RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Paul McCartney Can't Drive Sue Bird's Car

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/07/05 1:55 pm    ::: Paul McCartney Can't Drive Sue Bird's Car Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I am a little disappointed that I missed the big game, but lucky for me I'm not a HUGE football fan. I was sad that I missed the halftime show until I found out it was Paul McCartney. Something tells me he doesn't shake it like some of the previous performers, although I bet my mom really liked it Smile.

Ouch! Shocked Maybe Sue's just tired of hearing "Back in the U.S.S.R." being played wherever she goes... Oh well, Live and Let Die. Razz

Sue's not as kind to public transportation either... Arrow

Quote:
Two weeks ago I took my first overnight train ride ever. Not as exciting as one might think, but it was full of surprises and left me with a sore back and a bump on my head. From what I understand, neither is very surprising, but who knew that injuries came with the ticket.

At some point in the night, the the train stopped short, sending my DVD player flying right into my HEAD! Then it hit the ground and woke up everyone in my car, except for Kamila (Vodichkova), of course, who was smart enough put in her ear plugs. Gotta love public transportation!

Hope your head gets better Sue! Wink

And in other news...

Quote:
Sue can't take the Snow Arrow

When it's snowing, or right after it has finished snowing, I have to walk around with my hands over my face because the wind blows it right up your nose and into your eyes.

The walk from my apartment to the gym takes a total of 2 and 1/2 minutes. Before leaving, I put on thermols, sweatpants, a t-shirt, a long sleeve t shirt, a hooded sweatshirt, my big, red puffy coat, gloves, a hat, long socks and shoes. Even with all of those layers, I still have to run sometimes. The headphone cord for my iPod freezes, and so does my hair if I've just gotten out of the shower. It is like physical pain.

Quote:
When it comes to choosing your bed, you can immediately tell who is a veteran and who is a rookie.

Quote:
And the Policemen beat up Samara Exclamation

The second major event was our game against Samara. I mentioned in my last journal that Sheryl Swoopes played for this team. Well, I came to learn that they not only have Sheryl, but they also have DeMya Walker, Ann Wauters, Svetlana Abrosimova and Maria Steponova. And those are just the WNBA players. Add three Russian National team members and the starting point guard for the French national team. Yup, this team is STACKED! Very 2004 Los Angeles Lakers! And from the time the jump ball went up until about eight minutes remained in the fourth quarter (yup, they play quarters over here), they were kicking our butts. We were down by 20 points at halftime and their largest lead was 26. We could not stop them! I don't know about anyone else, but I was embarrassed to be losing like that on our home court.

But midway through the final quarter, everything changed. We began to play like we had nothing to lose and they were playing like the game was already over. They couldn't stop Mwadi (Mabika), who had about 13 points in that quarter alone, and when Elena (Baranova) hit a 3-pointer with 1:30 remaining, it was a whole new ball game. It went back and forth after that and we eventually had the last laugh and won by two points! I've never seen a coaching staff and management so happy in my life. It felt good to be able to come back and win, but there was obviously something wrong if we were able to go down 20 so easily.

http://www.wnba.com/features/bird_russia_3.html

herrade

PostPosted: 02/07/05 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
It felt good to be able to come back and win, but there was obviously something wrong if we were able to go down 20 so easily. .

Actually, that's considered normal if you play for a New York team...

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/07/05 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy, where do you find these pictures lol
It's totally normal for a NY team, it's always a win is a win is a win, nobody detects trends in close wins or close losses for that matter (just ask the Knicks).

PostPosted: 02/08/05 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks BCBG, I try Razz

Speaking of the Superbowl.... Arrow

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/08/05 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the article discussing censorship, but they have no problems with that Skyy Vodka ad (see Admiral's message) which also appeared in ESPN The Magazine.

If only men were objectified that way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: