RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Live Access 2016 (now "WNBA League Pass")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 05/13/16 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is the WNBA app on Apple TV yet, anyone know? I may not have the 4th Gen but I want to check my 3rd Gen.

PostPosted: 05/13/16 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And if anyone does have 4th gen Apple TV if they could chime in on the video quality that would be appreciated.

PostPosted: 05/13/16 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
No free trial needed for the 14th if you have espn3. All games on the 14th are on espn3.

So does that mean if you don't have espn3 you can't watch the game on League Pass?

How do you get espn3?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/13/16 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
No free trial needed for the 14th if you have espn3. All games on the 14th are on espn3.

So does that mean if you don't have espn3 you can't watch the game on League Pass?

How do you get espn3?

ESPN3 is free if you subscribe to cable that includes an ESPN channel.
You're really unfamiliar with ESPN3? I link to it frequently in the game threads.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 05/13/16 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

How do you get espn3?

You're really unfamiliar with ESPN3? I link to it frequently in the game threads.

Never used it. Guess I will have to figure out how to use it.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/13/16 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

How do you get espn3?

Never used it. Guess I will have to figure out how to use it.

You just use your cable online account email and password to log into espn3. If you don't have a online account with your cable provider, you need to register for one.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/13/16 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Espn3 was awesome during the WCBB season all the big games and small games if they a had a broadcast anywhere espn3 would show it. I swear i watched every lady vol game on ESPN3

PostPosted: 05/13/16 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But Randy, if you're buying League Pass, I'm reasonably sure you can also watch your game on there. Can you imagine League Pass selling all these subscriptions and having all the opening day games blocked? That wouldn't fly very well at all.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/14/16 6:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot how it was last season. Are games on ESPN 3 blacked out for people outside the USA aswell?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/14/16 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I forgot how it was last season. Are games on ESPN 3 blacked out for people outside the USA aswell?

They did a pretty good job last year with the region-blocking from what I remember. We got the ESPN and ESPN3 games on LiveAccess, even when they remembered to block them for Americans (or segments of Americans).

We'll see how it works out this year, but hopefully that repeats.

PostPosted: 05/14/16 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

They did a pretty good job last year with the region-blocking from what I remember. We got the ESPN and ESPN3 games on LiveAccess, even when they remembered to block them for Americans (or segments of Americans).

It's probably out of their hands (or maybe not, I'll admit I know nothing about this), but they might want to rethink the geo-blocking considering how many people are opting out of cable subscriptions and going other routes (RUKO, ChromeCast/GoogleCast, AppleTV...).

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/14/16 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Good to know. We will find out tonight then Smile

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/14/16 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

It's probably out of their hands (or maybe not, I'll admit I know nothing about this), but they might want to rethink the geo-blocking considering how many people are opting out of cable subscriptions and going other routes (RUKO, ChromeCast/GoogleCast, AppleTV...).

But that's exactly the point. Sports are the most difficult content to replace without cable and a major incentive for peope to keep cable. That's why they protect it and it would be counterproductive for them to make it easier to watch without a cable subsciption.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/14/16 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

But that's exactly the point. Sports are the most difficult content to replace without cable and a major incentive for peope to keep cable. That's why they protect it and it would be counterproductive for them to make it easier to watch without a cable subsciption.

I've wondered why ESPN doesn't try to capitalize on that and sell subscriptions to ESPN3 or WatchESPN (not sure of the exact name). I'm sure they'd make a good amount of money that way as well.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dallas v Indiana game has started but I can't get it on league pass. Is anyone else having problems

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
The Dallas v Indiana game has started but I can't get it on league pass. Is anyone else having problems

same for me Confused

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought if the game is on ESPN you cannot get the game on league pass

I am watching the game on Apple TV

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I've wondered why ESPN doesn't try to capitalize on that and sell subscriptions to ESPN3 or WatchESPN (not sure of the exact name). I'm sure they'd make a good amount of money that way as well.

Because they make more selling it to the cable and satellite companies. Those providers pay ESPN a fee to allow their subscribers to access WatchESPN online. And the deal is that the only way to get it is to buy cable.

BTW, you can get ESPN3 but not the rest of Watch ESPN through many ISPs without having a cable subscription. That used to be the only way to get it back when ESPN3 was the only ESPN online package. It used to be linked only to your ISP, not your cable. Now most people get it because of their cable subsctiption.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing on League Pass yet. Look, if they are trying to get fans then not letting people watch the games on opening day after subscribing to the service is a terrible way to do it. I'm losing my patience.

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought if the game is on ESPN you cannot get the game on league pass

I am watching the game on Apple TV

I live outside the USA. League pass says Game not yet started

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Up on LeaguePass now for me. Don't forget that WNBA games (and US sports game in general) never, ever start at the supposedly scheduled time. 10mins past the hour is the absolute earliest, except for ESPN games where they're desperately trying to make certain that games fit inside the 2-hour window.

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Up on LeaguePass now for me. Don't forget that WNBA games (and US sports game in general) never, ever start at the supposedly scheduled time. 10mins past the hour is the absolute earliest, except for ESPN games where they're desperately trying to make certain that games fit inside the 2-hour window.

Yeah its on for me now. But it has a minute delay with the espn 3 feed

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/14/16 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Yeah its on for me now. But it has a minute delay with the espn 3 feed

Yeah, I've already noticed that things seem to be happening on my twitter feed before I see them on the screen Smile. I can live with it.

PostPosted: 05/14/16 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

None of the games on League Pass working for me. Just showing the current score on that little scoreboard./

AAOK423

PostPosted: 05/14/16 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep. Not working for me either. I click on a game and nothing....not even a "this game hasn't started." It does nothing. Is there a function I need to turn on..or off or something. Please help. I don't want to miss the games that are not going to be on ESPN3. BTW, I'm just trying to watch on my laptop. Theres a section that says "my devices" and it says I have no connected devices. I don't have a Apple TV on anything like that...just a laptop. Does this mean I can't watch...I emailed help support and they said I could but I got nothing.

Last edited by AAOK423 on 05/14/16 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: