissmal with biased running the point last game . albeit 5 assists she had 3 turnovers in which should have been about 9 with the loose balls and weird passes she through. She didnt do herself any favors is all im saying. And the pedigree of Sue bird , moriah Jefferson , renee montgomery to name a few and im not even a uconn fan Rolling Eyes

Not quite sure what you mean.

He means that she is from UConn. They have a pretty good track record of developing players and getting them ready for the WNBA. And I'm not a UConn fan either. Are you intentionally being obtuse? If you disagree with his assessment, then state it, but don't act like you have no idea what he's talking about.

So you're saying that just because she's from UConn it means she's going to be a good WNBA player? Why isn't Tierney Lawlor on a team?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/08/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

someone is just getting peevish.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/08/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would it just be too crazy to cut Akhator? Then you can keep Thorton, Plaisance and Lewis.

Diggins/Phillips/Chong
Gray/(Powers)
Christmas/Davis
Johnson/Plaisance/Thornton
Paris/Lewis

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're not cutting the #3 overall pick.

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It occurs to me that like Stokes one advantage Chong had is being a successful sub. In college she had to learn to be effective plying limited, sporadic minutes. Most WNBA rooks are stars and never had to play well coming off the bench. Maybe not a big deal but a small advantage.

Last edited by Randy on 05/08/17 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Would it just be too crazy to cut Akhator? Then you can keep Thorton, Plaisance and Lewis.

Yes.... too crazy. They made Shaqhator #3 for a reason.... months of research from the penthouse. Can't be fooled by a player who is hitting a few shots in camp. Thornton will still be available down the line if Shaq doesn't work out.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zvyn3

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Diggins/Phillips/Chong
Gray/(Powers)
Christmas/Davis
Johnson/Plaisance/Thornton
Paris/Lewis

0% chance of that happening.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Would it just be too crazy to cut Akhator?

Hey, you in the basement, pipe down!

PostPosted: 05/08/17 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Chong definitely is? The team is down to 12?

I still see 14 on their roster page.
Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Do you see any other guards that are still in contention?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/08/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I've never followed the Wings closely enough to know who's still in contention. What's your opinion?

If Chong is in, I now think you were right that she somehow had been informed that her position was secure before she skipped the last exhibition game.
Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/17 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I've never followed the Wings closely enough to know who's still in contention. What's your opinion?

If Chong is in, I now think you were right that she somehow had been informed that her position was secure before she skipped the last exhibition game.

You need to read the thread more. Lots of information. It was pretty clear it was Bias vs Chong for the last guard spot. Bias was cut.

Hamblin is on full season suspension. That brings the active roster down to 13. That brings it down to Thornton vs Plaisance vs Lewis for the last post spot. One of those is likely out unless something unexpected happens.

I'm not sure if they can temp suspend Powers because she's not ready to go yet. If they do that, then they have nobody left to cut. If they do cut somebody, my guess is Thornton.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/17 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas Wings waive vets Tiffany Bias, Jordan Hooper; what this means for Wings' roster

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/05/08/dallas-wings-waive-vets-tiffany-bias-jordan-hooper-means-wings-roster

Quote:
The move brings the Wings to 13 players on the training camp roster. Dallas will need to cut one more player to get down to the 12-player limit for the regular season, which must be done by May 12.

Quote:
The move signals that the Wings are fully embracing their youth movement. It gives Dallas the option to keep all five of its draft picks from April's draft, including second-round pick Breanna Lewis and third-round pick Saniya Chong.

Not that informative of an article

toad455

PostPosted: 05/09/17 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final cut should be Thornton. If not, possibly Plaisance.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Final cut should be Thornton. If not, possibly Plaisance.

Probably thornton , but you never know. Ching Chong Bias is gone so anything is possible.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Send plaisance packing! The notion that she is a post is laughable since I don't recall ever seeing her actually attempt to post up. I have seen her repeatedly come off a high screen to shoot a 3 that bounces off the front of the rim. Practice session reveals no change in her method. Plus you keep Thornton as Glory has a Hx of injuries and head-case moments. Thornton can slide in to her role as they are very similar. Plaisance OTH can easily slide into a role at the DMV in zootopia.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Send plaisance packing! The notion that she is a post is laughable since I don't recall ever seeing her actually attempt to post up. I have seen her repeatedly come off a high screen to shoot a 3 that bounces off the front of the rim. Practice session reveals no change in her method. Plus you keep Thornton as Glory has a Hx of injuries and head-case moments. Thornton can slide in to her role as they are very similar. Plaisance OTH can easily slide into a role at the DMV in zootopia.

Thornton is more similar to Christmas-Kelly Than Glory . But appearance wise they could pass for sisters . Glory & Thornton That is , Thornton plays hard and has a nice set shot from the 3 but she does not move the ball well and makes some tough decisions going 1 on 1 alot and not finishing at the rim. Plassaince is the same ole same ole so both should go and pick up someone off waivers.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

Not the bias part. She was a mess saturday night tbh. Cant judge chong bcuz she was not there but her pedigree speaks louder.

Can't judge Bias by one game either. What pedigree does Chong have?

Judging bias off a half a season and a few pre season games. Our team pooked abissmal with biased running the point last game . albeit 5 assists she had 3 turnovers in which should have been about 9 with the loose balls and weird passes she through. She didnt do herself any favors is all im saying. And the pedigree of Sue bird , moriah Jefferson , renee montgomery to name a few and im not even a uconn fan Rolling Eyes

Not quite sure what you mean.

He means that she is from UConn. They have a pretty good track record of developing players and getting them ready for the WNBA. And I'm not a UConn fan either. Are you intentionally being obtuse? If you disagree with his assessment, then state it, but don't act like you have no idea what he's talking about.

So you're saying that just because she's from UConn it means she's going to be a good WNBA player? Why isn't Tierney Lawlor on a team?

That's not even close to what I wrote. I simply stated what WNBA 09 was clearly implying that you seemed to be intentionally not understanding. I even added "If you disagree with his assessment, then state it, but don't act like you have no idea what he's talking about." I never said spoke to the point of whether or not Chong's UConn pedigree made her a better option for the backup PG slot. Having seen neither preseason game (nor the Wings' practices), I am ill-informed to make that assessment.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's face it. If she wasn't from UConn, (1) no one would think that a third round pick who finally got off the bench as a senior in college primarily because there was no useful alternative available should make the team, and (2) no one would give a rat's ass.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Let's face it. If she wasn't from UConn, (1) no one would think that a third round pick who finally got off the bench as a senior in college primarily because there was no useful alternative available should make the team, and (2) no one would give a rat's ass.

+1 , that pedigree iwas referring too

PostPosted: 05/09/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/09/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Prince in Phoenix is still in the mix as well for a third rounder to make a roster.

- Amanda Gorman
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/09/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Well Prince in Phoenix is still in the mix as well for a third rounder to make a roster.

That's who I voted for! (3rd rounder making the roster)

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 20 of 36

Jump to: