RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Olympics General Commentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
norwester



Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
norwester wrote:
I think one of the relevant parts of the swimming robbery controversy story is that they were on tape returning to the Olympic Village from the "French house" early in the morning...implying that USAB isn't the only organization protecting its investment with set-aside accommodations.


French House is a reception facility/club, not a housing complex.

Many of the countries host party sites like this. And the crowd is not limited to athletes. In fact it's mostly not athletes. $50 bucks or so and you too can go.

This has bupkis to do with the luxo cruise ship discussion.

Oh, and by the way, Club France is located under the grandstand in the local horse racing track. Maybe you think Sue Bird and Carmelo Anthony should be sleeping on straw in a stable?

https://www.rio2016.com/en/news/olympic-party-rio-2016-national-houses

Only if it meets your standards of how little money various organizations should be spending. I hope that the admission price pays for all that money being placed on entertainment venues! Shocked Think of the starving kids that could be fed with all the money spent on the Olympics, period.



_________________
Don't you know the plural of "anecdote" is "data"?
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4258



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great...the one time the Brazilian police look like they can spell the word "competent" much less act like it and it is because Ryan Lochte has to be the drama queen joke he usually is.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54748
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ryan Lochte is an embarrassment to the USA



_________________
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20387



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Such a totally idiotic thing to do. Well, I guess great athletic ability doesn't neccesarily mean high IQ Confused



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1192



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Such a totally idiotic thing to do. Well, I guess great athletic ability doesn't neccesarily mean high IQ Confused


Laughing Tru Dat


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14473



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ryan Lochte is an embarrassment to the USA


yes he is and somehow him & his three teammates won't be punished at all.

Lochte's 32 but calling him just a kid who got rowdy. The media seems to be ok with this but Gabby Douglas was told to fix her attitude last week.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54748
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ryan Lochte is an embarrassment to the USA


yes he is and somehow him & his three teammates won't be punished at all.

Lochte's 32 but calling him just a kid who got rowdy. The media seems to be ok with this but Gabby Douglas was told to fix her attitude last week.


The US certainly isn't going to extradite Lochte. The guys that are still in Brazil are subject to whatever legal system exists down there.



_________________
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14473



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

he's sitting home all comfortable while his 3 buddies are stuck in Brazil. I doubt he cares much. He's the perfect example of what a "tool" is.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44167



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys are acting like he committed murder. Take a deep breath.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54748
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ryan Lochte: A champion swimmer caught in a riptide of self-absorption

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/ryan-lochte-a-champion-swimmer-caught-in-a-riptide-of-self-absorption/2016/08/18/673d9bdc-6540-11e6-96c0-37533479f3f5_story.html

Quote:
The main quality Lochte has shown in all of this, apart from asininity, is obliviousness. First he tweeted about his hair, which he had dyed blue before the Games. Then on Thursday morning, even as Conger and Bentz were in a police station and authorities were mulling potential charges, he posted an idiotic video of himself. It was a distortion-lensed, cartoonish video of him babbling at his friend and fellow American swimmer Elizabeth Beisel. Lochte eventually deleted it. Which was too bad, because it was a perfect portrait of a halfwit.



_________________
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14473



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/ryan-lochte-is-everything-the-world-hates-about-americans/



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9428
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/18/16 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For now, I actually have to side with Lochte in this matter... Shocked

Basically, it would not be totally inaccurate to describe this event as being 3 swimmers being forced at gunpoint to pay an exorbitant amount of money to make restitution for minor damages by people who had badges and were brandishing guns but were not policemen.


Quote:
Mr. Veloso, the police chief, said he could not rule out that there was an extortion attempt by the guards

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/sports/olympics/police-say-ryan-lochte-lied-about-gunpoint-assault.html?_r=0



Therefore, it would be understandable for Lochte to summarize the event as an armed robbery by fake police. It would also be understandable that there are discrepancies in Lochte's story.

For example, in one video, a guard points a gun inside the cab at the swimmers. The gun is at windowsill level and pointed towards the back seat. For someone sitting in the back seat, the gun is at eye-level and within ~3 feet of their head. If someone then chooses to describe that event as a guy 'putting a gun to his forehead', it should be understandable. Matt Lauer claims Lochte changed his story from 'forehead' to 'general direction'.


Quote:
"We got pulled over in our taxi and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge. No lights, no nothing, just a police badge. They pulled us over, they pulled out their guns,"

http://www.today.com/news/ryan-lochte-defends-rio-robbery-account-matt-lauer-we-wouldn-t101973


Looking at the CCTV footage, that's basically what happened. No lights, no police uniform, just a badge and a gun. The swimmers were in the cab, about to go, and guys came out and pointed a gun inside the cab. Technically, they weren't "pulled over", because the car wasn't moving, but many people use 'stopped by police' and 'pulled over by police' interchangeably. Again, the misuse of terms should be understandable. Lochte is not on a witness stand in a courtroom. He's giving an on the fly interview with Billy Bush on the beach.


While at Carnival, I knew the fine for public urination was the equivalent of ~$150 USD. Lochte said he had ~$400 taken and that the other swimmers has all their money taken as well. So they could have had up to $1200 taken instead of paying the real police a $150 fine.

The difference in price may be due to the broken soap dispenser and mirror, but it's always possible that they were broken before and that the owner is just padding the damages.

With that, was this a robbery? I believe that one can make the case that the swimmers were extorted for money at the point of a gun, and extortion is similar to robbery. Idea



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4258



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 6:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, the US won their first medal in women's wrestling in amazing style. Helen Maroulis beat the three time defending champion from Japan to take the gold!

HistoryWomensBasketball



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1412
Location: CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ryan, ... these are the type of people I cannot stand in the Olympics.

I do not care if you come in 1st or last in the Olympics. If you are chosen to represent the United States of America. You are representing our country 24/7, not just while competing.

If you cant carry that in your heart at all times, don't go. Maybe many would rather have the medal, but I would rather have someone else that takes pride in representing the US and come in 10th than a gold and act like this.

Should you be blessed to take home medal, put your hand over your heart as well.



_________________
Author of: "Barnstorming America, Stories from the Pioneers of Women's Basketball"

www.barnstormingamerica.net
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54748
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Wow, the US won their first medal in women's wrestling in amazing style. Helen Maroulis beat the three time defending champion from Japan to take the gold!


This is the biggest upset of the games



_________________
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 941



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An interesting NYT articles about doping and the Olympics. At least 120 athletes who have previously been suspended for doping competed or are still competing in Rio.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/18/sports/olympics/athletes-at-the-rio-olympics-who-were-previously-suspended-for-doping-.html?_r=0


norwester



Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
For now, I actually have to side with Lochte in this matter... Shocked

Basically, it would not be totally inaccurate to describe this event as being 3 swimmers being forced at gunpoint to pay an exorbitant amount of money to make restitution for minor damages by people who had badges and were brandishing guns but were not policemen.


Quote:
Mr. Veloso, the police chief, said he could not rule out that there was an extortion attempt by the guards

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/sports/olympics/police-say-ryan-lochte-lied-about-gunpoint-assault.html?_r=0



Therefore, it would be understandable for Lochte to summarize the event as an armed robbery by fake police. It would also be understandable that there are discrepancies in Lochte's story.

For example, in one video, a guard points a gun inside the cab at the swimmers. The gun is at windowsill level and pointed towards the back seat. For someone sitting in the back seat, the gun is at eye-level and within ~3 feet of their head. If someone then chooses to describe that event as a guy 'putting a gun to his forehead', it should be understandable. Matt Lauer claims Lochte changed his story from 'forehead' to 'general direction'.


Quote:
"We got pulled over in our taxi and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge. No lights, no nothing, just a police badge. They pulled us over, they pulled out their guns,"

http://www.today.com/news/ryan-lochte-defends-rio-robbery-account-matt-lauer-we-wouldn-t101973


Looking at the CCTV footage, that's basically what happened. No lights, no police uniform, just a badge and a gun. The swimmers were in the cab, about to go, and guys came out and pointed a gun inside the cab. Technically, they weren't "pulled over", because the car wasn't moving, but many people use 'stopped by police' and 'pulled over by police' interchangeably. Again, the misuse of terms should be understandable. Lochte is not on a witness stand in a courtroom. He's giving an on the fly interview with Billy Bush on the beach.


While at Carnival, I knew the fine for public urination was the equivalent of ~$150 USD. Lochte said he had ~$400 taken and that the other swimmers has all their money taken as well. So they could have had up to $1200 taken instead of paying the real police a $150 fine.

The difference in price may be due to the broken soap dispenser and mirror, but it's always possible that they were broken before and that the owner is just padding the damages.

With that, was this a robbery? I believe that one can make the case that the swimmers were extorted for money at the point of a gun, and extortion is similar to robbery. Idea

I kind of agree. People need to get off their high-horses about this. The only reason it's blown up is because he's an American Olympian. Poor judgment? Yes. Extorted by fake police? Probably.



_________________
Don't you know the plural of "anecdote" is "data"?
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3878
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
For now, I actually have to side with Lochte in this matter... Shocked

Basically, it would not be totally inaccurate to describe this event as being 3 swimmers being forced at gunpoint to pay an exorbitant amount of money to make restitution for minor damages by people who had badges and were brandishing guns but were not policemen.


Quote:
Mr. Veloso, the police chief, said he could not rule out that there was an extortion attempt by the guards

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/sports/olympics/police-say-ryan-lochte-lied-about-gunpoint-assault.html?_r=0



Therefore, it would be understandable for Lochte to summarize the event as an armed robbery by fake police. It would also be understandable that there are discrepancies in Lochte's story.

For example, in one video, a guard points a gun inside the cab at the swimmers. The gun is at windowsill level and pointed towards the back seat. For someone sitting in the back seat, the gun is at eye-level and within ~3 feet of their head. If someone then chooses to describe that event as a guy 'putting a gun to his forehead', it should be understandable. Matt Lauer claims Lochte changed his story from 'forehead' to 'general direction'.


Quote:
"We got pulled over in our taxi and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge. No lights, no nothing, just a police badge. They pulled us over, they pulled out their guns,"

http://www.today.com/news/ryan-lochte-defends-rio-robbery-account-matt-lauer-we-wouldn-t101973


Looking at the CCTV footage, that's basically what happened. No lights, no police uniform, just a badge and a gun. The swimmers were in the cab, about to go, and guys came out and pointed a gun inside the cab. Technically, they weren't "pulled over", because the car wasn't moving, but many people use 'stopped by police' and 'pulled over by police' interchangeably. Again, the misuse of terms should be understandable. Lochte is not on a witness stand in a courtroom. He's giving an on the fly interview with Billy Bush on the beach.


While at Carnival, I knew the fine for public urination was the equivalent of ~$150 USD. Lochte said he had ~$400 taken and that the other swimmers has all their money taken as well. So they could have had up to $1200 taken instead of paying the real police a $150 fine.

The difference in price may be due to the broken soap dispenser and mirror, but it's always possible that they were broken before and that the owner is just padding the damages.

With that, was this a robbery? I believe that one can make the case that the swimmers were extorted for money at the point of a gun, and extortion is similar to robbery. Idea

I kind of agree. People need to get off their high-horses about this. The only reason it's blown up is because he's an American Olympian. Poor judgment? Yes. Extorted by fake police? Probably.


I also agree that the Admiral has given a reasonable interpretation of this seeming trivial event, in refreshing contrast to the rush-to-judgment treatment, nearly approaching Trump derangement syndrome, offered up by the mainstream media.

A media study shows that the major U.S. networks gave six times the coverage to the ambiguous swimmer story than to the recent admission by the U.S. State Department that the Obama administration had indeed paid ransom to release the Iran hostages.

Quote:
Shocking news broke Thursday that the handoff of the $400 million cash payment to Iran was a highly coordinated endeavor and did not occur until the American hostages were safe. These new details lend farther evidence to the argument that the cash was a ransom payment. But when it came to reporting this development the Big Three networks barely gave it anytime at all. Combined they gave the story two minutes, one second on their evening news programs. In stark contrast, the networks gave a whopping 13 minutes, 33 seconds to the lies told by the members of the U.S. Olympic swim team.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11487



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Wow, the US won their first medal in women's wrestling in amazing style. Helen Maroulis beat the three time defending champion from Japan to take the gold!



So what's the prediction for next stop?

WWE or UFC?

This isn't a criticism btw. She'll be an instant star in either one. I think Kurt Angle is the only Olympic gold medalist wrestler to have made a career in professional wrestling, but he rode his gold medal to a very successful career, and skipped the usual "apprenticeship" period before becoming a star in major promotions.

Today there is the alternative of becoming an MMA fighter.

Her win yesterdsy was such a surprise that NBC was caught completely unprepared to cover it.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11487



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:


I also agree that the Admiral has given a reasonable interpretation of this seeming trivial event, in refreshing contrast to the rush-to-judgment treatment, nearly approaching Trump derangement syndrome, offered up by the mainstream media.


Personally I found that convoluted explanation to be a fictional excuse of Clintonesque proportions.

At the same time, the reaction is way overblown.

I expect the reality is quite a bit simpler. The four swimmers went partying and got rip roaring drunk. People do and say a lot of stupid things when they're drunk.

They stopped to use the restroom. When it was locked they broke in and caused some damage. Stupid stunt #1.

Then they got belligerent with the security guard who demanded they pay for the damage. Not unusual for a bunch of drunk jocks, but stupid stunt #2.

Then, when an explanation was required, they made up a fictional story that in their inebriated state seemed to fit well with the pre-Olympics narrative about Rio. Or at least the ones who were coherent enough to give any explanation did. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but stupid stunt #3.

Not unexpectedly, their explanation didn't hold together, and Rio officials, already defensive about a couple years of bad publicity, got pissed off and it became an international incident.

Twenty years ago, this would have been a "boys will be boys" incident. If it happened today in SEC country or Tallahassee to four football players, it still would be. But the local officials had no sympathy for a phony story that cast their city in a bad light, so it blew up. And a press corps disappointed that Rio hasn't lived up to their dire pre-Olympics warnings ran with it.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6359
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:


I also agree that the Admiral has given a reasonable interpretation of this seeming trivial event, in refreshing contrast to the rush-to-judgment treatment, nearly approaching Trump derangement syndrome, offered up by the mainstream media.


Personally I found that convoluted explanation to be a fictional excuse of Clintonesque proportions.

At the same time, the reaction is way overblown.

I expect the reality is quite a bit simpler. The four swimmers went partying and got rip roaring drunk. People do and say a lot of stupid things when they're drunk.

They stopped to use the restroom. When it was locked they broke in and caused some damage. Stupid stunt #1.

Then they got belligerent with the security guard who demanded they pay for the damage. Not unusual for a bunch of drunk jocks, but stupid stunt #2.

Then, when an explanation was required, they made up a fictional story that in their inebriated state seemed to fit well with the pre-Olympics narrative about Rio. Or at least the ones who were coherent enough to give any explanation did. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but stupid stunt #3.

Not unexpectedly, their explanation didn't hold together, and Rio officials, already defensive about a couple years of bad publicity, got pissed off and it became an international incident.

Twenty years ago, this would have been a "boys will be boys" incident. If it happened today in SEC country or Tallahassee to four football players, it still would be. But the local officials had no sympathy for a phony story that cast their city in a bad light, so it blew up. And a press corps disappointed that Rio hasn't lived up to their dire pre-Olympics warnings ran with it.

I see it the same way.



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4258



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/16 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
Wow, the US won their first medal in women's wrestling in amazing style. Helen Maroulis beat the three time defending champion from Japan to take the gold!


This is the biggest upset of the games


Shades of Rulon Gardner beating Alexander Karelin back in Sydney.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8340



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:


I also agree that the Admiral has given a reasonable interpretation of this seeming trivial event, in refreshing contrast to the rush-to-judgment treatment, nearly approaching Trump derangement syndrome, offered up by the mainstream media.


Personally I found that convoluted explanation to be a fictional excuse of Clintonesque proportions.

At the same time, the reaction is way overblown.

I expect the reality is quite a bit simpler. The four swimmers went partying and got rip roaring drunk. People do and say a lot of stupid things when they're drunk.

They stopped to use the restroom. When it was locked they broke in and caused some damage. Stupid stunt #1.

Then they got belligerent with the security guard who demanded they pay for the damage. Not unusual for a bunch of drunk jocks, but stupid stunt #2.

Then, when an explanation was required, they made up a fictional story that in their inebriated state seemed to fit well with the pre-Olympics narrative about Rio. Or at least the ones who were coherent enough to give any explanation did. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but stupid stunt #3.

Not unexpectedly, their explanation didn't hold together, and Rio officials, already defensive about a couple years of bad publicity, got pissed off and it became an international incident.

Twenty years ago, this would have been a "boys will be boys" incident. If it happened today in SEC country or Tallahassee to four football players, it still would be. But the local officials had no sympathy for a phony story that cast their city in a bad light, so it blew up. And a press corps disappointed that Rio hasn't lived up to their dire pre-Olympics warnings ran with it.


X_____________

And Lochte has always been a jerk, just like Phelps.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6197
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/16 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width='480' height='290' scrolling='no' src='//www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/9a76df10-55e4-11e6-b652-315ae5d4d4dd' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:
After becoming the first female U.S. boxer to win Olympic gold at the 2012 London Games, Claressa Shields was given a parade by her home town of Flint, Mich., and awarded a key to the city.

But the fame and endorsement deals that the 17-year-old hoped would follow never materialized, showered instead on telegenic swimmers, gymnasts and track stars who dazzled on NBCs prime-time broadcasts.



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 288



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have the Africanized Killer Bees arrived yet 😉


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44167



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/16 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shout out to Gwen Jorgensen from St Paul, MN for winning the gold medal in the women's triathlon!



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15105
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/16 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shout out to Gwen Jorgensen from St Paul, MN for winning the gold medal in the women's triathlon!


Baddest-ass accountant or baddest-ass accountant?



_________________
We do not provide emotional or parking validation.
threadkiller1201



Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 123
Location: washington state


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/16 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

recent USA Today story about Lochte et al.:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/did-rio-cops-embellish-story-like-lochte/ar-BBvTmCC?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout[url]


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 9965
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/16 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From Dr. Demento's Facebook page, someone has already made a musical tribute to Ryan Lochte, set to the tune of The Eagles' "Lyin' Eyes".

http://youtu.be/Jb3Z7rTqesQ



_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 9965
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/16 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching CNBC right now. They are reporting that Lochte has just lost all of his endorsement and partnerships from all of his sponsors: Speedo, Ralph Lauren, Airweave Mattress, and Gentle Hair Removal.




_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4258



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/16 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Watching CNBC right now. They are reporting that Lochte has just lost all of his endorsement and partnerships from all of his sponsors: Speedo, Ralph Lauren, Airweave Mattress, and Gentle Hair Removal.


Serves him right.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14473



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/24/16 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope this isn't true. But reports are saying Lochte will be on the next season of Dancing with the Stars. The base pay for that show is $100,000. That covers any endorsement that have pulled out.

http://www.espn.com/olympics/swimming/story/_/id/17384513/ryan-lochte-possibility-next-season-dancing-stars



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin