RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Luke Walton: Job was an opportunity he couldn't Pass Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/30/16 7:37 pm    ::: Luke Walton: Job was an opportunity he couldn't Pass Up Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
He has wanted the Lakers' job for as long as he could remember. It's finally his.

"I played for the Lakers and I feel part of that family. It's kind of nice to be able to go back and try to help rebuild what we used to have there," Walton said.

Walton, 36, will not run the triangle offense he played for the Lakers when Phil Jackson was his coach because it isn't the "most appropriate" for the personnel they have. He's opting instead for the space-and-pace mind-set of the Warriors.

Of course, the Lakers will have to do it with D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle — not Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.

This seems fine with Walton, who is cognizant the Lakers will have about $60 million to spend on free agents this summer. They also have a 55.8% chance at keeping their top-three protected draft pick at the May 17 lottery.

"I think they have some good, young talented players," Walton said. "Obviously, you need to mix in some good vets, not only to win but to have players on the court that can help the young players grow. I'm excited about the players and the pieces that are there. There's obviously work to do, but they've got a nice start."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-luke-walton-lakers-20160501-story.html

PostPosted: 04/30/16 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04/30/16 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think he'll last a year. He was lucky to have Kerr's system in place at Golden State to make him look good, plus Curry, Thompson, Green, etc. The Lakers have none of that right now & I think Walton's lack of experience will hurt him and send him packing by the end of the season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/21/16 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aqrdz-l7tNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqrdz-l7tNo

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: