RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gymnastics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/06/16 1:01 pm    ::: Gymnastics Reply Reply with quote

I have Ditectv and I have looked at the gymnastics on line and have seen different times and days for the events. I need the EST for Ohio. Can anyone provide me with the proper channel and times for all of the women's gymnastics.

Thank you!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/06/16 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone see the French athlete break his leg?

Reminds me of the Japanese man that stuck his landing off of the rings with a broken leg. Was that 1976?

Consider this your warning. This isn't pretty.

http://www.thesportbible.com/other/reactions-news-watch-french-gymnast-breaks-leg-at-rio-olympics-in-horrifying-footage-20160806

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/06/16 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Reminds me of the Japanese man that stuck his landing off of the rings with a broken leg. Was that 1976?

http://www.thesportbible.com/other/reactions-news-watch-french-gymnast-breaks-leg-at-rio-olympics-in-horrifying-footage-20160806

That was ugly

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/06/16 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/06/16 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The title of this thread is gymnastics and not 1 post is an answer to my question re gymnastics. Did no one read the title of the thread?

Still waiting for a response that relates to gymnastics.

Correction-some were related but none answered the question,

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/06/16 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/gymnastics?day=1

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/06/16 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

And then they dropped the stretcher while putting him into the ambulance.

Quote:
His ordeal took another bad turn follow minutes later when he was removed from the auditorium to be rushed to a Rio hospital, where he remained late Saturday. As staff moved the 26-year-old’s stretcher towards the edge of the ambulance floor, they appeared to lose control, sending it falling heavily to the floor.

Shocked

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 08/07/16 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping the US women do well in the competition. Still love Aly Raisman.
willtalk

PostPosted: 08/08/16 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprised go USA

Last edited by willtalk on 08/08/16 7:59 am; edited 4 times in total
willtalk

PostPosted: 08/08/16 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand there was a big commotion mmotion at the gymnastics pavilion. They had to forcibly remove some. Mac Daddy. He wanted to enter one of the events.. He misunderstood and thought the event pummel horse was actually " pummelling hoe's." Very Happy

Last edited by willtalk on 08/08/16 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/08/16 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:

They're gonna win team gold by a country freaking mile. In a class of their own at the moment.

I know it's been the rule for ages that only two per country can make the individual all-around final, but I feel sorry for Gabby Douglas. Finish third in qualifying, over a point clear of everyone else, and you don't get to be in the final because the two in front of you are both American as well. Harsh. I'd rather see all the best performers going at each other in the final.

PostPosted: 08/08/16 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

They're gonna win team gold by a country freaking mile. In a class of their own at the moment.

I know it's been the rule for ages that only two per country can make the individual all-around final, but I feel sorry for Gabby Douglas. Finish third in qualifying, over a point clear of everyone else, and you don't get to be in the final because the two in front of you are both American as well. Harsh. I'd rather see all the best performers going at each other in the final.

Seems like they could do something where they will take the top two from any country, plus the top five or ten from the prelims, regardless of country.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/08/16 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Harsh. I'd rather see all the best performers going at each other in the final.

So you really should be feeling sorry for Hernandez, who wasn't even given the opportunity.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/08/16 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

So you really should be feeling sorry for Hernandez, who wasn't even given the opportunity.

So she's better than the other three?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/08/16 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wish we could have had our three All-Around participants be able to move on, but Simone and Aly are fantastic and I'm excited for them to perform. Hoping Aly gets to the medal stand after the stupid tiebreaker in London.

Thrilled that we beat the next teams by pretty much 10 points in the qualifying. Hopefully we can do that again!

Also, super excited for the 41-year old vaulter from Uzbekistan make the Vault final!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/08/16 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Shades wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

So she's better than the other three?

Better than two of them probably. Hernandez finished third at nationals and second at trials. But then she pulled an abdominal muscle so they gave the third spot in the qualifiers to Raisman instead and Hernandez didn't get to try to qualify.

Raisman made the most of her opportunity and qualified second.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/08/16 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In regards to an injury, you're just parroting bad info. Does she look injured to you?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7DhsIaf_Li0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/08/16 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not "bad info". It's why they ignored the trials results.

Whether or not they should have is a different matter.

I didn't say it was fair. Nor did I say she was unable to compete.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/08/16 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

They? It's one person's decision. I know you're not Marta, so what's you're source of info that an injury was reason she was held back?

Here's the real reason
Quote:
But per Olympics rules, to be eligible for [the All-Around] medal, the gymnast has to be entered in all four events — floor exercise, balance beam, uneven bars and vault. Even though Hernandez finished second in the all-around standings during Trials, Karolyi was not impressed with her uneven bar performance and has inserted the fifth member of the team, Madison Kocian, for her only event.

“I know it’s between me and Laurie,” Raisman said, according to Yahoo Sports. “Her bar routine does score higher than mine. It just comes down to what Marta thinks.”

ArtBest23 wrote:

Yeah, so it's not registering to you that it's not about an injury. There is no injury.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/09/16 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

They? It's one person's decision. I know you're not Marta, so what's you're source of info that an injury was reason she was held back?

Here's the real reason
Quote:
But per Olympics rules, to be eligible for [the All-Around] medal, the gymnast has to be entered in all four events — floor exercise, balance beam, uneven bars and vault. Even though Hernandez finished second in the all-around standings during Trials, Karolyi was not impressed with her uneven bar performance and has inserted the fifth member of the team, Madison Kocian, for her only event.

“I know it’s between me and Laurie,” Raisman said, according to Yahoo Sports. “Her bar routine does score higher than mine. It just comes down to what Marta thinks.”

ArtBest23 wrote:

Yeah, so it's not registering to you that it's not about an injury. There is no injury.

According to this article Art is correct. The injury prevented her from training on the uneven bars consistently.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/88378126/?client=safari

Shades

PostPosted: 08/09/16 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you would have dug a little deeper you would have found this.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-oly-rio-2016-gymnastics-notebook-laurie-hernandez-1470430985-htmlstory.html#

So who's word are you going to believe, the gymnast herself and her coach, or somebody looking for an excuse to make a controversial decision?

I'm glad Marta is retiring. Hopefully in the future it'll mean whoever earns the right to compete gets to compete.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/09/16 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If you would have dug a little deeper you would have found this.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-oly-rio-2016-gymnastics-notebook-laurie-hernandez-1470430985-htmlstory.html#

So who's word are you going to believe, the gymnast herself and her coach, or somebody looking for an excuse to make a controversial decision?

I'm glad Marta is retiring. Hopefully in the future it'll mean whoever earns the right to compete gets to compete.

I did see that. The coach says at this time Laurie is fine. She didn't say anything about in the past which is what Marta seems to imply. Your post before blasted Arc for not having any info from Marta about the injury so I found an article that actually had quotes from Marta about the injury and now you say she is lying. Maybe she is but don't act like Art was just making it up with nothing to back it up.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/09/16 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who are you going to believe?

The team mgr trying to justify an unfair decision? Or an athlete and her coach trying to downplay an injury and claim to be fit and ready in order to try not to be replaced.

I have no idea which side was telling the truth.

But the question posed was whether Hernandez was better all round than Raisman and Douglas, and the answer is yes, probably.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/09/16 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which US gymnast are you?

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/17246747/are-simone-biles-aly-raisman-gabby-douglas-laurie-hernandez-madison-kocian

I got Gabby Douglas, of course

PostPosted: 08/09/16 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having said that I don't like the individual all-around qualification rules, I do enjoy the current 'everything counts' rules in the team competition. No throwing away your lowest score or anything like that - just pick your gymnasts, and the scores are what you get.

Would love to see GB sneak into the medals tonight after the disappointment of the men finishing fourth last night.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: