RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Report: Stephen Curry opts to skip 2016 Olympics in Rio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/06/16 12:43 pm    ::: Report: Stephen Curry opts to skip 2016 Olympics in Rio Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry will not play in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, opting instead to rest his knee, according to a report published Monday by The San Jose Mercury News.

Curry, who has never played in the Olympics, has informed USA Basketball of his decision, according to the Mercury News.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/15997733/stephen-curry-opts-skip-2016-olympics-rio-de-janeiro-cites-need-rest-knee

PostPosted: 06/06/16 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

him possibly never getting a Gold medal would certainly drop him from the list of best evers. Though he should easily still make the 2020 team.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myt

PostPosted: 06/06/16 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Playing in the Olympics is a great opportunity. However, I understand him taking time off for his health.

PostPosted: 06/06/16 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go due to Zika.

PostPosted: 06/06/16 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go due to Zika.

I have a feeling quite a few more players will be withdrawing from consideration due to the Zika virus under the guise of an injury.

Quote:
San Antonio Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge will miss the upcoming Summer Olympics due to a lingering finger injury, sources told ESPN.

Sources said that Aldridge joins Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, who announced his removal from consideration Monday, and four other top players from USA Basketball's original 31-man player pool to skip the Olympics due to health.

It's a group that includes Clippers stars Blake Griffin (knee) and Chris Paul (hand), as well as Pelicans forward Anthony Davis (knee, shoulder) and Wizards guard John Wall (knee).

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/16000235/lamarcus-aldridge-san-antonio-spurs-miss-rio-olympics-finger-injury

PostPosted: 06/06/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
him possibly never getting a Gold medal would certainly drop him from the list of best evers.

Is an olympic gold medal a prerequisite for that title (best ever) in the men's game?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: