Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Chong > Bias

I hope your right tbh. Chong < Bias , But with the extension given and with chong missing the opportunity to showcase her talents one last time last night could end up hurting her. I hope not but its Fred & Bibb ive learned to expect anything.

PostPosted: 05/07/17 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Letting Chong go to her graduation could be a sign that her spot is secure, as was the case for Secret Weapon when she went to the Duke commencement in 2014. It would be easier to cut them and not have them come back.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/07/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Letting Chong go to her graduation could be a sign that her spot is secure.

Or it could be a sign of the opposite.

It's highly risky for any job applicant to skip a key interview -- like a preseason game -- especially when it's a job she's been dreaming about and competing for her whole life. If she's rational, such an applicant should only skip such a thing if she's sure she has the job or sure she doesn't.

Somehow I doubt that the Wings would have assured Chong that she already had made the final cuts, but I suppose anything's possible.

More noncommittally, she could have been told that missing the game and attending graduation wouldn't affect her roster chances either way. My life experience counsels not to believe such statement when there's vigorous, close competition for a job, and I would interpret any such statement by an employer as portending a negative outcome for my job chances.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Shades wrote:

It's highly risky for any job applicant to skip a key interview -- like a preseason game -- especially when it's a job she's been dreaming about and competing for her whole life. If she's rational, such an applicant should only skip such a thing if she's sure she has the job or sure she doesn't.

Somehow I doubt that the Wings would have assured Chong that she already had made the final cuts, but I suppose anything's possible.

More noncommittally, she could have been told that missing the game and attending graduation wouldn't affect her roster chances either way. My life experience counsels not to believe such statement when there's vigorous, close competition for a job, and I would interpret any such statement by an employer as portending a negative outcome for my job chances.

+1

PostPosted: 05/07/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They've seen her plenty over the past two weeks and in the other game. Doubt one more game is going to make or break her career. Had she played Bias might have played fewer minutes and not had enough time to go 1-7 and make 3 turnovers (albeit with 5 assists).

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/08/17 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Shades wrote:

More simply, "maybe not." Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Id hope chong sticks , im just not sold on bias . Watching the game Saturday night i was suprised she ended up with 5 assists and only 3 turnovers . From the eye test one would have thought the opposite . Skylar seems invested on mentoring her and stepping into conversations between her and Fred so it seems up in the air as to if she were to get cut. I wouldn't mind though

PostPosted: 05/08/17 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings waive Tiffany Bias and Jordan Hooper

animals31089

PostPosted: 05/08/17 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

kind of suprised and not since they have the draft picks now

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

animals31089 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

kind of suprised and not since they have the draft picks now

not suprised with the Bias move , but Poor hooper...awee im going to miss hearing the crowd scream "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPERR for 3 !! " Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/08/17 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1 more cut to go i believe ....

PostPosted: 05/08/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BOOYAH!

zvyn3

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol Bias got cut before Chong? yikes

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

Not the bias part. She was a mess saturday night tbh. Cant judge chong bcuz she was not there but her pedigree speaks louder.

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

Not the bias part. She was a mess saturday night tbh. Cant judge chong bcuz she was not there but her pedigree speaks louder.

The same pedigree as Ketia Swanier?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

damn i know Bias soul gotta be hurting right now, hopefully someone gives her another shot

zvyn3

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

Can't judge Bias by one game either. What pedigree does Chong have?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

Judging bias off a half a season and a few pre season games. Our team pooked abissmal with biased running the point last game . albeit 5 assists she had 3 turnovers in which should have been about 9 with the loose balls and weird passes she through. She didnt do herself any favors is all im saying. And the pedigree of Sue bird , moriah Jefferson , renee montgomery to name a few and im not even a uconn fan Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

Judging bias off a half a season and a few pre season games. Our team pooked abissmal with biased running the point last game . albeit 5 assists she had 3 turnovers in which should have been about 9 with the loose balls and weird passes she through. She didnt do herself any favors is all im saying. And the pedigree of Sue bird , moriah Jefferson , renee montgomery to name a few and im not even a uconn fan Rolling Eyes

Not quite sure what you mean.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

He means that she is from UConn. They have a pretty good track record of developing players and getting them ready for the WNBA. And I'm not a UConn fan either. Are you intentionally being obtuse? If you disagree with his assessment, then state it, but don't act like you have no idea what he's talking about.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Bad move.

He means that she is from UConn. They have a pretty good track record of developing players and getting them ready for the WNBA. And I'm not a UConn fan either. Are you intentionally being obtuse? If you disagree with his assessment, then state it, but don't act like you have no idea what he's talking about.

I sometimes wish i didnt know this secret thing existed.

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes! Lines right up with my opening day practice assessment of these 2 were. Send plaisance packing and let's get this season going.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm not the typical path of a Uconn player it seems as she barely played for 3 years and well then there was the final four game Wink

Dallas could be a hot mess or teams will take some time to scout their bad habits.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Yes! Lines right up with my opening day practice assessment of these 2 were. Send Plaisance packing and let's get this season going.

Plaisance is needed for 5 posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 19 of 36

Jump to: