RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What's Going On At Kentucky?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridor

PostPosted: 05/18/16 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There he goes again, talking about God.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 05/20/16 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kentuckys Mitchell begins rebuilding roster with Memphis point guard

Jaida Roper, a 2016 Louisiana Tech signee, announced her intention to play for Kentucky this coming season on Twitter on Thursday night after her high school graduation. Jaida Roper was rated the 30th-best point guard in the class of 2016 by ESPN.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article78769647.html#storylink=cpy

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/20/16 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"a 2016 Louisiana Tech signee". . . . ." her intention to play for Kentucky this coming season"

Do I sense a disconnect here?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/20/16 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IIRC she signed last fall but was released from her commitment shortly after the whole mess blew up. I'm not sure about their other signees. One is from Knoxville and may be re-evaluating her status.

PostPosted: 05/20/16 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nm

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/21/16 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is a nice graphic Kentucky posted on twitter announcing her joining the team.

https://twitter.com/KentuckyWBB/status/733637257375158272

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/22/16 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can Matthew Mitchell get the UK womens program back on track?

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mark-story/article79067512.html

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/22/16 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Can Matthew Mitchell get the UK womens program back on track?

IDK, but maybe his AC's can. Smith and Elzy have apparently snared their first recruit in Roper.

http://www.lex18.com/story/32034494/jaida-roper-has-faith-in-coach-mitchell

Phil

PostPosted: 05/22/16 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Roper won't want for playing time.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 05/24/16 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lin Dunn hired as an assistant at UK.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article79531377.html

StraightFrom40216

PostPosted: 05/24/16 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article79531377.html

From a UK fan board..."One coach per player is a good ratio"

Seriously, this looks like a desperation hire to me. She's almost 70 years old and has been retired for two years. She hasn't coached in college since she left Purdue in 1996.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 05/24/16 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StraightFrom40216 wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

Seriously, this looks like a desperation hire to me. She's almost 70 years old and has been retired for two years. She hasn't coached in college since she left Purdue in 1996.

I thought she was banned from coaching in the college level

PostPosted: 05/24/16 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
StraightFrom40216 wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

I thought she was banned from coaching in the college level

For what?

ridor

PostPosted: 05/24/16 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lin Dunn is back on college level? Awesome. Always liked her spunky approach to the game. There were some rumors saying that Lin had a physical fight with her partner in the front yard of their house when she was Head Coach at Purdue. i don't know if it is true or not. Some speculated that it was MaChelle Joseph whom she & Lin had a spat. I have no idea if this is true or not. But I really liked Lin as Head Coach. She is pretty much witty person.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/24/16 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
Lin Dunn is back on college level? Awesome. Always liked her spunky approach to the game. There were some rumors saying that Lin had a physical fight with her partner in the front yard of their house when she was Head Coach at Purdue. i don't know if it is true or not. Some speculated that it was MaChelle Joseph whom she & Lin had a spat. I have no idea if this is true or not. But I really liked Lin as Head Coach. She is pretty much witty person.

Do you really think you should be throwing that out there with virtually no proof? That's a pretty damaging thing to say....

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 05/25/16 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kentucky forward Camara transfers to UConn

STORRS, Conn. (AP) Kentucky forward Batouly Camara has transferred to UConn.

Camara, who averaged 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds as a freshman, becomes the sixth Kentucky player to transfer out of the program since the start of last season. Under NCAA rules, Camara will have to sit out the 2016-17 season and will have three years of eligibility remaining.

UConn coach Geno Auriemma announced the transfer Tuesday. He says the Huskies developed a relationship with the 6-foot-2 New York City native during her original recruiting process at Blair Academy in New Jersey, where she played her high school basketball. He called her a hard worker with tremendous ability.

Camara will join former Duke forward Azura Stevens, who announced her transfer to UConn last month and also will sit out next season.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/949309b67a204ca1b10fe35dbabd1b5b/kentucky-forward-camera-transfers-uconn

BallState1984

PostPosted: 05/25/16 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ridor wrote:

Do you really think you should be throwing that out there with virtually no proof? That's a pretty damaging thing to say....

Common knowledge Lafayette police went to Lin's house more than once. And there is a reason why her contract was not renewed.

PostPosted: 05/25/16 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ridor wrote:

And even classier to bring up a rumor from 20 years ago. Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 05/25/16 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:

Camara, who averaged 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds as a freshman, becomes the sixth Kentucky player to transfer out of the program since the start of last season. Under NCAA rules, Camara will have to sit out the 2016-17 season and will have three years of eligibility remaining.

UConn coach Geno Auriemma announced the transfer Tuesday. He says the Huskies developed a relationship with the 6-foot-2 New York City native during her original recruiting process at Blair Academy in New Jersey, where she played her high school basketball. He called her a hard worker with tremendous ability.

Camara will join former Duke forward Azura Stevens, who announced her transfer to UConn last month and also will sit out next season.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/949309b67a204ca1b10fe35dbabd1b5b/kentucky-forward-camera-transfers-uconn

Nobody's suspicious that players that UConn needs to stay prominent are showing up for them as transfers? Okay

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/25/16 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

Nobody's suspicious that players that UConn needs to stay prominent are showing up for them as transfers? Okay

See my post on Camara and UConn in the Transfers thread. It's not THAT hard to understand.

PostPosted: 05/25/16 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's suspicious? Elite programs attract elite players. Why shouldn't players want to go to UConn? Why shouldn't UConn keep the lines of communication open?

Why shouldn't UConn continue to try to assemble the best roster it possibly can? Why shouldn't any school?

This is a big business, not fourth grade four-square on the blacktop.

PostPosted: 05/26/16 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StraightFrom40216 wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

According to the article she was a consultant with the team, so if she is familiar with the team and players and the players already know her it could be a good move to bring in someone the players already know and are comfortable working with and learning from.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/27/16 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reason I was wondering is aren't there some kind of tampering rules in NCAA? Intuitively, I would think that you're not allowed to try to persuade a player in another school to transfer to your school before that player makes a decision to transfer. If there are such rules, I'm not sure how'd they be enforceable. The Stevens case seems awfully suspicious, that's all I'm saying. Duke is more of an elite school education wise. Basketball career wise, UConn is more elite, but Duke grads do well too, so no real point made there.

Quote:
13.1.1.3 Four-Year College Prospective Student-Athletes.

"An athletics staff member or other representative of the institutions athletics interests shall not make contact with the student-athlete of another NCAA or NAIA four-year collegiate institution, directly or indirectly, without first obtaining the written permission of the first institutions athletics director (or an athletics administrator designated by the athletics director) to do so, regardless of who makes the initial contact. If permission is not granted, the second institution shall not encourage the transfer and the institution shall not provide athletically related financial assistance to the student-athlete until the student-athlete has attended the second institution for one academic year. If permission is granted to contact the student-athlete, all applicable NCAA recruiting rules apply. If an institution receives a written request from a student-athlete to permit another institution to contact the student-athlete about transferring, the institution shall grant or deny the request within seven business days (see Bylaw 13.02.1) of receipt of the request. If the institution fails to respond to the student-athletes written request within seven business days, permission shall be granted by default and the institution shall provide written permission to the student-athlete."

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamspt2

PostPosted: 05/27/16 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was an awful lot of 'suspicion' from non-UK fans when Samarie Walker left UCONN for UK. THAT doesn't make sense everyone said. But clearly, it makes sense why players would leave FOR UCONN. Therefore, there can't be anything amiss.

Bonus points if you can detect my sarcasm.

~UK~

PostPosted: 05/27/16 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamspt2 wrote:
There was an awful lot of 'suspicion' from non-UK fans when Samarie Walker left UCONN for UK. THAT doesn't make sense everyone said. But clearly, it makes sense why players would leave FOR UCONN. Therefore, there can't be anything amiss.

Bonus points if you can detect my sarcasm.

Well said Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: