RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

David Blatt fired as Cavaliers coach, per sources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/22/16 4:32 pm    ::: David Blatt fired as Cavaliers coach, per sources Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired coach David Blatt, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The title-hopeful Cavaliers lead the Eastern Conference at 30-11 but were blown out by the defending champion Golden State Warriors earlier this week.

Blatt leaves the Cavaliers, his first NBA coaching job, with a 83-40 record.

Yahoo! Sports first reported Blatt's firing.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14627529/david-blatt-fired-cleveland-cavaliers-coach

I guess that drubbing on their own home court at the hands of the defending champions is the main reason. That, and there is a better coach out there name Thibodeau. They should grab him if they can.

PostPosted: 01/22/16 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA now31 seconds ago
Assistant Ty Lue has agreed to a multi-year deal as new Cavaliers head coach, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

PostPosted: 01/22/16 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixYS
Blatt took most of the blame for Cleveland's weaknesses the last two years. Pressure squarely on LBJ and the players now.

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixYS
Ty Lue a sharp, rising star as an assistant but not sure why the Cavs rushed to give him a multiyear deal. Close bond w/LBJ likely a factor.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA
CLE is 30-11 w/ Kyrie having missed most of season, Moz recovering slowly, Shump missed games, etc. Predictable end game, bizarre timing.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Since last season, LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul have been strong advocates of Lue becoming head coach, league sources tell Yahoo

PostPosted: 01/22/16 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/22/16 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if James's career would look any different if he hadn't tried to play GM so much?

toad455

PostPosted: 01/22/16 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James is such a DIVA. Everyone knows he got Blatt fired. Blatt will be hired by someone ASAP.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 01/23/16 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Cavs GM sounded like a total dick in his press conference.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/23/16 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no hiding behind something now Lebron. Ow wait next scape goat will be Kevin Love..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 01/24/16 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
There is no hiding behind something now Lebron. Ow wait next scape goat will be Kevin Love..

was just thinking this. I guess Love will be gone after this season. You can tell Lebron doesn't like playing with him.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/24/16 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

was just thinking this. I guess Love will be gone after this season. You can tell Lebron doesn't like playing with him.

It's weird. The best passes that Lebron receives are the outlet passes from Love leading to easy dunks. But lebron is just to busy with his own showing off and celebrating his dunks.

The Cavaliers are not going anywhere if they dont use Love more now Irving is back. Heck even JR Smith is taking more shots right now and we all know that JR is going to choke under pressure in the playoffs..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/26/16 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NBA coaches are not happy about the Cavaliers’ firing of David Blatt

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks Coach Rick Carlisle, who spoke on the matter for more than five minutes Friday evening, had some particularly harsh words.

“It’s a shocker. It’s just a real shocker,” Carlisle told the Dallas Morning News.

“He’s done some phenomenal things adjusting to this league. I’m embarrassed for our league that something like this could happen. It’s just bizarre. Now is Tyronn Lue going to coach the All-Star Game? It just leaves you with a bit of an empty feeling. Because Blatt’s a great guy and he did a great job there.”

San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich expressed similar remorse, though he sounded a more jaded tone that suggested he wouldn’t be surprised by anything anymore.

“All of us in the business know how it works,” Popovich said before Friday’s Spurs victory against the Lakers. “We all feel badly when it happens to a colleague. [Blatt] is a heck of a coach [but] circumstances often dictate what happens to certain coaches that have nothing to do with their record.”

<embed><iframe width="619" height="348" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2dCyi0CWUbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/2dCyi0CWUbk

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/01/24/nba-coaches-react-to-cavaliers-firing-of-david-blatt/

PostPosted: 01/26/16 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

David Blatt's camp reportedly believes his firing was '1,000 percent’ because of LeBron James

Quote:
But one source close to Blatt’s camp, however, told TNT analyst David Aldridge that even if James wasn’t explicitly consulted, he was still the one facilitating the firing.

From Aldridge:

Blatt’s camp believes that his firing was “1,000 percent LeBron,” as one supporter said over the weekend. There is no question that in the Cavs’ grand scheme of things, James carried, and carries, the hammer.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/david-blatts-camp-reportedly-believes-192636469.html

PostPosted: 01/27/16 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heat minority owner says 'LeBron screwed us badly'

Quote:
"LeBron screwed us badly," Katz said during a panel discussion, via Bleacher Report. "We made the wrong decisions because of LeBron James — he told us to draft a point guard (Shabazz Napier) who didn't meet the expectations, but we chose him because that's what LeBron wanted."

James has been accused of getting David Blatt fired as the Cavaliers coach on Friday despite owning the best record in the Eastern Conference. Katz said James tried to do the same with Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.

"David Blatt's main problem was LeBron's attitude," Katz said. "I sat courtside during all the games Cleveland played in Miami. I was a few feet away from the Cavaliers' bench and I heard everything.

"With the Miami Heat, LeBron James — before and after his four seasons when his contract was up with the team — made it clear that he wanted to dump head coach Erik Spoelstra. At one point, (Heat president) Pat Riley called LeBron into his office and said that no one will tell him how to run the organization. Riley told James that Spoelstra is his guy and that firing Spoelstra is out of the question. That was the main reason LeBron returned to Cleveland."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/heat-minority-owner-says-lebron-screwed-us-badly/ar-BBoKy6y?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 01/27/16 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"It sucks," James said. "But what can I do about it? I've never, in my time since I picked up a basketball, ever undermined a coach, ever disrespected a coach. You ask any of my little league coaches, my high school coaches, coaches I've played for in tournaments, camps, my NBA coaches. I've always respected what they wanted to do. And I'm not the owner of a team, I'm not the GM of a team. I'm the player of a team.

"People get it so misconstrued because I'm a smart basketball player and I've voiced my opinion about certain things, which I did when I was here my first stint with Paul Silas and Mike Brown. Which I did in Miami with Coach Spo [Erik Spoelstra]. Which I did with Blatt and I'll do with T-Lue. And at the end of the day, they'll still have their final call."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14659145/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-calls-perception-undermines-coaches-unfair

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: