RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gold: USA vs Spain - 8/20/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/21/16 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
WOW. People wonder why the women don't get as much support as they should, well just read some of these posts. Whiny, unpatriotic, jealous individuals, who just rip for the sake of envy, rather than supporting the game they are supposed to love. You need therapy to deal with your envy, it is rediculous. I am with Luuc, other countries women would be ecstatic.

Real nice to name call just because people don't agree with you. It was one thing for them not to pick Parker but they completely lost my respect and support when USA basketball wanted her to lie and say it was her choice. Also they used her in advertising just a couple months earlier. Sorry that is corrupt to me. I feel like Geno picked players basked on his personal relationship with them and I also think he should have given another coach a chance. Every other coach wasn't as selfish. Guess I need to go to therapy to get over it and turn a blind eye to corruption and favoritism.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/21/16 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ace's brother was ranting on Twitter last Olympics and Ace seemed to keep the fire going rather than try to put it out. She's dramatic and she'll have to work on that. The fact that shes played pity me ever since then about it makes me glad they left out all the drama. Off that note, congrats Team USA!!!

How did she keep the fire going? She did absolutely nothing. Ever since she was left off the team, people have been making up a bunch of bullshit excuses and false accusations (like yours) to try to justify this moronic decision, and it only makes them look even dumber. On one hand, there is a coach with a long history of petty and spiteful behavior toward opposing players and coaches. Then you have a player who has never had any problems with coaches, teammates, or anyone else. Yet people want everyone to believe Candace is the problem?

And I'm not sure what this "pity me" thing is that you're talking about. What the hell do you want her to say? "Geno's right, I don't deserve to be on the Olympic team. I'm a selfish, ballhogging piece of shit who destroys every team I'm on even though I previously won two Olympic gold medals. I'm not a team player even though I'm second in the league in assists and have a higher career assists per game average than any forward or center on the Olympic team. In fact, I don't even deserve to be on a team in the WNBA, since they did so fucking well without me last season."
Then would you be happy?

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/21/16 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
caune wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
caune wrote:
Lord in heaven people, we are all Americans, can we put the shut aside and cheer for ALL our players 😕

WHERES PARKER THO
She's home nursing her attitude, you know, the reason she didn't make the team?

Geno kept her off the team out of spite. People who say her attitude is the reason she didn't make the team are so full of shit it's ridiculous, and clearly know nothing about her. If attitude was the reason then half the damn team wouldn't be there. Candace has never been suspended by her team for violating team rules. Never had a DUI. Never punched a player in the face. Never been arrested for domestic violence. Never led the league in technicals. Never refused to play for her team and forced a trade. So tell me, what makes her so much more evil than everyone else?

Did I say it was a bad attitude? There are all sorts of traits that need to be balanced on a team. Geno had a choice between Catch and Parker. Who's going to happily hold down the end of the bench? Catch get's the vote.
You all should be very happy she was left off the team, it's made a huge difference in her game this season. Might even lead her to a Championship :O

Yeah, you did. "She's home nursing her attitude, you know, the reason she didn't make the team?" How else is that supposed to be interpreted? And he did not have a choice between Catch and Parker. There are lots of other players that could have been left off in place of her. And why should she be holding down the end of the bench? Funny that the two Tennessee players are the only options for that spot.

dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With those reactions after the US wins the Gold medal while playing beautiful basketball, one got to wonder what would have happened if the US would have lost Smile
Some people think that talent is all and anyone could coach this team to Gold. Look at all star games and see what this team would have looked like with such limited time of training and a coach who would not hold them all to a team concept. The US men team while clearly the most talented had challenges in the past due to too much individual play instead of team basketball (see 2004 Olympics).

Last edited by dtbtbtb on 08/21/16 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
mmaniac

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's really sad to read this thread after watching Team USA totally dominate their competition and it boils down to my favorite player wasn't on the team, so I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue.

Grow up! Politics are involved in every aspect of life. Whether it's USA basketball or anything else. Enjoy the achievement because it may not last.

I throughly enjoyed watching this team play and can't wait for the new look team at Worlds in 2018.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pfffft.

66 is the new 56.

4 more years!

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
Ace's brother was ranting on Twitter last Olympics and Ace seemed to keep the fire going rather than try to put it out. She's dramatic and she'll have to work on that. The fact that shes played pity me ever since then about it makes me glad they left out all the drama. Off that note, congrats Team USA!!!

How did she keep the fire going? She did absolutely nothing. Ever since she was left off the team, people have been making up a bunch of bullshit excuses and false accusations (like yours) to try to justify this moronic decision, and it only makes them look even dumber. On one hand, there is a coach with a long history of petty and spiteful behavior toward opposing players and coaches. Then you have a player who has never had any problems with coaches, teammates, or anyone else. Yet people want everyone to believe Candace is the problem?

And I'm not sure what this "pity me" thing is that you're talking about. What the hell do you want her to say? "Geno's right, I don't deserve to be on the Olympic team. I'm a selfish, ballhogging piece of shit who destroys every team I'm on even though I previously won two Olympic gold medals. I'm not a team player even though I'm second in the league in assists and have a higher career assists per game average than any forward or center on the Olympic team. In fact, I don't even deserve to be on a team in the WNBA, since they did so fucking well without me last season."
Then would you be happy?

Kindly list some of this long history, please. Thanks.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty sure I saw a quote (last Spring?) from Geno that this was his last Olympics. Why would that change?

- Amanda Gorman
jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmaniac wrote:
It's really sad to read this thread after watching Team USA totally dominate their competition and it boils down to my favorite player wasn't on the team, so I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue.

Grow up! Politics are involved in every aspect of life. Whether it's USA basketball or anything else. Enjoy the achievement because it may not last.

I throughly enjoyed watching this team play and can't wait for the new look team at Worlds in 2018.

And yet you are the one attacking other posters just because they don't agree with you. Maybe you are the one that should grow up.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Pretty sure I saw a quote (last Spring?) from Geno that this was his last Olympics. Why would that change?

Because he loves the power and is to selfish to give someone else the opportunity.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Go with Mulkey!

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Then would you be happy?

Aren't you a Uconn fan? If so you should know very well that he has had multiple issues with players on other teams. Some that I know of. Syracuse tripping incident. Cappie incident. Was rude about TN players in the media. He has even been pretty horrible to some players that transfered from uconn.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/21/16 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

He said the same thing in 2012. Just one of his many lies.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/21/16 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Then would you be happy?

Aren't you a Uconn fan? If so you should know very well that he has had multiple issues with players on other teams. Some that I know of. Syracuse tripping incident. Cappie incident. Was rude about TN players in the media. He has even been pretty horrible to some players that transfered from uconn.

That's it? Of the 2 specific incidents you list, in one a player tripped Geno in the post-game line, while in the other, the erroneously-name "Cappie" incident, the blame can be laid at the feet (or mouth, specifically) of the royal c Matee Ajavon.

And CViv's ignorant and asinine reaction to the whole thing shouldn't be forgotten, either.

Long lost indeed.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Then would you be happy?

That's it? Of the 2 specific incidents you list, in one a player tripped Geno in the post-game line, while in the other, the erroneously-name "Cappie" incident, the blame can be laid at the feet (or mouth, specifically) of the royal c Matee Ajavon.

And CViv's ignorant and asinine reaction to the whole thing shouldn't be forgotten, either.

Long lost indeed.

I shared 4 things that I could remember off the top of my head. I wasn't even the poster who brought it up. 1. Syracuse 2. Cappie. 3. Before my time but he was really rude about a TN player. Would have to research to find out what he said. 4. Very rude about several of his players that transfered. When a player leaves instead of being classy he likes to insult them. One player he insulted before they even left at a parade. Was talking about how lazy the player was to the rest of the team and didn't realize his mic was on. I believe the player left later that season. 5. Poster mentioned coaches as well and he has fueded with Muffet, Stringer and Coach Summitt. I'm sure there are more. 6. Sexual harassment case against him in 2012 that was thrown out on the grounds of lack of jurisdiction. Again you as a uconn fan should know all of this better than I do.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/21/16 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmaniac wrote:

Most fans would LOVE a 'new look'. Your statements reflect a newbie mentality, darlin'....this isn't about "favorite players", as much as it is about getting past the "Club Mentality". What other USA team has/has had this going on? Can you just imagine the outcry if 4 of 5 starters for Coach K's Olympic team were Duke alumni? Why is this favoritism tolerated? Because of apathy....most people don't give a shit about our sport.

I wonder what the tune would be like if, next Worlds or Olympics, Kim Mulkey started Griner, Sims, Fowles, EDD, and Diggins. Whalen, Bonner, Nneka, Chiney, and McCoughtry are the reserves. This team could kick any all-UConn team's ass on their way to gold.

All this IS a by-product of having, as we all know, this "Embarrassment of Talent" in our country/system. It really would be nice to see some new faces, though, because NOT all World-Class talent hails from Geno-ville.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
Demarcus Cousins is widely known for having the worst attitude in the NBA. He's on the Olympic team. So is Draymond Green. I don't hear anyone having a problem with that.

For goodness sake, the Olympics are over, the team won the Gold and that is that. She didn't make the team so it is time to move on.

I'm not going to move on. Just because the Olympics are over and the team won gold doesn't mean it was right. She belonged on the team and Geno kept her off, plain and simple.

So let me ask you a plain and simple question. What do you expect to accomplish by not moving on. She cannot be added to the team. None of us know the reason she was left off and nothing anyone can say will change that. It is a waste of time and energy to continue, it is like beating a dead horse. Once it is dead there is no use in continuing to talk about it because the horse is not coming back to life. The Olympics are over, they won't be redone and all the complaining some pople are doing about her not being on the team just might hinder her chances of ever being named to an upcoming Olympic Team.

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/21/16 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys, tone down the rhetoric a little bit and try not to insult each other.

(now with spelling variations)
zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/21/16 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
Demarcus Cousins is widely known for having the worst attitude in the NBA. He's on the Olympic team. So is Draymond Green. I don't hear anyone having a problem with that.

For goodness sake, the Olympics are over, the team won the Gold and that is that. She didn't make the team so it is time to move on.

I'm not going to move on. Just because the Olympics are over and the team won gold doesn't mean it was right. She belonged on the team and Geno kept her off, plain and simple.

So let me ask you a plain and simple question. What do you expect to accomplish by not moving on. She cannot be added to the team. None of us know the reason she was left off and nothing anyone can say will change that. It is a waste of time and energy to continue, it is like beating a dead horse. Once it is dead there is no use in continuing to talk about it because the horse is not coming back to life. The Olympics are over, they won't be redone and all the complaining some pople are doing about her not being on the team just might hinder her chances of ever being named to an upcoming Olympic Team.

I'm simply speaking on what I believe. How is complaining about it going to hinder her chances of being named to an upcoming Olympic team? People will complain even more. If Geno cared about people complaining, he'd put her on the team.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/21/16 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear USA,
We whole-heartedly support the calls to leave UConn players off your national team.
Sincerely,
Every other country in the world.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mmaniac wrote:

Most fans would LOVE a 'new look'. Your statements reflect a newbie mentality, darlin'....this isn't about "favorite players", as much as it is about getting past the "Club Mentality". What other USA team has/has had this going on? Can you just imagine the outcry if 4 of 5 starters for Coach K's Olympic team were Duke alumni? Why is this favoritism tolerated?

I think it's a lot easier to tolerate when you look at the dominance of UConn women's basketball and the accomplishments of their players in the WNBA. As successful as Duke has been, men's basketball just has a wider dispersal of talent...much of it of the "one and done" variety. By the time they're finished playing, you could make legit arguments that Taurasi, MM and Tina are the best 2 spot, 3 spot and 4 spot players of all time. I'm not saying that's going to be the case. I'm just saying that by the time those 3 players are done playing, you could make rational arguments along those lines.

And when you're winning by 30, 40, 50 or 60 every game well..

And I do think Parker deserved a spot on the team. But I also think taking two veteran point guards was wise. Perhaps that leaves Stewie as the odd player out. Sometimes young blood on an Olympic team is wise too though, for future experience.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The phenomenon of college allegiances/rivalries completely screwing with some fans' rationality is something I've never been able to get my head around, despite following WBB here and elsewhere for a long time now. There's nothing remotely equivalent here down under to compare it to.

I don't get how anyone can on the one hand be critical of a program for hogging all the best young talent and for being so dominant as to make the NCAA "boring", yet then turn around and whine about those talented, dominant players being included in the national team. Does not compute.

The rest of the world is marvelling at some of the best quality women's basketball that has ever been seen, just so you all know.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Then would you be happy?

Long lost indeed.

I shared 4 things that I could remember off the top of my head. I wasn't even the poster who brought it up. 1. Syracuse 2. Cappie. 3. Before my time but he was really rude about a TN player. Would have to research to find out what he said. 4. Very rude about several of his players that transfered. When a player leaves instead of being classy he likes to insult them. One player he insulted before they even left at a parade. Was talking about how lazy the player was to the rest of the team and didn't realize his mic was on. I believe the player left later that season. 5. Poster mentioned coaches as well and he has fueded with Muffet, Stringer and Coach Summitt. I'm sure there are more. 6. Sexual harassment case against him in 2012 that was thrown out on the grounds of lack of jurisdiction. Again you as a uconn fan should know all of this better than I do.

You're certainly correct. I tried to enlighten you re: your first 2 examples.

Geno praises/criticizes both players and ex-players. This is a big deal for you?

Re Tenn, Pat's unsubstantiated hissy fit re Maya may be explained by her illness. That Geno held a grudge after that false accusation is understandable, imo.

Geno's no saint and he's got a healthy ego. Criminal.

PostPosted: 08/21/16 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I particularly remember him trashing Samarie Walker after she left.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/21/16 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
I particularly remember him trashing Samarie Walker after she left.

I remember him commenting on Liz Sherwoods initiative but it was mild compared to PMacs diatribes.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: