RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rio Basketball game threads - What's best?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/04/16 7:13 pm    ::: Rio Basketball game threads - What's best? Reply Reply with quote

I was thinking that we do individual game threads for USA games, and then either a single running thread for all the other games, or maybe a thread for each day of women's competition.

What does everyone think?
I don't really want to clutter up the page with a bunch of threads that only have one or 2 replies.

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/06/16 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 08/04/16 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're apparently having separate threads for every women's soccer match. Why wouldn't we do the same for basketball?

PostPosted: 08/04/16 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
We're apparently having separate threads for every women's soccer match. Why wouldn't we do the same for basketball?

Personally I'm not a fan of cluttering up a women's basketball board with dozens of 3-post soccer threads but maybe that's just me being anal. That's why I'm seeking opinions.

PostPosted: 08/05/16 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im for a thread for each day of women's competition besides the USA game threads ofcourse

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/05/16 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Personally I'm not a fan of cluttering up a women's basketball board with dozens of 3-post soccer threads but maybe that's just me being anal. That's why I'm seeking opinions.

I thought this was the Olympic forum for all Olympic discussion, not just basketball.

If it is basketball only, I think that needs to be clarified.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/05/16 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see why the USA basketball game threads can't be done in the WNBA section. It's the same fan base, and the preseason games were done there without a hitch.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/05/16 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I thought this was the Olympic forum for all Olympic discussion, not just basketball.

If it is basketball only, I think that needs to be clarified.

This is the Olympic forum for all Olympic discussion, yes.
My point was that there are a lot of events at the Olympics but most people are on this board for basketball, so to me it makes more sense for other sports/events to have a single thread rather than one for every game, because otherwise the page will fill up in a hurry with small threads and the basketball ones will be pushed down.
But whatever ...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: