RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Men's Basketball General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
29-29 after the first quarter. The question will be how long will the Boomers keep it close? And when are they going to rest their players?

We probably can keep it close for stretches (pending foul trouble of course), but we'd be silly not to give our important guys - mainly Bogut, but also Mills & Dellavedova - some rest.

Still hanging around for now Smile

Some soft fouls being called.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lowry is such a flopper Rolling Eyes



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delly guarding Durant Laughing 46-41 Australia



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delly up to 9 assists at half time

54-49



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Delly up to 9 assists at half time

54-49


Respect for the Boomers even if they get blown out of this game in the 2nd half. They work their asses off and Delly is again the ultimate leader for this team. He is showing everyone that he earns that new contract in the NBA.

Im pissed that im going to have to miss the 2nd half of this game. Got to work tomorrow. So need to get up in 6hours



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a good thing for the USA that they're about 3 levels above the other teams in talent, athleticism & depth, because they're pretty low down when it comes to playing smart from what I saw that half.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12914



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Delly up to 9 assists at half time

54-49


Respect for the Boomers even if they get blown out of this game in the 2nd half. They work their asses off and Delly is again the ultimate leader for this team. He is showing everyone that he earns that new contract in the NBA.

Im pissed that im going to have to miss the 2nd half of this game. Got to work tomorrow. So need to get up in 6hours


Any team that can shoot 68% can stay with anybody. The question is whether you can keep that up for an entire game.

That first half was probably pretty close to Australia's perfect game.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17692



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USA only shooting 37% and playing poor defense and the game just got tied up 58-58.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY


Last edited by toad455 on 08/10/16 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know it's 60-60, but we need to start resting some starters.
There are bigger fish to fry than trying to keep this game respectable.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17692



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this is likely going to be their toughest match-up. Maybe the Aussies can get the silver?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USA's defence is awful

Melo up to 31 points



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12914



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
this is likely going to be their toughest match-up. Maybe the Aussies can get the silver?


I haven't seen anyone else who looks better.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17692



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
USA's defence is awful


and they're still winning. I think Argentina would be there toughest possible match-up. Group A seems tough to figure out(2-4). But Australia's a surprise, so maybe they finish 2nd, France 3rd & Serbia 4th? In Group B, the finshing order could be 1. Argentina, 2. Lithuania, 3. Croatia, 4. Brazil.

QUARTERFINALS
USA vs. Brazil
Australia vs. Croatia
Argentina vs. Serbia
Lithuania vs. France

This potential quarterfinal match-ups could set up the semis as: USA vs. Lithuania & Argentina vs. Australia.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12914



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
USA's defence is awful


and they're still winning. I think Argentina would be there toughest possible match-up. Group A seems tough to figure out(2-4). But Australia's a surprise, so maybe they finish 2nd, France 3rd & Serbia 4th? In Group B, the finshing order could be 1. Argentina, 2. Lithuania, 3. Croatia, 4. Brazil.

QUARTERFINALS
USA vs. Brazil
Australia vs. Croatia
Argentina vs. Serbia
Lithuania vs. France

This potential quarterfinal match-ups could set up the semis as: USA vs. Lithuania & Argentina vs. Australia.


Just wait until the maneuvering, tanking, point differential gaming, and other nonsense starts to keep from having to play the US before a medal is assured. Everyone will do their best to avoid playing the US in the Quarters.




Last edited by ArtBest23 on 08/10/16 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O-boards always the killer with USA Men.


toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
USA's defence is awful


and they're still winning.

Laughing No kidding



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final score 98-88



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17692



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the key in Group B is to avoid finishing in 2nd to avoid a possible match-up with the USA in the semis.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18838



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/16 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
the key in Group B is to avoid finishing in 2nd to avoid a possible match-up with the USA in the semis.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone tanks to achieve that, the way Australia did 2 years ago.
We got investigated by FIBA for doing it, but their system makes it the wise thing to do.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 899



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/16 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
O-boards always the killer with USA Men.


toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
USA's defence is awful


and they're still winning.

:lol: No kidding


In real life, Hoosiers usually ends differently.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/17/16 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boomers playing well against lithuania 19-11



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18375



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/17/16 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a scale from 1-10..how unpatriotic is it for me to root for Argentina? (To be honest, I wish they weren't meeting this early, but ..man..Manu is my favorite.)



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17692



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/17/16 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aussies starting to pull away. Lead 55-38 in the 3rd quarter. Lithuania can't defend Dellavedova & Mills.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1086



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/17/16 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Boomers and Opals switched sides for Rio. This Boomers team is really fun to watch and could make the gold game ... while the Opals bombed out.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17692



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/17/16 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
The Boomers and Opals switched sides for Rio. This Boomers team is really fun to watch and could make the gold game ... while the Opals bombed out.


The Aussies will play either Croatia or Serbia next. Hopefully they'll have an easy time versus either team.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/17/16 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
The Boomers and Opals switched sides for Rio. This Boomers team is really fun to watch and could make the gold game ... while the Opals bombed out.


The Aussies will play either Croatia or Serbia next. Hopefully they'll have an easy time versus either team.


I doubt it. Both are very physical



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin