RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ginobilli Among 6 First Time All Star Reserves chosen!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/08/05 2:22 pm    ::: Ginobilli Among 6 First Time All Star Reserves chosen! Reply Reply with quote

West: Amare Stoudemire, Manu Ginobilli, Rashard Lewis, Steve Nash, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, and Shawn Marion.

East: Dwayne Wade, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal (he and Ben can chat on the bench), Paul Pierce, Gilbert Arenas, and Antawn Jamison (two Wizards!)

No Jason Kidd for the first time since 1998, no Steve Francis (he and his buddy can go hang together I guess), no Brad Miller, Chris Webber, Peja, or Mike Bibby.

Counting Duncan and Yao, 6 international players, same as last two years.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/08/05 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brad Miller deserved to be chosen, it was up to the coaches to correct this, Yao did nothing to deserve an All-Star selection, but since he has a gazillion people backing him up, he will always start, regardless.
Also, how come the best PG in the NBA isn't an All-Star ??? Razz

PostPosted: 02/08/05 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Many good players get left out. Brand only made it a few years ago because Shaq was injured. Elton will always put up 19 and 10...but it will never be enough in the west. Maggette is a a 21 ppg scorer, but also has no chance in the West.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/08/05 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Also, how come the best PG in the NBA isn't an All-Star ??? :P

Just apply the logic equation of "if p, then q" and you will have the answer to this burning question...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/08/05 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Brad Miller deserved to be chosen, it was up to the coaches to correct this, Yao did nothing to deserve an All-Star selection, but since he has a gazillion people backing him up, he will always start, regardless.
Also, how come the best PG in the NBA isn't an All-Star ??? Razz

The coaches are given a specific position to vote for, remember. Amare was voted in as a center, in order to vote Dirk in at forward. Miller falls by the wayside. Guess he had to big a "great wall" to climb over to make the team!

Maybe the BPGITNBA is far too good for this type of event. He plays in a game by himself.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/08/05 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to seeing a lineup of Duncan, Yao, Dirk, Amare and Garnett as the PG. Razz

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/08/05 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ilgauskas (sp) didn't deserve to be there either, IMHO. But I'm glad they finally recognized Jamison. He is a VJ-type of player, a silent assassin, and I still can't get over the Mavs trading him. All in all, the selections were fair, but IMO Miller and Brand could've been selected. How come Sacramento has no players in the ASG and Phoenix has 3? They should've sacrificed one the Suns guys. If they have 3 All-Stars, heck, just hand them the trophy already.

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Ilgauskas (sp) didn't deserve to be there either, IMHO. But I'm glad they finally recognized Jamison. He is a VJ-type of player, a silent assassin, and I still can't get over the Mavs trading him. All in all, the selections were fair, but IMO Miller and Brand could've been selected. How come Sacramento has no players in the ASG and Phoenix has 3? They should've sacrificed one the Suns guys. If they have 3 All-Stars, heck, just hand them the trophy already.

If you liked Jamison in Dallas BCBG, you should have seen him in Golden State Exclamation May as well throw Gilbert Arenas and Larry Hughes in there too. Mark Cuban blew that one big time...

I think Webber would have taken the game off anyways to rest his knees. Brand's OK... just not a fan of 6'8" PFs Confused

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I used to say, before last season, that I can't see how a 5-11 PF could help us with rebounding. I'm obviously talking about DeTrina White. Brand has been in the Top 5 or Top 10 in rebounding and shot-blocking since his rookie season. He's a MUCH BETTER shot blocker than KG (6-11) and Dirk (7-0) for instance.
He got overlooked again...I hope, if Kobe can't play, that they start Nash and pick either Miller or Brand.

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suspect Nash will start and Carmelo will be added to play in Denver.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes sense to add a Denver player, but it should not be Carmelo. I'd pick Marcus Camby. But with him I'm biased, he's my fav Knick ever. To this day lol

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You gotta be kidding me. Our boy from Hartford, who has done NOTHING to give back to the city?? He is your favorite?????

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Favorite Knick, yeah. Interestingly enough, he was just given a Community Assist Award for this month. What's up with Hartford?

http://www.nba.com/community/caa_january_050207.html

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw that and laughed; he has like the obligatory foundation or something, but he doesn't usually come back, make appearances, do clinics, donate to fix up gyms, etc. that you hear about people doing in their hometown.

His big exposure I see is sponsoring a team in a Hartford Pro/Am league.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see. Well, looks like he's too busy doing that for Denver now lol...now seriously, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, even though his best buddy on the Knicks was Spree. How often does he visit Hartford anyway?
I rarely go back to my hometown, only to visit my parents and if they weren't living there, I wouldn't go back at all.
BTW, Admiral, I love your giant lineup idea. KG can certainly run the point and we could put Dirk at the 2. It'll be nice to see Nash and Dirk playing together again. I bet there will be a little bias on Nash's part when they're both on the court. And obviously, I expect them to go out for a drink or more again and I hope someone takes pictures lol

PostPosted: 02/08/05 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Favorite Knick, yeah. Interestingly enough, he was just given a Community Assist Award for this month. What's up with Hartford?

I came to like Camby back in '99 when I saw him try to play against Tim Duncan in the Finals in MSG. Didn't really expect him to play well, but he did. After that he went to Injury City.

I really don't follow player's community involvement. They're usually just ways to get income tax breaks anyways, so everybody does something.

And hey, remember, Marcus Camby went to U. MASS. Or as people in the Ivy League used to call it: U ASS. Cornellians often bought their school cap and unstitched the 'M'.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/08/05 4:22 pm    ::: Re: Ginobilli Among 6 First Time All Star Reserves chosen! Reply Reply with quote

What??? Two Wizards and NO JKidd?? That just plain stinks!

Besides, this makes it how many years in a row that there are NO Knicks in the ASG??? 27?? LOL!!

dtsnms wrote:
West: Amare Stoudemire, Manu Ginobilli, Rashard Lewis, Steve Nash, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, and Shawn Marion.

East: Dwayne Wade, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal (he and Ben can chat on the bench), Paul Pierce, Gilbert Arenas, and Antawn Jamison (two Wizards!)

No Jason Kidd for the first time since 1998, no Steve Francis (he and his buddy can go hang together I guess), no Brad Miller, Chris Webber, Peja, or Mike Bibby.

Counting Duncan and Yao, 6 international players, same as last two years.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/08/05 4:25 pm    ::: Re: Ginobilli Among 6 First Time All Star Reserves chosen! Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:

Besides, this makes it how many years in a row that there are NO Knicks in the ASG??? 27?? LOL!!

As I said above, Keira, The Best Damn Point Guard in the League Period is too good for this game, and will be having his own contest outside the arena instead.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/08/05 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kidd missed too many games, and although he's playing at an All-Star level, that hurt him. Same goes for AK47.

PostPosted: 02/09/05 11:46 am    ::: Re: Ginobilli Among 6 First Time All Star Reserves chosen! Reply Reply with quote

Didn't he say the best PG in the world?? Regardless, he's an idiot for saying that. I'll take JKidd over Starbury ANY day! Same way I'd take Nash over Stephon.

Where outside the arena? Mars?? LOL!!

dtsnms wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

As I said above, Keira, The Best Damn Point Guard in the League Period is too good for this game, and will be having his own contest outside the arena instead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: