RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Arrest made in Rio, group planning terror attack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 07/21/16 12:17 pm    ::: Arrest made in Rio, group planning terror attack Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/police-in-brazil-arrest-group-suspected-of-planning-terror-attack-during-rio-games/2016/07/21/197c2076-4f51-11e6-bf27-405106836f96_story.html

Quote:
The 10, all Brazilians, had declared loyalty to the Islamic State and were communicating via cellphone messenger services Telegram and WhatsApp to plan attacks during the Summer Games, which open Aug. 5, Justice Minister Alexandre de Moraes told reporters in the capital, Brasilia. The arrests took place in 10 different states, and police issued arrest warrants for two more suspects.

Quote:
“Apparently . . . it was an absolutely amateur cell with no preparation,” de Moraes said. He quoted a recent message that said: “Let’s train marital arts” and another that said, “Let’s learn how to shoot.”

toad455

PostPosted: 07/21/16 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not exactly 100% secure with Brazil's security during these Olympic games. Just based off of their overall poor organization of the games & the fact that there's no money left for the games.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 07/21/16 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree toad455. I hope we have some secret service already there. I will go to bed and say a prayer for all the athletes.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 07/23/16 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just read another story about Rio.... Confused I will definitely be praying too

Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/24/16 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The softest target-rich area is probably going to be the downtown waterfront. The venues and the Olympic Village are pretty well protected. A bigger issue sounds like it's simple snatch-and-grabs. From what I've read, locals wear their backpacks in front and hug them to their chest. And all the soldiers in the world will not help if the police are going rogue expecting bribes because they've not been paid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: