RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

idiot people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 02/19/16 6:49 am    ::: idiot people Reply Reply with quote

Rare Franciscana dolphin dies when plucked out of the ocean and paraded to tourists for selfies

PostPosted: 02/19/16 9:02 am    ::: Re: idiot people Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Rare Franciscana dolphin dies when plucked out of the ocean and paraded to tourists for selfies

Revolting and nauseating doesn't begin to describe my feelings.

Our country and world is f!!!ked up. End of times ain't that far away for how we currently know life to be.. regardless of which figurehead gets the electoral votes in November.

www.barnstormingamerica.net
sambista

PostPosted: 02/19/16 9:11 am    ::: Re: idiot people Reply Reply with quote

HistoryWomensBasketball wrote:
sambista wrote:

Revolting and nauseating doesn't begin to describe my feelings.

Our country and world is f!!!ked up. End of times ain't that far away for how we currently know life to be.. regardless of which figurehead gets the electoral votes in November.

i'm with you, brother. this happened in argentina, btw.

isis or whoever could do serious damage by offering a free app that makes taking selfies better but contains something harmful. i'm really up to here with people who're so self-absorbed taking their own photos and posting all over the planet that they can't live in the moment with real folk.

Last edited by sambista on 02/19/16 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
HistoryWomensBasketball

PostPosted: 02/19/16 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though it happened elsewhere it just shows to me how our world has gotten so self absorbed without regard for anything but "I" and the immediate moment.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/19/16 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though it happened elsewhere it just shows to me how our world has gotten so self absorbed without regard for anything but "I" and the immediate moment.

we don't have a monopoly on stupid, but what's sad is that so many people in other countries so want to be like us, like we're some shining, elevated example of humankind.

PostPosted: 02/19/16 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

we don't have a monopoly on stupid, but what's sad is that so many people in other countries so want to be like us, like we're some shining, elevated example of humankind.

Yeah, I don't get it. 2 of the people that get the most media attention in our country and have the biggest followings in their respective area's are Donald Trump and Kanye West.

SMH..

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/19/16 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

disgrace, outrage, sickening....

PostPosted: 02/19/16 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently, the creature was already deceased prior to the photo op. But it does represent a disturbing human indulgence, and is much like the asshats killing big game for trophies.

RE:
Quote:
i'm really up to here with people who're so self-absorbed taking their own photos and posting all over the planet that they can't live in the moment with real folk.

....I don't remember now if I shared this previously, but a couple of week ago, I saw the irony of this trend epitomized while out with friends at a microbrewery; a handsome middle-aged couple was seated right next to us, sitting across from each other. They ordered soon after we did, and proceeded to both become self-absorbed in their smart-phones. I was sitting less than 3 feet from them, and even though our table was lively with conversation, I could tell the couple was not speaking at all. Then, maybe a half hour into the time, she gets up, stands beside him and snaps a selfie (he snaps one, too). She sits down again, and they both continue their silent togetherness, each on their own devices. I'm thinking, they'll both undoubtedly post their "smiling selfie" somewhere, to show all their friends what a Fine Time they were having. And maybe--in their own minds--it WAS just that. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/20/16 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we've already hashed out how I feel about human's mistreating animals. .. Wink

Just disgusting. This isn't the first case either, there's another couple that did this to a full grown dolphin earlier this week.

PostPosted: 02/20/16 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Apparently, the creature was already deceased prior to the photo op. But it does represent a disturbing human indulgence, and is much like the asshats killing big game for trophies.

RE:
Quote:
i'm really up to here with people who're so self-absorbed taking their own photos and posting all over the planet that they can't live in the moment with real folk.

....I don't remember now if I shared this previously, but a couple of week ago, I saw the irony of this trend epitomized while out with friends at a microbrewery; a handsome middle-aged couple was seated right next to us, sitting across from each other. They ordered soon after we did, and proceeded to both become self-absorbed in their smart-phones. I was sitting less than 3 feet from them, and even though our table was lively with conversation, I could tell the couple was not speaking at all. Then, maybe a half hour into the time, she gets up, stands beside him and snaps a selfie (he snaps one, too). She sits down again, and they both continue their silent togetherness, each on their own devices. I'm thinking, they'll both undoubtedly post their "smiling selfie" somewhere, to show all their friends what a Fine Time they were having. And maybe--in their own minds--it WAS just that. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

it's so sad. my nephew didn't understand when i insisted he put down his phone while we were eating at a nice restaurant he could never afford and i was treating him to, and after not seeing him for years. in retrospect, i'm not so shocked. but i wasn't prepared to see this . . . affliction . . . take hold among people my age.

PostPosted: 04/06/17 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04/06/17 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hockey Pucks! Every one of them! (In tribute to Don.)

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: