RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016 WNBA Season Predictions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlight

PostPosted: 04/15/16 11:59 pm    ::: 2016 WNBA Season Predictions Reply Reply with quote

what a time to be alive..............its that time again.

west:
1: phx
2: Minnesota
3: Los Angeles
4: Dallas
5: Seattle
6: Sana Antonio

east:
1: Conn
2: New York
3: Chicago
4: Indiana
5:Washington
6: Atlanta

overall standings

1: phx ( get their core(2014) team and they get lucky with the injuries)
2: Minnesota ( they might get the 1 spot if the old ladies don't get injuried)
3: Los Angeles (they got the MVP)
4: Dallas (umm they got dig back and BG's former wife)
5: Conn (i think they will surprise a lot of people. look what they did last yr and they didn't even had their best player)
6:New York ( i feel like they got lucky last yr)
7: Chicago (defense)
8: Indiana( they always get in some how)
9: Seattle ( not their yet)
10: Washington (they have less talent then the above teams)
11: Atlanta (no explanation needed)
12: Sana Antonio (no explanation needed)

conn over indy
chicago over NY
Chicago over LA
Dallas over Conn

Minn over Chicago in 3

Phx over Dallas in 3

PHx over MIN in 5

awards:

MVP:

1:Candace Parker
2: Maya Moore( she seems to finish second every yr)
3: EDD
4: BG

ROY: Stewart

DPOY: fowles

so WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Last edited by jlight on 04/17/16 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirage

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree on top 4 and bottom two. After that I think it is tough but I'll take Seattle for 5--I think Stewart could be that good. Connecticut seems a wildcard. If Banham, Tuck and Jones all pan-out (or at least two out of three), they could be excellent, but none are a sure thing.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/16/16 3:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West:

1. Lynx
2. Mercury
3. Sparks
4. Dallas
5. Storm
6. Stars

East:

1. Sky
2. Fever
3. Sun
4. Liberty
5. Mystics
6. Dream

MVP. EDD
DPOY. Griner
MIP Loyd
ROY Stewart

Final: Mercury over the Lynx in 5

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 04/16/16 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EAST
1.(3) New York
2.(4) Connecticut
3.(5) Chicago
4.(7) Indiana
5.(9) Washington
6.(11) Atlanta

WEST
1.(1) Phoenix
2.(2) Minnesota
3.(6) Dallas
4.(8) Los Angeles
5.(10) Seattle
6.(12) San Antonio

FIRST ROUND
Chicago def. Los Angeles
Indiana def. Dallas

SECOND ROUND
New York def. Indiana
Chicago def. Connecticut

SEMIFINALS
Phoenix def. Chicago 3-1
New York def. Minnesota 3-2

WNBA FINALS
Phoenix def. New York 3-1

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 04/16/16 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1.Minnesota
2.Phoenix
3.Chicago
4.Indiana
5.Los Angeles
6.New York
7.Washington
8.Dallas
8.connecticut
8.Atlanta
11,Seattle
12.San Antonio

Dallas,connecticut and Atlanta will fight it out for the last playoff spot.

Minnesota,Phoenix,Los Angeles,Indiana and chicago were all compromised last season due to suspensions or players sitting out.Dallas and Connecticut will have a much tougher schedule this season.

Whichever team signs K.Lawson wil get a bump(LA,Atl,Ny)

Last edited by zune69 on 04/16/16 9:12 am; edited 7 times in total
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 04/16/16 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight, you and I have to have a heart to heart talk. No guns allowed.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/16/16 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1 Minnesota
2 Phoenix
3 Chicago
4 New York
5 Indiana
6 Washington
7 Atlanta
8 Los Angeles

9 Dallas
10 Connecticut
11 Seattle
12 San Antonio

Indiana over LA
Washington over Atlanta

Chicago over Washington
New York over Indiana

New York over Minnesota
Chicago over Phoenix

New York over Chicago

MVP Maya Moore

ROY Breanna Stewart

DPY Brittney Griner

PostPosted: 04/16/16 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's too early. Most of you guys will be changing your minds on most things before the regular season starts.

This is kind of a Freaky Friday moment with jlight picking PHX over MIN and Michelle taking MIN over PHX. I'm so confused!

With MIN, I need to see what if anything they do about the post bench situation. They seem to be taking it too lightly, which is very concerning to me. I'm not super confident on falling back on the small ball approach on the whole. That might work well against a team like Dallas, but we only play them three times. We're basically toast if Fowles goes down for a stretch of time.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/16/16 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It's too early. Most of you guys will be changing your minds on most things before the regular season starts.

This is kind of a Freaky Friday moment with jlight picking PHX over MIN and Michelle taking MIN over PHX. I'm so confused!

With MIN, I need to see what if anything they do about the post bench situation. They seem to be taking it too lightly, which is very concerning to me. I'm not super confident on falling back on the small ball approach on the whole. That might work well against a team like Dallas, but we only play them three times. We're basically toast if Fowles goes down for a stretch of time.

Quote:
Final: Mercury over the Lynx in 5

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 04/16/16 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
1 Minnesota
2 Phoenix
3 Chicago
4 New York
5 Indiana
6 Washington
7 Atlanta
8 Los Angeles

9 Dallas
10 Connecticut
11 Seattle
12 San Antonio

Indiana over LA
Washington over Atlanta

Chicago over Washington
New York over Indiana

New York over Minnesota
Chicago over Phoenix

New York over Chicago

MVP Maya Moore

ROY Breanna Stewart

DPY Brittney Griner

WHOOO picking the libs to win the title...not sure but I will say they will be stronger in the post season than the regular season but that's almost captain obvious given the Prince injury.

My Picks:

Phoenix (But not by much as you think...DT is a game changer PFT we'll see how it goes with father time...Griner will be griner, Bonner will be Bonner. but I think they will be the team to beat but Minny will be on their heels)

Minnesota: I think they see the window shrinking just a bit...Moore will always show this team at the top of the table even by herself but...age is starting to creep up on Augustus and Brunson...whalen is very soild and a full year with fowles can NOT be discounted...off the court I think the cap monster is lurking next off season so this may be an important run to make...Perkins trade gives them depth that they sometimes missed last year after some cap maneuvers. I think it's #4 or bust this year and they will play like it...PHX is the better club but it will come down to their head to head. maybe even tie breakers.

3. Chicago: Boyette falling to them gives them Fowles v2.0...but posts take 3 years to develop with the Brazillians likely out for the Olympics that's a lot on boyette and parker early...The back line and EDD are above reproach, would like to see EDD at 3 as much as possible to conserve her but they will be very high up more than people think.

--------20 win line------------------

4. Connecticut: They're very very young...but that frontline is up there with the old Atlanta frontlines that would float around in the regular season then be an absolute MENACE in the playoffs. and they're deep up front with Jones and Henry...tuck with the Knees will be interested how they balance reality with the fans, she will need time to develop and I don't think supplants any of the starters...guards are an issue but Bentley is very good and Banham will at the LEAST be a 3 bomber at most a superstar...I sense a move at some point to sure up the backline...this is a front heavy team and Miller is an outside in coach but I don't think we will see the collapases we've seen the last 2 years...they push their way through the line and likely get to 4 on some early schedule head to heads.

5. NY: Charles is Charles...and will keep this team up...still uneasy about SF cash is a good holder but you have to micromanage minutes...Zellous will help more than we know and Bulgak will be a good complimentary piece if she can perform at this level...if not that may be trouble. Backline all signs point that Boyd basically stayed home to become the starter and that can be huge. With the scoring void left by the Prince injury a slow start may be a serious issue. That said I don't think this will be a team hovering near 500 and praying for prince to give them a cannonball run after the Olympic break...there is talent here and they'll be solid...new scheduling system hurts but they have the talent to prevail.

6. Indiana: DO...NOT...COUNT...OUT...TAMIKA CATCHINGS...she will leave the WNBA on a high note. if you like it or not she WILL leave on a high note. Beyond catchings I think Achonwa will develop further and be a big asset...Johnson being legit or a 1 year wonder will be a huge question and losing Zellous hurts...this is a team between being a major contender to preparing for a major rebuild without Catchings...but catch will not play just to play they will be dangerous...a few missed games around the Olympic break due to NT commitments and likely some Age related DL trips for catch will keep them down in the 6-8 range but they will be tough to beat at full strength but that may be only half the year...500

7. Dallas: Diggins coming back healthy is key...some development from Zhaui B will also be needed. Glory may be prone to being a distraction off the court but she's very solid on it. The Johnson trade brought a veteran rudder in Phillips...something they've missed...the change away from Tulsa and the market shortcomings there will also be a positive. When at full strength they were dynamic...they hit that stride late I think and make a late run to make the playoffs.

8. LA...but barely. the log jam up front I think never really solved itself...the late run after Parker's return (hell parker's return at all) I think was as much a virtue of the Diggins injury opening a door and the lottery aggregate rule taking away any chance at stewart. this team still has major holes and while the absolute fail of the Williams trade was softened by the Gray trade...gray needs a year...not a fan of this team will have high highs and low lows and lots of drama...will make playoffs but will not be as easy as their talent level would dictate...there are some young guns ready to pass them and they will.

9. Atlanta. Post will be an issue...never really solved it and while there is some youth there youth needs to devlop...We saw the return of Lori Anne last year and I think we see more Lori Anne and less Angel this year. Disfunction junction continues with Schimmel and what condition she will play in which has got to be a concern year in and out. Rest of the team...meh...trading for Williams while having henry go to the team you were trading to was a head scratcher and will show damage early...a late run will keep them close but the new schedule will rear it's head...out on tie breakers.

10,Seattle. ALMOST had this team 6th...the gap is that narrow. Expecting Stewie to pull a Candace parker is unrealistic. I even question if she will be at 4 or will she go to 3. Langhorne is out of place at center and I can see a trade at some point if they start slow. Bird and Stewart's title to win together in 2016 will be in Rio...not Seattle... Lloyd will need to mesh better...KML has a lot to prove or should be trade fodder for a true center. will have highlight reel games but will also show their youth at times. Just too much to ask stewart and an aging bird to make this team title ready in one short year...and an Olympic year to boot. Will be better...record will be good...close to 500...but around the Olympic break they will struggle and that will be the difference maker

11. DC Meesaman is a stud...best superstar you've never heard of...the Troll Doll is a fierce center but too many question marks...Latta is a point machine but otherwise...ivory latta. Lots of parts and pieces and if anyone could bluff his way into winning with the Royal Sampler it's Thiebault but the new schedule hurts DC like no other team in the league...losing Lawson perhaps for good is a bad sign and there may even be some franchise uncertainty with the new arena talks to boot...it will be a long year but if they stay the course with Mike they will be rewarded...they need to build around Meesaman and Dolson and that's coming...but this year will be cold water in their face.

12. San Antonio. Jefferson will not be robinson...not as a rookie... but robinson went under the knife because Hughes realized that Jefferson WILL be the bright future...was wise not to trade her. Team has it's cornerstone...but it's time to rebuild...completely...Never replaced Young and they're in a holding pattern...not in it to win it...likely by design...expect some moves to get stronger for next years and the 2018 drafts...this team is under construction. Jim Lewis and the 1998 mystics may very well have something to celebrate this year, Nolan Richardson may get his 40 minutes of heaven even!. They're that bad.

PostPosted: 04/16/16 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crow will be serve to those who mistakenly discount the Mystics this upcoming 2016 WNBA Season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/16/16 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's way too early, but still fun to predict:

1 Phoenix
2 Minnesota
and 1/2 could be either way - I think depending a lot on who stays healthy, then we get a 3-6 jumble that could jumble many different ways. Most every team has question marks.
3 Chicago
4 Los Angeles
5 New York
6 Connecticut
7 Washington
8 Indiana

9 Dallas
10 Seattle
11 Atlanta
12 San Antonio

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/16/16 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1) Phoenix
2) Minnesota
3) Los Angeles
4) New York
5) Connecticut
6) Indiana
7) Chicago
Cool Seattle
9) DC
10) Dallas
11) Atlanta
12) SAS

Regarding my team, I feel they could finish realistically anywhere between 4 and 7. Even in a league that's nowhere near the watered-down version of 2015, they'll defend. Having Boyd, Z and Wright as the likely starters means they've got two better wing defenders than Piph was last year. It also means along with Charles they'll have 4 people who are threats to score on the court at the same time. With Boyd on the court last year, NY averaged 78 points per 40 minutes. And Boyd worked extensively with Spoon in the offseason.

That said, they'd have trouble sustaining an injury at point or on the wing without Piph and Allen. That's a concern. And Boyd will still have some ups and downs as she learns I'm sure. But all in all I think the upside of Boyd and Stokes will help when you consider last year they were just learning the pro game. As long as health is not an issue, Boyd, Z and Charles should all be double-digit scorers. If that's the case, it's a good way to minimize the effect of Piph's loss.

What a great year to be a season-ticket holder though. Nearly every team filled needs and got players in the draft who fit their systems. Atlanta and SAS lack some depth but still have players who'll be worth a ticket price. And everyone else has multiple talents that will be well worth it to view in person. I absolutely can't wait for the season to start. Every game is going to be a challenge with few, if any, nights off.

Regarding LA, they're interesting because they have SO much talent. They got a combo/PG in Gray and they're not coming into the season the mess they were at the start of last year. If they finish any lower than third you really have to look at things out there. They have everything talent-wise you would think you need to win. They can play big, they can play medium and they can play small. We will see how well they defend but any year where they have Parker for full seasons they tend to defend better. And they have enormous lineup flexibility. And they were 11-5 with Parker last year.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 04/17/16 7:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
colt13

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too early for me to say, as the undrafted free agents haven't signed yet, which also mean a few end of the bench trades, and then the random retirement from a vet that probably won't make a team.

But the countdown is on, and the new season will be here before we know it.

Plus it gives me a couple of more weeks to study the Olympic rosters and figure out who is showing up late from overseas play.

jlight

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
jlight, you and I have to have a heart to heart talk. No guns allowed.

Laughing Chicago over MIN in 2.

jlight

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i see alot of people are high on Conn not just me.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota won 25 games in 2014 with mccarville at center and Brunson playing only 11 games.Fowles & Brunson are a beastly combo.

jlight

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

am trying something new this yr.

jlight

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Minnesota won 25 games in 2014 with mccarville at center and Brunson playing only 11 games.Fowles & Brunson are a beastly combo.

plus we don't have to play LA, WINGS and mercry 5 times each.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/16/16 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

plus we don't have to play LA, WINGS and mercry 5 times each.

Not to mention,Fowles outplayed Griner last year in the playoffs.So whatever psychological advantage Brittney might of had over Sylvia is nonexistent.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/16/16 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why are people posting East and West - they don't matter anymore?

I think the top 2 are pretty obvious, as are the bottom 2 but I'm not going to name names. Most of the rest could end up anywhere between 3 and 10. Injuries will matter more than anything. One nice thing about this season is there seems to be no tank
worthy player out there for next year's draft so teams will probably try to win games and fans probably won't be making tanking accusations as much.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/16/16 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Crow will be serve to those who mistakenly discount the Mystics this upcoming 2016 WNBA Season.

Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/16/16 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight

PostPosted: 04/16/16 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Why are people posting East and West - they don't matter anymore?

I think the top 2 are pretty obvious, as are the bottom 2 but I'm not going to name names. Most of the rest could end up anywhere between 3 and 10. Injuries will matter more than anything. One nice thing about this season is there seems to be no tank
worthy player out there for next year's draft so teams will probably try to win games and fans probably won't be making tanking accusations as much.

great question. loved your prediction.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 04/17/16 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

STILL?! Some of you still predicting the Wings out of the playoffs this season despite the strides they made last season, Diggins back, more team experience and chemistry? Oh well, I guess we will see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: