RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"America's Bad A**"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/09/16 7:33 am    ::: "America's Bad A**" Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-ius-lilly-king-talks-big-wins-gold-and-emerges-as-americas-bad

Quote:
Did you see King’s face in the ready room? That was the face of America’s Bad***. She stood behind Efimova and gave her a dead-eyed stare, looking right through the back of her head. Then she smiled the self-satisfied smile of a young woman who knew the result before it ever started. She loosened up, stared Efimova down again, than smiled some more, a wry smile, almost smug, finally emerging from that ready room with both hands held high in the air as the crowd cheered wildly.

Efimova, a convicted user of performance-enhancing drugs? She was booed. Booed loudly, viciously, lustily.

It was a Rocky movie in Speedos.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/09/16 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're want more info on the Efimova and FINA mess read this. Good article.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/09/olympic-swimming-yulia-efimova-fina-fallout

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/09/16 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And at least King is consistent. She says it should be hard and fast, if you get caught doping, you're done, and when asked, she included that Justin Gatlin and Tyson Gay shouldn't be running for the US either.

Certainly better than Dana Vollmer's whiny "I don't know what should be done" (and wish you hadn't asked ME about it) response.

Phelps was firm in his defense of and agreement with King.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 08/09/16 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The stuff that the Russian tested positive for this year...isn't that the same stuff that just bought Maria Sharapova a two year suspension?
norwester

PostPosted: 08/09/16 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
The stuff that the Russian tested positive for this year...isn't that the same stuff that just bought Maria Sharapova a two year suspension?

Yes.

PostPosted: 08/09/16 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
And at least King is consistent. She says it should be hard and fast, if you get caught doping, you're done, and when asked, she included that Justin Gatlin and Tyson Gay shouldn't be running for the US either.

Certainly better than Dana Vollmer's whiny "I don't know what should be done" (and wish you hadn't asked ME about it) response.

It's really hard to have a hard and fast rule like this. There are so many 'depends' involved. They are continually changing what is/isn't legal and if someone takes a cough medicine that turns out to have some illegal ingredient, I don't think it should be treated the same as someone testing positive for one of the real bad boy steroids.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/09/16 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

It's really hard to have a hard and fast rule like this. There are so many 'depends' involved. They are continually changing what is/isn't legal and if someone takes a cough medicine that turns out to have some illegal ingredient, I don't think it should be treated the same as someone testing positive for one of the real bad boy steroids.

They have a right to challenge it at the time. Considering how these federations bend over backwards not to punish athletes, when someone has actually been suspended there's not much room for sympathy or reason for flexibility.

Gatling has been suspended twice. Once for amphetamines, the second for four years for steroids. He's unrepentant. He's an embarrassment to the US Olympic team.

Gay has flunked at least three tests, was suspended for a year, and returned a silver medal won at the London Olympics. So why is he back competing?

I have no problem with a lifetime ban, especially for the Olympics. If Nike wants to let them run at their events, that's their business. I don't care.

And it's kind of hard to criticize the Russians and Chinese for including their cheats on their teams when we are as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: