RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lady Vols look above the rim with Parker back in action

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopher5

PostPosted: 11/17/05 10:18 am    ::: Lady Vols look above the rim with Parker back in action Reply Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/sec/2005-11-16-vols-parker-cover_x.htm

"She's an awesome kid and she's an awesome player, but she's not a god," Zolman says. "Everybody is putting on these unfair expectations. She's a great person to hang out with, somebody who is very humble, but it's not like she's going to single-handedly come here and lift us up to a national championship."

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/17/05 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Zolman nailed it on the head. I give her credit. It would be easy for some of the team to be jealous of all the attention but that looks like it's not thte case at all

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/17/05 11:10 am    ::: Re: Lady Vols look above the rim with Parker back in action Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/sec/2005-11-16-vols-parker-cover_x.htm

"She's an awesome kid and she's an awesome player, but she's not a god," Zolman says. "Everybody is putting on these unfair expectations. She's a great person to hang out with, somebody who is very humble, but it's not like she's going to single-handedly come here and lift us up to a national championship."

I thought only "haters" were the ones saying things like that. Does Zolman hate Parker? Does she hate Tennessee? I am so confused now.

* edited for typos ...

Last edited by PUmatty on 11/17/05 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/17/05 11:21 am    ::: Re: Lady Vols look above the rim with Parker back in action Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
gopher5 wrote:

I thought only "haters" were the ones saying things like that. Does Zolman hate Parrker? Does she had Tennessee? I am so confused now.

Laughing Laughing Cool

JuMpShOtChIC12

PostPosted: 11/17/05 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Zolman hates Parker or Tennessee she just saying it's good to have Parker as a teammate and nothiing else. Parker is giong to help out alot in the paint... Very Happy ...

i wonder do you think she will dunk in a game?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/17/05 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JuMpShOtChIC12 wrote:
I don't think Zolman hates Parker or Tennessee she just saying it's good to have Parker as a teammate and nothiing else. Parker is giong to help out alot in the paint... Very Happy ...

i wonder do you think she will dunk in a game?

FYI, Matty was joking about prior posts where whenever someone said something not all world, not even critical, of Parker, theywere perceived as a hater.

Yes she will dunk I'm sure. I also think Fowles wil for LSu, and most likely IMO before Parker will.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 11/17/05 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jumpshot:

PUmatty & dtsnms were just joking about that. Some people who are Tennessee & Candace Parker fans tend to think that those who aren't as hyped up about Candace's skills & ability to lead her team are "haters," which I think could be farther from the truth for many.

Last edited by BBallFanCT729 on 11/17/05 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/17/05 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Jumpshot:

PUMatty & dtsnms were just joking about that. Some people who are Tennessee & Candace Parker fans tend to think that those who aren't as hyped up about Candace's skills & ability to lead her team are "haters," which I think could be farther from the truth for many.

It is also the suggestion that follows someone pointing out that there is hype and that there are unrealistic expectations. You know, like Zolman did.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/17/05 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Jumpshot:

PUMatty & dtsnms were just joking about that. Some people who are Tennessee & Candace Parker fans tend to think that those who aren't as hyped up about Candace's skills & ability to lead her team are "haters," which I think could be farther from the truth for many.

It is also the suggestion that follows someone pointing out that there is hype and that there are unrealistic expectations. You know, like Zolman did.

Matty is Shanna Zolman???

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/17/05 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Jumpshot:

Matty is Shanna Zolman???

Actually, I'm Mechelle Voepel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: