RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

49 Dead at Gay Nightclub Shooting in Orlando
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:03 am    ::: 49 Dead at Gay Nightclub Shooting in Orlando Reply Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/shooting-orlando-club/85785254/

Quote:
Police Chief John Mina said the tragedy began at 2:02 a.m., when three police officers engaged in a gun battle with a suspect outside Pulse, a gay club just south of downtown. A hostage situation then took place inside, and a SWAT team was called in, Mina said. Police received updates from patrons trapped in the club, and decided to storm the club at about 5 a.m.

"Our biggest concern was further loss of life," Mina said. "We exchanged gunfire with the suspect, and he was dead at the scene."

Mina said the gunman was killed by police. He said 42 people were transferred to local hospitals, and one officer was wounded. He estimated the death toll at 20, and said at least 30 people were rescued.

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 06/13/16 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
myt

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad

PostPosted: 06/12/16 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orlando attacker was Omar Saddiqui Mateen from Afghanistan go.shr.lc/1rjFRGD

Another report says his parents are from Afghanistan and he was born here.

PostPosted: 06/12/16 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ron Hopper, the FBI agent in charge of the operation, when asked if the gunman had a connection to radical Islamic terrorism, Hopper said authorities "have suggestions that individual has leanings towards that".

PostPosted: 06/12/16 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

50 dead. Worst mass shooting in US history.

PostPosted: 06/12/16 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Crying or Very sad

This has to stop.

Not later.

Now!!!!!

People need to stop teaching hate.

Not everyone is gong to be like you. Act like you. Look like you. Think like you. Worship like you. Love like you.

No reason to hate them.

No reason to kill them.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/12/16 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Crying or Very sad

This has to stop.

Not later.

Now!!!!!

Not everyone is gong to be like you. Act like you. Look like you. Think like you. Worship like you. Love like you.

No reason to hate them.

No reason to kill them.

Nothing is ever going to change in the direction of improvement. IMO. If there's anything that needs to change it's the illusion that there is a peace coming someday or a utopia or that people from different worlds can and will get along and settle down. That's an illusion, a false dream. There's too many cultures which have and will always clash. The basic dream of this country, for instance, of a melting pot of immigrants, living in peace and unity, it's absolute bullshit and will come apart entirely in many of our lifetimes. We haven't even begun to suffer in this country yet. This can get so much worse.

What we have to fight back against in the United States is acceptance. The notion I just heard on CBS that this is the 'new normal.' No. You accept it and the streets will run red with blood. This is not the new normal in the United States. WILL not be the new normal.

ISIS has published (an alleged) picture of Omar Mateen. That would be a very bad sign that ISIS had a picture of this guy and was able to get it out there before American law enforcement or media.

PostPosted: 06/12/16 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Crying or Very sad

This has to stop.

Not later.

Now!!!!!

No reason to hate them.

No reason to kill them.

X ____________________ Sad

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/12/16 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

has the NRA called for mandatory carry yet?

PostPosted: 06/12/16 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ISIS claimed the attack Confused

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/12/16 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to apologize for my insensitive comment at what is a horrifically traumatic time for many people here I'm sure.

There were, of course, a lot of more appropriate comments on the NYTimes website. This one though caught my eye.

Mor California 2 hours ago
Just a couple of days ago four people were killed in a terrorist attack in the Sarona entertainment complex in Tel-Aviv (one of them an internationally known scholar of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict). There were two assassins. However, because they used home-made guns, the number of casualties was limited. One of them was shot by a guard, the other escaped and was arrested by a policeman who first invited him into his home, believing him to be a traumatized victim (true story). Same ideology, different means, different outcomes. Unless America adopts BOTH profiling and rational gun control, there will be more carnages like this one. Terrorism can never be completely stamped out but its hateful ideology can be combatted in an open forum of ideas, while the means of inflicting mass casualties can - and should - be tightly controlled.

PostPosted: 06/12/16 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation three times interviewed Omar Mateen for having alleged terrorist ties before he killed 50 people and injured 53 others at a gay nightclub in Orlando, the deadliest shooting in U.S. history." - Orlando Sentinel

PostPosted: 06/12/16 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
"The Federal Bureau of Investigation three times interviewed Omar Mateen for having alleged terrorist ties before he killed 50 people and injured 53 others at a gay nightclub in Orlando, the deadliest shooting in U.S. history." - Orlando Sentinel

How was someone like this allowed to get guns Rolling Eyes

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/12/16 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

because God forbid we actually regulate the purchase of weapons in this country.

PostPosted: 06/12/16 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

it's very easy to get a gun in the USA. He could have bought off the streets, too.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
braveniler58

PostPosted: 06/12/16 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sighs. When is this ever going to stop? What's gonna wake the NRA/GOP people up?

Just terrible. Confused Sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 06/12/16 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

it's very easy to get a gun in the USA. He could have bought off the streets, too.

Reports are saying that he bought the guns legally. Because, you know, getting interviewed by the FBI for terrorist ties multiple times shouldn't prevent you from buying a gun.

And of course ISIS is going to claim this, whether they knew the guy from a hole in the wall or not. 50 dead Americans? 50 dead gay Americans? Of course they'll take credit for it.

PostPosted: 06/12/16 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
toad455 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Reports are saying that he bought the guns legally. Because, you know, getting interviewed by the FBI for terrorist ties multiple times shouldn't prevent you from buying a gun.

And of course ISIS is going to claim this, whether they knew the guy from a hole in the wall or not. 50 dead Americans? 50 dead gay Americans? Of course they'll take credit for it.

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 06/12/16 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="438" height="267" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qBlwxqqAprQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/qBlwxqqAprQ

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was avoiding all media (social and TV), i heard enough about Orlando and was waiting for "The last ship" to start.Before the show they said they will not be showing the season premiere.Why? During the show there is a mass shooting in a club...art imitating life Crying or Very sad

myt

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
<embed><iframe width="438" height="267" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qBlwxqqAprQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/qBlwxqqAprQ

I could not watch much of this.... It made me sick Sad

Prime example for your sig!

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="438" height="267" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JYLRe4sfaHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/JYLRe4sfaHs

Orlando: AR-15
Aurora: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
San Bernardino: AR-15
Umpqua Community College: AR-15

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/12/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The below list of individuals includes victims who have lost their lives during the early morning incident, and next of kin have been contacted. As we continue to reach out to the families of victims, we will continue to update this post.

Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34 years old

Stanley Almodovar III, 23 years old

Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20 years old

Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22 years old

Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36 years old

Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22 years old

Luis S. Vielma, 22 years old

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: