RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 03/22/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond's transition from college to the pros will be much smoother than Plum/Mitchell.Deshields isn't a ball dominate or high volume shooting basketball player.This will work in her favor as a rookie.There will be a greater adjustment period for Plum & Mitchell.Both are ball dominate,high volume shooters.They'll have to rain it in at the next level.

Fg apg:
Plum-20.3
Mitchell-17.5
Deshields-14.5

APG:
Plum-4.8
Diamond-3.8
Mitchell-3.8

Deshields will need to tighten up her ball handling,and improve her shot selection.She committed 19 more turnovers than Mitchell.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/22/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ruth Riley & VJ probably will select Plum at #1 unless they get a trade proposal that will knock them off their feet. I'm guessing Fred Williams wants DeShields because she's similar to McCoughtry who he coached while with Atlanta but Chicago has the 2nd selection. I wonder what Chicago would want from Dallas in a trade for the 2nd selection if Fred Williams and Dallas want DeShields, the 3rd selection and what else ?

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/22/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Ruth Riley & VJ probably will select Plum at #1 unless they get a trade proposal that will knock them off their feet. I'm guessing Fred Williams wants DeShields because she's similar to McCoughtry who he coached while with Atlanta but Chicago has the 2nd selection. I wonder what Chicago would want from Dallas in a trade for the 2nd selection if Fred Williams and Dallas want DeShields, the 3rd selection and what else ?

I'd ask for Christmas...

zune69

PostPosted: 03/22/17 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

Christmas for Deshields ?....Dallas makes this trade with no hesitation.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/22/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

What would be more realistic? And please don't say Glory Johnson.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/22/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

#3/Christmas for #2 & Young.or Quigley.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/22/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

I would mention Aerial Powers, the 3rd and 10th selection of the 1st round but Powers is rehabbing from hip surgery. Chicago could ask for the 3rd, 10th and a player (Christmas) or the 3rd selection of the 1st round and Glory Johnson if Dallas wants the 2nd pick to select DeShields.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/22/17 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

I would mention Aerial Powers, the 3rd and 10th selection of the 1st round but Powers is rehabbing from hip surgery. Chicago could ask for the 3rd, 10th and a player (Christmas) or the 3rd selection of the 1st round and Glory Johnson if Dallas wants the 2nd pick to select DeShields.

Why would Dallas give up so much for the 2nd pick when they can just draft Mitchell with the 3rd pick ?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/22/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Mitchell declares...

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 03/22/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If Mitchell declares...

If Mitchell doesn't declare,chicago would be crazy to trade Deshields.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/22/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If Mitchell declares...

Then the Sky should draft her.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/22/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophie Brunner forced to look to next chapter of basketball career after Arizona State loss

http://www.rrstar.com/sports/20170320/sophie-brunner-forced-to-look-to-next-chapter-of-basketball-career-after-arizona-state-loss

Quote:
And while Brunner's college career has ended, her playing days may not have. She hopes to get drafted into the WNBA or play overseas professionally. But she hasn't had much time to think about it all, yet.

"Those are the kinds of things you put off until you are done," Brunner said. "Well, I guess I'm done, so now's the time, huh? It's just hitting me like a bus."

Quote:
By the numbers: Sophie Brunner

4: Straight NCAA Tournament berths for ASU's during her tenure.

3: Points short of forcing OT against No. 1 South Carolina on Sunday.

2: Wins shy of 100 for ASU while she's has been there.

1: Month of college left before she hopes to be drafted into the WNBA or find a home on a professional team overseas.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/22/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

Why would Dallas give up so much for the 2nd pick when they can just draft Mitchell with the 3rd pick ?

I'm not sure Mitchell will declare but even if she does declare could she share the ball with Diggins or would Fred Williams rather have a player (DeShields) similar to McCoughtry.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/22/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jimmy’s blog: Should Diamond stay at UT or go WNBA?

http://www.sportsradiownml.com/2017/03/22/jimmys-blog-should-diamond-stay-at-ut-or-go-wnba/

Quote:
Tennessee’s athletic fourth-year junior forward has been projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming WNBA draft.

Quote:
Tennessee coach Holly Warlick told me recently she has talked to both DeShields and 6-6 center Mercedes Russell about the merits of making a run to the Final Four versus going the play-for-pay route.

Warlick hopes the prospects of cutting down the nets for the program’s ninth national championship will outweigh the merits of playing in the WNBA.

Quote:
DeShields is an anomaly. She is a great athlete, but not a great basketball player. She has a killer pull-up jump shot and can be lethal in transition, but she makes too many silly mistakes, too many silly turnovers, too many silly fouls, too many silly defensive lapses.

She is too inconsistent to be put in the class with former UT greats Chamique Holdsclaw and Bridgette Gordon and Tamika Catchings and Candace Parker.

Quote:
I asked former Lady Vol great Kara Lawson, who excels as an ESPN analyst, if she thought DeShields should turn pro?

“That’s really an individual decision,’’ said Lawson, who played on three Final Four teams at Tennessee. “Is she good enough to play in the WNBA? Yes. But I don’t know her academic situation or what her goals are outside of basketball.’’

zune69

PostPosted: 03/22/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

I'm not sure Mitchell will declare but even if she does declare could she share the ball with Diggins or would Fred Williams rather have a player (DeShields) similar to McCoughtry.

Dallas would definitely want Deshields.I have no problem with what dallas is giving up in any of your trade proposals.I just think the wings aren't getting enough in return.Chicago would need to give up more than just the #2 pick.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/22/17 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I'd ask for Christmas...

#3/Christmas for #2 & Young.or Quigley.

Oh, of course. I was under the assumption the hypothetical proposal already included #3. I'd like Powers too but not sure if she would fit well in Chicago, I'd rather go for the steady hand during this rebuilding phase tbh.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/22/17 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing at H.Warlick.Uconn will be cutting down the nets in 2018.Te'a Cooper is nothing special...8.6p/2.1a/1.9r/1.2s/2.7t/37%/26%/72% in 22.1 minutes as a freshman.Cooper is one of the most hardest workers i've ever seen.But her athletic ability and basketball skills are lacking.I feel bad for even saying that.If Schimmel,Adams and Paris had Cooper's work ethic they'd be perennial all-stars.If Deshields returns for a 5th season she won't be a top 2 pick.Wilson and G.Williams will definitely go before Deshields.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/22/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Jimmy’s blog: Should Diamond stay at UT or go WNBA?

http://www.sportsradiownml.com/2017/03/22/jimmys-blog-should-diamond-stay-at-ut-or-go-wnba/

Quote:
Tennessee’s athletic fourth-year junior forward has been projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming WNBA draft.

Quote:
Tennessee coach Holly Warlick told me recently she has talked to both DeShields and 6-6 center Mercedes Russell about the merits of making a run to the Final Four versus going the play-for-pay route.

Warlick hopes the prospects of cutting down the nets for the program’s ninth national championship will outweigh the merits of playing in the WNBA.

Quote:
DeShields is an anomaly. She is a great athlete, but not a great basketball player. She has a killer pull-up jump shot and can be lethal in transition, but she makes too many silly mistakes, too many silly turnovers, too many silly fouls, too many silly defensive lapses.

She is too inconsistent to be put in the class with former UT greats Chamique Holdsclaw and Bridgette Gordon and Tamika Catchings and Candace Parker.

Quote:
I asked former Lady Vol great Kara Lawson, who excels as an ESPN analyst, if she thought DeShields should turn pro?

“That’s really an individual decision,’’ said Lawson, who played on three Final Four teams at Tennessee. “Is she good enough to play in the WNBA? Yes. But I don’t know her academic situation or what her goals are outside of basketball.’’

There's no guarantee if DeShields goes back to school she'll be the 1st selection in the 2018 WNBA Draft. I watch the ESPN documentary about the Florida Gators 2 in a row Men's BB Championships, Joakim Noah could've been the 1st selection in the 2006 NBA Draft, Noah came back for the 2nd Championship Season and ended up being the 9th selection in 2007 NBA Draft.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/22/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If both Mitchell and Deshields declare and Dallas want Deshields I would offer

Christmas and #3 to SA for #1

If I'm SA I take it, Christmas becomes the starter at the 3 next to McBride and Jefferson at the 1 and 2, then SA drafts whoever is left between Plum at Mitchell at #3 to come off the bench as instant offense, and can still get a post, wing or guard at #5. While Dallas gets Deshields at #1 and can grab whoever they prefer between Coates and B. Jones at #4

SA
Jefferson/Colson
McBride/#3 Plum or Mitchell
Christmas/Currie/#5 Coffey
Harrison/Dos Santos/Hamby
Alexander/Desouza

Dallas
Diggins/Bias
#1 Deshields/Phillips
Powers/Hopper
GloJo/Plaisance
Paris/#4 Coates/Hamblin

And with #10 maybe someone likes Epps, Weiss or Allen

I think both teams look pretty good,

the only fly in the ointment would be if Mitchell doesn't declare than SA would be looking at SWK or A. Jones at #3 I'm not sure I do it if I'm SA without Plum or Mitchell available at #3 though both SWK and A. Jones as a bench guard is still pretty good.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/23/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not buying into the notion that Dallas is desperate for DeShields at all. They already have Christmas, Powers, and Hooper. They're a bit thin at guard. And Phillips could be putting herself in harm's way with this new sport. I say Dallas takes whatever falls their way, and the more that declare early, the happier they'll be.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/23/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I'm not buying into the notion that Dallas is desperate for DeShields at all. They already have Christmas, Powers, and Hooper. They're a bit thin at guard. And Phillips could be putting herself in harm's way with this new sport. I say Dallas takes whatever falls their way, and the more that declare early, the happier they'll be.

I think Shatori Walker-Kimbrough will be a better match for a backcourt duo with Diggins than a Mitchell/ Diggins backcourt duo if Dallas doesn't want to go for DeShields.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/23/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Shades wrote:

I think Shatori Walker-Kimbrough will be a better match for a backcourt duo with Diggins than a Mitchell/ Diggins backcourt duo if Dallas doesn't want to go for DeShields.

On offense i do agree as far as ball movement and fluid offense but fred has never been a coach of fluid offense so Mitchell & diggins will be right up his alley Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/23/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Fun with comparisons

ceiling vs basement

Plum Hammon and Schimmel
DD McCoughtry and Hayes
Mitchell Cappie/Loyd and Sims/R. Williams

Wait, wait, wait...You're saying Diamond is AT WORST a Tiffany Hayes, and Mitchell is at least as good as Sims...but Kelsey Plum might be Shoni Schimmel? Are you on meth?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/23/17 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Fun with comparisons

ceiling vs basement

Plum Hammon and Schimmel
DD McCoughtry and Hayes
Mitchell Cappie/Loyd and Sims/R. Williams

Wait, wait, wait...You're saying Diamond is AT WORST a Tiffany Hayes, and Mitchell is at least as good as Sims...but Kelsey Plum might be Shoni Schimmel? Are you on meth?

1. Don't take shit so serious
2. Yeah I guess I could have put lower basements for Mitchell and Deshields would A. Riley and T. Jackson and C. Jeffery and A. Montgomery work better?
3. Schimmel was really good when she came into the W, you're over reacting a little because you're thinking Schimmel now not Schimmel as a W rookie or senior at Louisville

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/23/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My sense of humor rarely hits without inflection. I actually found it funny, Hayes and Sims are career starters, and Schimmel is...not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 48 of 73

Jump to: