RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Atlantic Division is a joke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/13/05 10:11 am    ::: The Atlantic Division is a joke Reply Reply with quote

I know, what else is new, but I thought at least the Nets would have improved. As it is, the Sixers are sitting atop the division with a .500 record. My lousy Knicks, that managed to lose every single game so far, are only 2.5 games out of first place. Now this is beyond ridiculous. It's kinda like the NL West where all you have to do to get into the postseason is manage the teams in your weak ass division.

Last edited by BCBG25 on 11/13/05 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
bullsky

PostPosted: 11/13/05 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed that a few nights ago. Theres actually a chance that 1 team has to make it from that division, but that all of the Central Division could make it. With teams like Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Chicago, and Cleveland. All of those teams are VERY good.

PostPosted: 11/13/05 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think the Southwest is the toughest division. Now that T-Mac is back, Houston will start winning. I think in the Central division things will eventually settle down and it'll be a catfight between Detroit and Indy, for a change. New and improved Milwaukee will finally come back down to Earth and Chicago isn't really something to write home about right now, but they started off slow last year, so this might be the case again. One thing to notice tho. All teams in the Central Division have winning records.

PostPosted: 11/13/05 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah those Baby Bulls look to be creepin on a come-up. I have been keeping an eye on them since they piqued my interest last year. I am not a big fan of Skiles but I have the utmost respect for general manager Paxson. I am glad to see them getting going again. At this early point in the season the East is looking the strongest but some of the weakest links are also in the East. Don't give up on New Jersey and New York yet. Both teams are going to make a run later. They just have to find the right chemistry and vaccinate against the injury bug. And is it just me or are there a hell of a lot more injuries in this early part of the season. Anyways, although offense is very important, defense is going to be key for a lot of these lackluster teams.
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 11/13/05 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still believe that NJ will win the Atlantic Division.

Mathies to LA 2013
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 11/14/05 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Philly stays healthy, they should take the Atlantic...but with CWebb and AI, that's a big "if." But remember, Dalembert hasn't even played yet. I'm pretty sure he's their starting center, but he might be their pf. He's a real defensive presence in the lane, blocking shots and getting o-boards and whatnot. They'll be much improved when he comes back.

PostPosted: 11/14/05 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And regarding the Mighty Chicago Bulls, they look real good this year. A 3-2 start isn't too shabby. They play hard every night. They are consistently solid defensively. Somebody different steps up every night to help carry the offensive load. They're never out of a game. There's not much more that you can ask for (except maybe for Tyson to develop some post moves?)

Yeah, they're in last place in their division right now, but I think they'll end up finishing above Milwaukee and Cleveland.

PostPosted: 11/14/05 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
And regarding the Mighty Chicago Bulls, they look real good this year. A 3-2 start isn't too shabby. They play hard every night. They are consistently solid defensively. Somebody different steps up every night to help carry the offensive load. They're never out of a game. There's not much more that you can ask for (except maybe for Tyson to develop some post moves?)

Yeah, they're in last place in their division right now, but I think they'll end up finishing above Milwaukee and Cleveland.

I agree. Conference games for the Bulls are HUGE. Both road and home.

PostPosted: 11/14/05 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I still think the Southwest is the toughest division. Now that T-Mac is back, Houston will start winning.

as long as they don't have that 3 point assassin Raef LaFrentz playing them again! Houston looked like crap last night! 27 points by LaFrentz in the first half is inexcusable.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/14/05 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I still think the Southwest is the toughest division. Now that T-Mac is back, Houston will start winning. I think in the Central division things will eventually settle down and it'll be a catfight between Detroit and Indy, for a change. New and improved Milwaukee will finally come back down to Earth and Chicago isn't really something to write home about right now, but they started off slow last year, so this might be the case again. One thing to notice tho. All teams in the Central Division have winning records.

I think I'll give it a week, but as of now I'd have to say the Central is where it's at... Reason being is that there's no Hornets-caliber team in the Central. Razz

The Bulls after losing Curry and not adding much of anything else are an odd bunch indeed, but I'll get a better feeling of them after tonight and report in. They're in Golden State today, and I'll be in lower bowl center. Cool

Dalembert, don't remind me Exclamation He was one of the centerpieces of my fantasy draft team... Confused

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 11/14/05 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

I think I'll give it a week, but as of now I'd have to say the Central is where it's at... Reason being is that there's no Hornets-caliber team in the Central. Razz

I agree with you Admiral. In my opinion, the central division is the toughest...

The Central division has: 2 title contenders (Indy, Detroit) and 3 solid teams (Chi, Cavs, Mil)

The Southwest division has: 1 title contender (SA), 3 solid teams (Grizz, Hou, Mavs) and 1 bad team (NO/OK).

I love TMac and Yao, but the Rockets just don't seem to have that killer instinct necessary to be considered title contenders. I want them to reach that level, but in my opinion, they're not there yet.

Admiral_Needa wrote:

The Bulls after losing Curry and not adding much of anything else are an odd bunch indeed, but I'll get a better feeling of them after tonight and report in. They're in Golden State today, and I'll be in lower bowl center. Cool

The Bulls were an odd bunch last year...with Curry. But they play hard and they make things happen. They seem like such a haphazard bunch that you really don't know whether to believe in them or not, but after what they showed us last year, I believe in them 100%.

And Sweetney is solid. He may not give us as much offense as Curry but he's better defensively. Songalia's been doing ok too. I predict that Sweets will get the start over Songalia in the not-so-distant future.

Have fun at the game! Make sure you cheer for da Bulls!

Admiral_Needa wrote:

Dalembert, don't remind me Exclamation He was one of the centerpieces of my fantasy draft team... Confused

Dalembert is like a carbon copy of Tyson except Sammy has better hands and better offense...

PostPosted: 11/14/05 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

I agree with you Admiral. In my opinion, the central division is the toughest...

The Central division has: 2 title contenders (Indy, Detroit) and 3 solid teams (Chi, Cavs, Mil)

The Southwest division has: 1 title contender (SA), 3 solid teams (Grizz, Hou, Mavs) and 1 bad team (NO/OK).

I love TMac and Yao, but the Rockets just don't seem to have that killer instinct necessary to be considered title contenders. I want them to reach that level, but in my opinion, they're not there yet.

Admiral_Needa wrote:

The Bulls were an odd bunch last year...with Curry. But they play hard and they make things happen. They seem like such a haphazard bunch that you really don't know whether to believe in them or not, but after what they showed us last year, I believe in them 100%.

And Sweetney is solid. He may not give us as much offense as Curry but he's better defensively. Songalia's been doing ok too. I predict that Sweets will get the start over Songalia in the not-so-distant future.

Have fun at the game! Make sure you cheer for da Bulls!

Admiral_Needa wrote:

Dalembert is like a carbon copy of Tyson except Sammy has better hands and better offense...

Thanks hoopladreams! Cool However, I have Baron Davis on both my fantasy teams and the guy I'm going up against has Captain Kirk. And if that wasn't enough, considering the seats I'll be in, I'll have to root for the home team Razz

Dalembert is quite good. I drafted him primarily for his blocks potential... Luckily I picked up Mourning to fill the blocks void until Dalembert gets back from injury, but I could really use him soon Shocked This week is going to be close.

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 11/14/05 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're gonna let your fantasy picks dictate who you cheer for! Alright then, cheer for the Warriors if you have to Very Happy. I'll be whoopin' it up for my Bullies from way over here in Chi-town Very Happy

Let us know how the game was when you get back...

PostPosted: 11/14/05 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
You're gonna let your fantasy picks dictate who you cheer for! Alright then, cheer for the Warriors if you have to Very Happy. I'll be whoopin' it up for my Bullies from way over here in Chi-town Very Happy

Will do! Cool

missjoy28

PostPosted: 11/17/05 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skiles makes me sick. Why the hell didn't he put Gordon in the 3rd quartr and on the last possession? Ugh! I thought he was going to put in Deng instead of Songalia but fuck no? Rolling Eyes

Gordon can become one of the best shooting guards in the league but Skiles disciplinary style of play is limiting his opportunities.

Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 11/17/05 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it too early in the season to say that the 6 - 3 Philadelphia 76'ers Iverson-Webber combination is working?
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/17/05 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Is it too early in the season to say that the 6 - 3 Philadelphia 76'ers Iverson-Webber combination is working?

Yep, it's working... But they still need Dalembert to come back. Hunter can't really play starter's minutes well... PHI also has Mashburn's soon to be expiring Idea contract, which they may trade for someone to help out at the 3. Idea

CHI, as I said, is an odd bunch now that Curry has left. They're not particularly big up front, but their roster is very deep. CHI just really needs a star post player or two and they'll be a legit threat in the post season.

Right now, the Bulls remind me of the Memphis Grizzlies, without Pau Gasol. Confused CHI has very good backcourt starters, great bench, but unlike MEM, CHI can't do much inside. Adonyl Foyle in the paint looked like an All-Star! Shocked Mike Dunleavy, who has been averaging a 7, 4 and 2, had his best game against CHI, scoring a season high 15pts Razz

That said, CHI is still very fun to watch. Hinrich, Duhon, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, Chandler... great players. Exclamation Perhaps you're in a lucky position hoopladreams... Exclamation You can get to see a fun team play, yet still lose so that they'll have a good draft pick next year, along with a lot of cap flexibility. Idea

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/17/05 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:

Yeah, well luckily for me, Captain Kirk sucked it up that night... Wink Unfortunately, Baron Davis sucked it up only slightly less Razz Hinrich got a 2-10, Baron with a 3-11 Exclamation But, all was not lost... I was one of the few to actually bet on the Warriors! I had a feeling they'd win, but not not by 18pts! Shocked Still developing photos...

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 11/18/05 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

That said, CHI is still very fun to watch. Hinrich, Duhon, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, Chandler... great players. Exclamation Perhaps you're in a lucky position hoopladreams... Exclamation You can get to see a fun team play, yet still lose so that they'll have a good draft pick next year, along with a lot of cap flexibility. Idea

The cap space next year will be nice, but I don't want a good draft pick (well, I want the Knicks' good draft pick Very Happy )...and I definitely don't want a lottery pick. It was so wonderful not being part of that charade this past year. We've had enough of that "good draft pick" stuff...I want to win!

And yeah, Admiral, I agree that the Bulls need better posts. I think saying "a star post player or two" is probably pushing it cuz every team could use another star post player. We just need a solid scoring big. Songalia isn't working out in that regard. Tyson has zero offense. Sweetney tries, but he's undersized (well, under-heighted) and he's ALWAYS in foul trouble. Actually, all of our bigs are always in foul trouble. I liked the Nene idea that was being tossed around before (pre-injury, of course) and I would have loved to have gotten Magloire. I'm hoping beyond hope that Pax really is trying to trade Tim Thomas for a big.

The ideal situation would be for Tyson to develop some semblence of an offensive game. Clearly he's not gonna develop into a KG, and he's probably never gonna be dominant offensively, but he's gotta give us something! Every time Tyson touches the ball on offense, I cringe. He always does the same thing too...he turns and faces up his defender like he's gonna do an awesome move, then he makes his move and...AIRBALL! Every time, man, every time. It drives me nuts.

With regards to the Warriors game, I could tell the Bulls were sucking so I went to sleep at the half. I mean, when your team sets three illegal screens (screens!) in a row in the first quarter, you know its gonna be a long game...

And, those west coast games are just too darn late.

Damn the circus!

...ooooooooh...pictures Very Happy

PostPosted: 11/18/05 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoop

I hate these late games also. Shit, I have to be at work early in the morning. We need to show Tyson some Marcus Camby tapes. Skiles did admit that its his fault for not preparing the team right so far. Somebody please tell Duhon not to shoot so much. Let Hinrich and Gordon be the shooters.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: