RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016-2017 Season Injury and Attrition Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/23/16 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PrideFan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
5th year senior Alecia Bell, 6'l G from U of Delaware, transferring to D-II Lenoir-Rhyne for her final season. I've seen her play and she'll definitely benefit L-R and get more playing time there.

Interesting, I didn't realize she was also transferring. All I knew of from Delaware is that Hannah Friend received her release and will be transferring.

And I hadn't heard THAT, so we're even Laughing

PostPosted: 05/24/16 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Word is that former Kentucky F Batouly Camara is headed for UConn. Nothing official yet.

PostPosted: 05/24/16 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's out now.

UConn entering the transfer market makes me angry, though I recognize this is irrational.

PostPosted: 05/24/16 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Word is that former Kentucky F Batouly Camara is headed for UConn. Nothing official yet.

Official now. Very happy for her.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/052416aaa.html

Durantula

PostPosted: 05/24/16 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
It's out now.

UConn entering the transfer market makes me angry, though I recognize this is irrational.

UConn fans used to be holier than thou when judging other programs that nabbed transfers. I remember the big deal made when Tenn got DeShields, although even Tenn was rarely in the transfer market before then.

SCGamecock

PostPosted: 05/24/16 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
UConn fans used to be holier than thou when judging other programs that nabbed transfers. I remember the big deal made when Tenn got DeShields, although even Tenn was rarely in the transfer market before then.

I brought up this changing attitude on The Boneyard. A similar fuss was made when Gray and Davis transferred to South Carolina. A few posters even accused Dawn of recruiting players off of current rosters.. a bunch of unfair low blows.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot I'm looking forward to them being more modest when news breaks of a player transferring to another top 15 program..

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/24/16 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jaiden McCoy, 6'3 PF, commits to VA Tech and Kenny Brooks. Out of Farragut, TN and IIRC had previously committed to LA Tech before that blew up. She can play this year. This was the girl I was wondering about earlier. That's two recruits LA Tech has lost.

PostPosted: 05/24/16 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
It's out now.

It doesn't me. Instead I find it curious that UConn has now added three players who they didn't find to be worth giving the time of day when they were coming out of high school.

That doesn't strike me as a sign of strength.

Seems to raise a question of why this has become necessary.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/24/16 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Batouly Camara's final choice was between UConn and Kentucky. So in her case, it's more of a Michelle Marciniak situation...buyer's remorse.

PostPosted: 05/24/16 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCGamecock wrote:

Now that the shoe is on the other foot I'm looking forward to them being more modest when news breaks of a player transferring to another top 15 program..

I wouldn't count on that.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/24/16 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NM

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/25/16 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

News per Chris Roemer Twitter - Gabby Green to transfer from Cal.

Secondary news she is not going to Uconn but per some fans it is still Genos fault Laughing

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 05/25/16 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Secondary news she is not going to Uconn but per some fans it is still Genos fault Laughing

Damn that Chris Dailey. Wink

PostPosted: 05/25/16 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Does this mean that we will have Cal fans being unreasonably optimistic about winning the Pac-12 despite the departure of a key player? (See: Jefflo last season.)

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 05/25/16 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
It's out now.

It doesn't me. Instead I find it curious that UConn has now added three players who they didn't find to be worth giving the time of day when they were coming out of high school.

I believe Stevens picked Duke at a young age, maybe Geno didn't get the chance to look at her.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/25/16 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
It's out now.

I believe Stevens picked Duke at a young age, maybe Geno didn't get the chance to look at her.

There's nothing stopping a coach from looking and offering if they're interested. Stevens wasn't hotly recruited.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 05/25/16 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
It's out now.

There's nothing stopping a coach from looking and offering if they're interested. Stevens wasn't hotly recruited.

If a kid is off the market, it's kind of wrong to still contact them.
IM in OC

PostPosted: 05/25/16 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

2nd McDonald's AA that left under coach Gottlieb.
Maybe they should nickname Cal-- In N Out?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/25/16 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

That is some nice West Coast humor there. They have In N Out in Arizona, too! They actually extend as far East as Texas.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/26/16 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Queenie wrote:
It's out now.

I guess the character assassination of transfers by UConn fans will stop now that Geno is back in the business taking transfers himself.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/26/16 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Does anyone have any information on Cal State Fullerton. They had 12 players on their roster last season, no seniors and they currently have 6 players on their roster for 2016-2017. I found information on 3 players, 2 transfer for a DII school in Florida, the other has a full release, but I haven't found anything on where she is transferring to. They lost 4 of their top 5 scorers (not counting a player that left in the middle of the season because family issues) and 2 coaches.

I am surprised they still have their head coach, considering the record of the team since he has been there. However, I doubt CSF did very much vetting on the hiring process when he was hired.

Michele Berry, who was a freshman last year, is a talented player. She is one of the players gone.

All 3 coaches have left according to the release on the website. And it says they are looking to sign 3-5 players this summer. Other than the press release I haven't heard any news about the program, but I would love to see them turn it around soon, it's a shame to see the current state of the program.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/26/16 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
It's out now.

If a kid is off the market, it's kind of wrong to still contact them.

No, actually it's not. Not at all.

The rules are quite clear that a "verbal" has no meaning or effect. It's a fiction. Until the LOI is signed, there's no such thing as a "commitment" and no one is "off the market".

Heck, it's even explained right on the official NLI website FAQ:

"Can I make a verbal commitment to a school and sign an NLI with a different school?

Yes. A verbal committment, stating publicly one's intentions to attend a certain institution, is a non-binding, oral agreement between you and the institution. The only binding nature of the commitment is your word and the institution's promise. The NLI program does not recognize verbal commitments. It is not uncommon for a student to verbally commit to one institution and subsequently sign an NLI with another institution. And, on some occasions, a school may accept your verbal commitement and later offer the NLI to another prospective student-athlete.
"

Despite what some fans might think, coaches are all well aware of this. I forget who the famous football coach was who described the effect of a verbal as "now I know who the competition is."

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/26/16 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Does this mean that we will have Cal fans being unreasonably optimistic about winning the Pac-12 despite the departure of a key player? (See: Jefflo last season.)

You made me spill my coffee, good one Laughing

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/26/16 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

And another good one Laughing

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/26/16 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guard Jess Walter, transfer from Indiana, to Omaha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: