RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dakota Access Pipieline
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/15/16 5:12 pm    ::: Dakota Access Pipieline Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if you all are following my brothers & sisters fight for water in Standing Rock, but it's a pretty big deal. They want to lay the pipeline through scared land and our waters, so please donate if you can, post the link anywhere and give a little back of what was taken from us! Pilamaya (Thank you)

https://www.gofundme.com/2p722qk

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/16/16 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=89313

Not getting much interest here for some reason.

PostPosted: 09/16/16 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Honestly, I haven't heard much about it..and America doing really shitty things is just not news anymore. Confused

Obama halted the pipeline though, right?

PostPosted: 09/17/16 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Honestly, I haven't heard much about it..and America doing really shitty things is just not news anymore. Confused

My understanding is that the stays are only temporary. PBS has been covering this story in an ongoing series. Seems the pipeline was slated to be constructed just north of Bismarck, when (white) folks said, "No, NO! That's too close to a city!", etc. So it was moved well south of Bismarck. And not on Indian lands but near enough that, if there should be a breach, it would irreparably damage their water supply.

Corp Head says, "Rupture? It'll never happen!" Hmmm....Okay, then whey did Bismarck protest?? And why did you acquiesce to them by moving it?

"Native Americans Get Screwed": Take 49

I was impressed to see representatives from over 100 indigenous tribes come together to unite. Maybe we'll see the rise of "Red Lives Matter".

PostPosted: 09/17/16 3:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

My understanding is that the stays are only temporary. PBS has been covering this story in an ongoing series. Seems the pipeline was slated to be constructed just north of Bismarck, when (white) folks said, "No, NO! That's too close to a city!", etc. So it was moved well south of Bismarck. And not on Indian lands but near enough that, if there should be a breach, it would irreparably damage their water supply.

Corp Head says, "Rupture? It'll never happen!" Hmmm....Okay, then whey did Bismarck protest?? And why did you acquiesce to them by moving it?

"Native Americans Get Screwed": Take 49

I was impressed to see representatives from over 100 indigenous tribes come together to unite. Maybe we'll see the rise of "Red Lives Matter".

Thanks guys for showing interest! Much appreciated. Yup only temp, and we all know that rich greedy corporations seem to win in the end. It is impressive, and humbling to have so many tribes gathering together for one purpose.

PostPosted: 09/18/16 3:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Native Hawaiians from the Big Island have flown to the mainland to show support at Standing Rock. They prefer the term "protectors" instead of "protesters". Rock on!

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/18/16 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Native Hawaiians from the Big Island have flown to the mainland to show support at Standing Rock. They prefer the term "protectors" instead of "protesters". Rock on!

It's inspiring to see all the Nations coming together!

PostPosted: 09/19/16 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can always count on Neil Young

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CM-NkM-dIDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/19/16 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the arrival of the Hopi 280 tribes have come together joining with my people at Standing Rock, #SacredStoneCamp it's unprecedented. I'm proud of Mitakuye Oyasin (All my relations)[/url]

PostPosted: 09/20/16 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will The Lakota Tribe's Black Snake Prophecy Come True?

http://www.thomhartmann.com/bigpicture/will-lakota-tribes-black-snake-prophecy-come-true

PostPosted: 09/20/16 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for the updates about this, Force10.

PostPosted: 09/20/16 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Thank you for the updates about this, Force10.

Your welcome norwester.

PostPosted: 09/21/16 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I'm intensely interested in the Native alliances and protests, I'm also interested in the global implications.

Recently there have been tribal conflicts in Washington State, where the Lummi Tribe won an injunction against a coal terminal on the coast due to its infringement on their treaty fishing rights, though coal mine of origin was developed by the Crow Nation in Eastern Montana.

I found this article to be an interesting summation of actions around the country, particularly those that impact tribes. Though it doesn't really cover why the land in the Dakotas is so important to those tribes, despite its title.
The big fight over the Dakota Access Pipeline, explained

Also there are other pipelines.
As Dakota Access Protests Escalated, Obama Admin OKd Same Company for Two Pipelines to Mexico
Quote:
Within a two-week span in May 2016, as the Sacred Stone Camp was getting off the ground as the center of protests, the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) issued presidential permits for the Trans-Pecos and Comanche Trail Pipelines. Together, the pipelines will take natural gas obtained from fracking in Texas Permian Basin and ship it in different directions across the U.S.-Mexico border, with both starting at the Waha Oil Field.

I'll probably post more stuff if I come across it. I know the Comanche are supporting the Standing Rock Sioux, so I wonder whether they'll turn that attention to the pipeline in their own backyard.

PostPosted: 09/21/16 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's another couple articles that center more on the context of pipelines in general (i.e. America's aging infrastructure), and the effects of this one in Iowa.

Iowan groups fight the Bakken Pipeline

Some mistatements about the Bakken Pipeline going to the Gulf of Mexico, but perhaps that's just referring to helping ship oil there; still, overall a pretty good summation of the issue in another part of the country, a lot of it swirling around how eminent domain was applied for a private company.
Quote:
Many landowners across the state report unethical behavior by agents of the company, including Hughie Tweedy, of Montrose, Iowa, who has recorded evidence of a land agent offering him the services of an 18-year-old prostitute for his land.

If an old junkyard dog like me was offered the sexual services of little girls to get my hackles down, I wonder what was offered to the power brokers of this state to gain their support for silence, Tweedy said in a press conference.

Quote:
Despite these allegations and opposition throughout the state by farmers, citizens and Native American tribes, whose historic and cultural sites are in the path of the pipeline, the project has been supported by Iowan government officials, including Gov. Terry Branstad and other key officials of both Democrats and Republicans, raising serious questions about
corporate interests in the world of politics.

Personally, I'm alarmed at the number of oil and natural gas pipelines out there.

I've worked with Underground Storage Tanks, and it's not a matter
of if a tank will every leak but when. It's easy to cite its underground nature as protection from the elements, but corrosion and other things occur underground.

Meanwhile, we can't/don't maintain infrastructure in this country. Pipelines are included in that. And the government has to keep regulating to try to get "industry" to address a lot of this, which is a very inefficient way to go about this.
America's Aging Pipelines

This CNN report illustrates some of these concerns.

Also, I found this article to be a really useful reference as far as where pipelines are currently, etc. There are some nice figures/maps for reference.
Dakota Access Pipeline: What's at stake?

PostPosted: 09/23/16 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the links norwester! Are you on Twitter? If so my handle is @Force10Rulz

PostPosted: 09/25/16 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be nice if for once if White people, who are on our land anyway, would be on our side.

https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entry/land-owner-sells-land-used-nodapl-protests-pipeline-company-just-wanted/

PostPosted: 09/28/16 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s Time for Every Ally to Show Up in the Fight Against the Dakota Access Pipeline

https://www.thenation.com/article/its-time-for-every-ally-to-show-up-in-the-fight-against-the-dakota-access-pipeline/

PostPosted: 09/30/16 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Help support our movement to stop the DAPL, you can join and action if there is one in your neighborhood, there are also 3 different ways to support the camp directly, the legal defense fund for those arrested, for camp supplies and they have a wish list via Amazon. Pilamaya!

https://nodaplsolidarity.org/

PostPosted: 10/06/16 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Warriors recently shut down 5 more dapl work sites.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actress Shailene Woodley was arrested at the peaceful protest, goes to court October 24.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amy Goodman going back to deal with arrest charge.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/democracy-now-reporter-to-return-to-state-to-face-charges/article_644cb3c1-ae67-552a-bed8-9c6e171f3565.html

A journalist facing criminal charges after reporting on a clash between private security and protesters at a Dakota Access Pipeline protest will return to North Dakota within the next week to face the accusations, said Tom Dickson, the Bismarck-based attorney representing Amy Goodman, of Democracy Now.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you are interested listen to this podcast to get a more accurate update on the #NoDAPL Protectors at Sacred Stone Camp on the Standing Rock rez.

http://kpppfm.com/live-shows/update-on-standing-rock-october-13-2016/

PostPosted: 10/14/16 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Amy Goodman going back to deal with arrest charge.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/democracy-now-reporter-to-return-to-state-to-face-charges/article_644cb3c1-ae67-552a-bed8-9c6e171f3565.html

A journalist facing criminal charges after reporting on a clash between private security and protesters at a Dakota Access Pipeline protest will return to North Dakota within the next week to face the accusations, said Tom Dickson, the Bismarck-based attorney representing Amy Goodman, of Democracy Now.

Pilamaya for posting this!

PostPosted: 10/26/16 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dakota Access Pipeline: Police fire on media drones, mass arrests, treaty rights declared

https://www.rt.com/usa/363949-dakota-pipeline-drones-blockade/

PostPosted: 10/27/16 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Police Brutality at Standing Rock Soars With Use of Out of State Law Enforcement
Quote:
By bringing in more law enforcement there will be more arrests, police brutality, and a much higher likelihood of dead Native People at the hands of the government. With more non-Native men also brings a higher rate of sexual violence against Native girls and women. Many of those arrested have been sexually assaulted by law enforcement through the use of unnecessary strip searches, including underage girls.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: