RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Olympic Women's Basketball General Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/16 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what Liz's 4th quarter stats were. She was unstoppable.

PostPosted: 08/11/16 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

She was a beast. Locked in completely.She wasnt going to let them lose. I counted atleast 2 blocks in the 4th quarter.

Next time i hope Penny tells Joyce to STFU while one of the players is shooting important FT's Shocked He was screaming and yelling like a maniac

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/16 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He doesn't shut up all game. It's got to make the players nervous having him constantly in their ears like that.

PostPosted: 08/11/16 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

She came back in with under 9m left in the game, Australia trailing by 16. I have her with 18 points on 7-10 from the field, 4-5 FTs, 4 boards and 3 blocks from that point on. Japan just couldn't handle her rumbling down the lane off high pick+rolls. To their credit, the Aussies are pretty good at making the right pass in to her inside. Not always that easy to make that pass when everyone knows it's what you want to do, as we saw for years with the awful Fowles-based offenses in Chicago.

PostPosted: 08/11/16 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The USA better be preparing for Cambage. She's their only chance to take down the USA. Cambage putting up 30 & 15 vs . the USA plus good numbers from Taylor, Mitchell & Tolo might be enough. Also, unlike the USA men, the women haven't been tested this tournament.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Howee

PostPosted: 08/11/16 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting game....first game I've seen in these Olympics. Loved Japan's style and grit.

toad455 wrote:
The USA better be preparing for Cambage. She's their only chance to take down the USA. Cambage putting up 30 & 15 vs . the USA plus good numbers from Taylor, Mitchell & Tolo might be enough. Also, unlike the USA men, the women haven't been tested this tournament.

I hope that's a joke, or sarcasm. Laughing Yes, 37 is impressive, but she was playing against (relative) midgets. Scrappy midgets, yes, but still....

I haven't seen her play in ages. She had all the verve and pizzazz of a bag o' lima beans. Her athleticism has diminished, imo. She's clearly NOT the player she was a few years ago, and that's kinda sad....she's had SUCH potential and opportunity. As young as she is, she certainly could make a (better) name for herself in the sport.

Great to see FLB (Mitchell) shine on the Olympic stage, and of course, Penny, too. Cool

Luuuc wrote:
Goodbye Brendan
NOOO! I never watched him much before but, dang! He's *hot!*. Kinda like an athletic, silvered Alec Baldwin. Razz

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/16 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Goodbye Brendan
NOOO! I never watched him much before but, dang! He's *hot!*. Kinda like an athletic, silvered Alec Baldwin. Razz

Ok, that's ... umm ... well, different strokes I guess.
Liz & Leilani saved his job in the 4th quarter, so, I guess you're in luck Wink

Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The USA better be preparing for Cambage.

I hope that's a joke, or sarcasm. Laughing Yes, 37 is impressive, but she was playing against (relative) midgets. Scrappy midgets, yes, but still....

I haven't seen her play in ages. She had all the verve and pizzazz of a bag o' lima beans. Her athleticism has diminished, imo. She's clearly NOT the player she was a few years ago, and that's kinda sad....she's had SUCH potential and opportunity. As young as she is, she certainly could make a (better) name for herself in the sport.

Ok, that paragraph combined with your Joyce comment ... I'm pretty sure you've been drinking, so I'm going to let it slide.
You know she put up 22 & 8 in 24 minutes against the (relative) midgets of Griner, Fowles & Charles less than 2 weeks ago, right? Though I do agree that she's not the player she was a few years ago. I think she's a little better. It's the rest of the Opals that have dropped a level.

PostPosted: 08/11/16 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Howee wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Goodbye Brendan

Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Ok, that paragraph combined with your Joyce comment ... I'm pretty sure you've been drinking, so I'm going to let it slide.

You're so precious! And KIND, too....Razz

Luuuc wrote:
You know she put up 22 & 8 in 24 minutes against the (relative) midgets of Griner, Fowles & Charles less than 2 weeks ago, right? Though I do agree that she's not the player she was a few years ago. I think she's a little better. It's the rest of the Opals that have dropped a level.

I'm truly delighted for her on the point accumulation (though her % in that exhibition was kinda stinky....she had to put up 3 more shots than Griner/Charles/Fowles combined to get her total). But I really don't base my observation on her stats: I'm just expressing an opinion, based on the ol' *eye* test, from when I last saw her play years ago--she's doesn't look as good as earlier, imo. And her conditioning was not her best, sucking air big-time tonight, hence her defense was none too stellar, either.

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/12/16 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conditioning has been as obvious issue for Liz since before she ever even touched a basketball, and yes you are correct that it still is, but IMO she's currently in the best shape of her career. She's carrying this team and that takes its toll. Most opponents aren't going to be running around the way Japan does either. That's really not a great game to judge her by, IMO.
My eye test also says she has added to her repertoire offensively.
Happy to agree to disagree on that one.

PostPosted: 08/12/16 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Conditioning has been as obvious issue for Liz since before she ever even touched a basketball, and yes you are correct that it still is, but IMO she's currently in the best shape of her career. She's carrying this team and that takes its toll. Most opponents aren't going to be running around the way Japan does either. That's really not a great game to judge her by, IMO.
My eye test also says she has added to her repertoire offensively.
Happy to agree to disagree on that one.

Cambage is a lot better then a couple of years ago IMO. She has worked on her footwork in the post, she is stronger finishing with contact and her jumpshot looks pretty smooth. Also she is in better shape. Still not great shape because they always sub her after 6 minutes but better then in 2012
Coming back from an achilles injury is no joke. I think people forget that sometimes..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/12/16 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Japan and Australia game was good even though I only got to watch the last 4 mins of it. Opals did a good job getting Liz good look at the rim or a jumpshot. PT and Mitchell were clutch.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/12/16 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Canada got a scare late but got the win to make history at 3-0 for the first time in the Olympics.

They're definitely gonna lose their next game.
Its cool just remember a Canadian invented the game Wink

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/12/16 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
That Japan and Australia game was good even though I only got to watch the last 4 mins of it. Opals did a good job getting Liz good look at the rim or a jumpshot. PT and Mitchell were clutch.

With Penny coming up big in game 3, and Liz in the 4th quarter last night, Leilani hasn't been getting many headlines but she has been outstanding for us so far.
18 points, 6 boards & 7 assists in the Japan game, and such poise under pressure.

PostPosted: 08/12/16 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Serbia beat China 80-72 today, it's looking an Australia-Serbia matchup in the Quarters on Tuesday.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/12/16 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Serbia beat China 80-72 today, it's looking an Australia-Serbia matchup in the Quarters on Tuesday.

And this matchup might cause a problem for the Opals Confused

SCook

PostPosted: 08/12/16 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Howee wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Goodbye Brendan

Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Correction: Liz put up 4 against Griner in 10minutes and that was with BG having 2 fouls

She put 18 against Charles and Fowles.

However, she has seemed to be a different Beast in the Olympics.

If Australia has to play USA, I cross my hands that Geno goes with Syl at the 5 to start and brings BG in after.

PostPosted: 08/12/16 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ana Dabovic with 23pts in Serbia win.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/13/16 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh Nat... Rolling Eyes

---

Another slow start by the Opals. Trailing Belarus by 3 after 1 quarter.

PostPosted: 08/13/16 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Another slow start by the Opals. Trailing Belarus by 3 after 1 quarter.

Haven't been watching this one, but just checked the boxscore. I don't understand why players like Taylor, with old limbs that need to be managed, are even playing. Australia have won the group. It's less embarrassing if you lose playing the reserves anyway. The starting lineup should've been something like Lavey/Ebzery/Talbot/Burton/George.

It's essentially meaningless for Belarus, too. They're out.

PostPosted: 08/13/16 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AUS was who BEL thought they were, and they let 'em off the hook!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/16 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

36-20 BRA over TUR at the half

This is unexpected. Glad I didn't make quarterfinal projections just yet.
Looks like TUR will likely be the 4th place team in Group 4

Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/16 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quite a comeback by TUR

56-50 TUR with 4:08 left

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/13/16 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Brazil team can't close a game to save their lives. Blew big lead in regulation and now again in overtime. Horrible ATO

Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/16 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice flop by TUR got Dantas out of the ball game.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 08/13/16 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nice flop by TUR got Dantas out of the ball game.

I was so mad when I saw that. Mad

I wanted Brazil to win one so they can celebrate in front of their home crowd.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: