RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pick the Expansion Draft Choices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 11/15/05 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love to see Spoon back in the WNBA, but I don't think its going to happen

caune

PostPosted: 11/15/05 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
caune wrote:
I have them taking our Angel Crying or Very sad

Our Angel? Sportsfan/JCW?

Hey they could do worse;) She can still shoot ya know!

PostPosted: 11/15/05 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
pilight wrote:

I didn't think Phoenix was that tough. Gwen Jackson is alot better than Williams or Wright, IMO.

You are incorrectly assuming those were the only choices.

Well, no. I assume there are even worse choices, like Robinson or Snell, that don't even bear serious mention.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I see most everybody picked Pierson to be picked by Chicago. If I am Chicago and I can choose between Farris and Pierson, I pick Farris. Especially if I can get Gwen Jackson from Phoenix.

Farris is a UFA though.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 11/15/05 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
I would love to see Spoon back in the WNBA, but I don't think its going to happen

I wouldn't want to see her back as a player, if she's a assistant coach then that's cool.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
pilight wrote:

I didn't think Phoenix was that tough. Gwen Jackson is alot better than Williams or Wright, IMO.

You are incorrectly assuming those were the only choices.

Well, no. I assume there are even worse choices, like Robinson or Snell, that don't even bear serious mention.

Can we qualify that to read "in your opinon". I don't like having my choices put down as "not even bearing serious mention."

BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/15/05 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan14 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
I see most everybody picked Pierson to be picked by Chicago. If I am Chicago and I can choose between Farris and Pierson, I pick Farris. Especially if I can get Gwen Jackson from Phoenix.

Farris is a UFA though.

Yup, my bad. She's high on my futile UFA list tho.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Disappointing that you've rushed to judgement on Snell off the back of what was a fairly difficult rookie season in a team that had to deal with some important absences. Sad

PostPosted: 11/15/05 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Blimp wrote:
pilight wrote:

Disappointing that you've rushed to judgement on Snell off the back of what was a fairly difficult rookie season in a team that had to deal with some important absences. Sad

Hence my comment about "in your opinion". I put Snell down as a good choice for Chicago.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/15/05 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't pick her cuz I thought she was protected.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:
I would not be surprized if they pulled T-Spoon back for a season just to help with building "team"

F_Blaze_Coalition might have some more comments on this, but T-Spoon with Chicago, whether in a coaching or playing capacity, might be the only way to get her back to Madison Square Garden next year.

Why, what have you heard? I heard a few things from a lot of different people.

1. Spoon wants nothing to do with the Libs in any capacity as long as certain people are still around.

2. Blaze refuses to retire her jersey.

3. Spoon has no problem with the Libs.

4. Blaze hasn't decided on whether or not to honor Spoon in some way because she has sent out feelers to other people who have told her that Spoon doesn't want to be bothered because she doesn't feel it would be genuine and doesn't want to be used as some marketing ploy. - this I kind of believe

5. Blaze would love to retire her jersey.

6. Some fans have already asked the team about it and received no response, an unsure response or a response that it's not going to happen. Other fans have threatened to petition the team if Spoon's not honored by the end of next season.

7. Blaze will only honor Spoon if she doesn't go somewhere else.

8. Spoon's being stubborn.

9. The situation hasn't been addressed yet.

10. Both sides refuse to talk to the other.

I really don't know which to believe. Some people say it's no big deal, they've made up and if and when Spoon officially retires, Blaze will officially retire her jersey. Other people say that neither of them are on speaking terms.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/15/05 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Can we qualify that to read "in your opinon". I don't like having my choices put down as "not even bearing serious mention."

I don't see such a qualifier as neccessary, any more than you needed one when saying...

Quote:
If Mike T protects Wyckoff, I don't see anyone of real value being exposed to Chicago from CT.

It doesn't bother me that you think my choice from Conn has no "real value". You're entitled to your opinion whether you label it explicitly as such or not.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I don't see such a qualifier as neccessary, any more than you needed one when saying...

Quote:
If Mike T protects Wyckoff, I don't see anyone of real value being exposed to Chicago from CT.

It doesn't bother me that you think my choice from Conn has no "real value". You're entitled to your opinion whether you label it explicitly as such or not.

I said "I don't see" you said "there are no candidates worthy of mention". One is an opinion, one is a fact. Big difference.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because pilight is saying it, it can automatically be attributed as his opinion. He will post a link when it's a fact Very Happy

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Pilight, Jia was not protected.

Shocked

Well it is Trudi...
dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
Because pilight is saying it, it can automatically be attributed as his opinion. He will post a link when it's a fact Very Happy

who's side are you on anyway? Laughing

Whenever pilight speaks it's thought to be fact!

Alepp03

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm on the side with better ice cream and Sheryl Swoopes cus she's better than any of your basketball players.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:
I would not be surprized if they pulled T-Spoon back for a season just to help with building "team"

F_Blaze_Coalition might have some more comments on this, but T-Spoon with Chicago, whether in a coaching or playing capacity, might be the only way to get her back to Madison Square Garden next year.

I heard a few things from a lot of different people.

The truth is in there somewhere. Why don't we just ask eveneight or whatever alias the organization was posting under?

I'm leaning towards it not being addressed yet because wouldn't Blaze look stupid announcing she's retiring Spoon's jersey if the media and fans only going to turn and ask when Spoon retired?

It's assumed that since she has moved on and settled into life after professional basketball and that there isn't a market for her services, that she is retired. If it walks and talks like a duck, why can't the duck have one of her people type up a statement?

I know we all like Spoon a lot more than we like Blaze, but judging by the facts; driving by MSG to scoop up Miko and Mique, rolling with Becky, not attending Liberty games at all; it has to go both ways. Unless she was blackballed from MSG which we know wasn't the case.

Spoon in Chicago doesn't sound bad. Doubt it will happen.

Keegan

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rothum wrote:
I think Chicago is going to pull some players from the shadows Like Jessica Moore and Erin Phillips.

I concur. I have heard rumours of "interesting" picks.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But will Spoon officially announce anything regarding her retirement? Does she feel like it needs to be announced?
If she doesn't do that, she leaves FFO no option other than ignoring her for the time being until she says something that leaves no doubt about what her plans are. I believe, in this case, FFO will do the right thing that is retiring her jersey and honoring her. WHEN she retires officially.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There you go. I don't think Blaze has any malicious intent regarding Spoon. I hope for her own sake she doesn't. In fact, she's been just the opposite when asked by the media. She won't stfu about how tough that decision was. If it was such a touch decision, it can't be a stretch to think she'd like to reconcile it somehow. I think Spoon's the one that is having the reservations, isn't being clear or just likes to have the ball in her court.

bullsky

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Jia not protected? That SHOCKS me. But hey, im happy. Once again, another blunder for Trudi. I rate this one an 8.5. Does anyone else have any other idea of picks? Cam seems to always know the insiders stuff, where do you get this info? You should start sharing it with Chicago fans all across this board Laughing

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Cam seems to always know the insiders stuff, where do you get this info?

Thank you, Streaks.

And in light of the other discussions today (vis-a-vis Admiral), it is nice to know people prefer substantive information over colors and emoticons.

Keegan

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Rothum wrote:
I think Chicago is going to pull some players from the shadows Like Jessica Moore and Erin Phillips.

I concur. I have heard rumours of "interesting" picks.

I retract this comment in light of further information I have received Wink
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 11/15/05 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
But will Spoon officially announce anything regarding her retirement? Does she feel like it needs to be announced?
If she doesn't do that, she leaves FFO no option other than ignoring her for the time being until she says something that leaves no doubt about what her plans are. I believe, in this case, FFO will do the right thing that is retiring her jersey and honoring her. WHEN she retires officially.

I don't know why she hasn't announced anything. I could see if she were acting like she still wanted to play and she isn't. I'm amazed that she isn't to be honest. But you can't convince me that Blaze doesn't know how to reach Spoon and ask her what the deal is or that she doesn't already know. No FBC member can convince me of that.

Like I said, the only way I can believe Spoon doesn't want her moment to bask in the glow is if she feels FFO is just using her to bump up ticket sales. When have we ever known Spoon to not like the spotlight before this year?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: