RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rams, Chargers, Raiders all file to relocate to L.A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 01/06/16 4:30 pm    ::: Rams, Chargers, Raiders all file to relocate to L.A. Reply Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14505636/st-louis-rams-san-diego-chargers-oakland-raiders-file-los-angeles-relocation?ex_cid=espnfb

I wonder which one will win the prize. Basically, this guarantees the NFL is returning to L.A. I wonder with three ownerships interested in relocating, if San Antonio might be an option down the road.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RM619

PostPosted: 01/06/16 5:52 pm    ::: Re: Rams, Chargers, Raiders all file to relocate to L.A. Reply Reply with quote

Hoping the Raiders DO NOT return. Being from SoCal all my life, it would take me too much time to go into the particulars. Will gladly welcome the Rams back. Still have a bad taste of them leaving and winning Super Bowl. GF was a terrible owner.

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 01/06/16 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect the San Diego-Oakland stadium package will be approved and St. Louis will be denied--for LA at least. San Diego has all but burned every bridge with the Chargers, so they are gone. The Chargers have a stadium share agreement with the Raiders and the Rams have no intention of sharing with anyone---Kroenke wants his own place.

That all said, I could still see the Rams moving, but to San Diego and a far outside shot at San Antonio. The Alamodome isn't up to NFL standards anymore, which is sad as it was built for the sole purpose of bringing an NFL team to the city.

I have no issue with the Chargers going back to LA, however I would much prefer the Raiders to stay in the Bay Area. IF and that's a big IF, the Rams can be convinced to share a stadium with the Chargers, then Oakland would be the team that would be shut out of LA and might go to San Diego, San Antonio or stay in the Bay.

We shall see in about a week.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/06/16 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorry, but I highly doubt L.A. would support TWO NFL teams.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/06/16 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
sorry, but I highly doubt L.A. would support TWO NFL teams.

If support means anywhere near full stadiums... yeah... forget about two and hope you can fill one.

Personally, would love to see the Rams come back but Hawkeye provides the cold realities there. Hate the Raiders but don't want to see those fans there robbed of the team and really don't want to see the LA Raiders return given what that came to mean here in LA. Hate to see Charger fans lose their team as well but if not the Rams then I'd be hoping for the Chargers. The Raiders are just bad for LA. If you know, you know.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/12/16 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just made official: Rams are moving to Los Angeles for the 2016 season. Raiders to remain in Oakland & Chargers could possibly join the Rams in Los Angeles. I hope, for now, the Chargers stay in San Diego. In a year or so, move them to San Antonio. The NFL failed twice in Los Angeles, there's no way the city will support two NFL teams.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14558668/st-louis-rams-relocate-los-angeles

toad455

PostPosted: 01/15/16 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so Rams to Los Angeles, Chargers probably staying in San Diego and now word has it Oakland might be looking to relocate to San Antonio.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14572902/red-mccombs-trying-lure-oakland-raiders-san-antonio

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 01/21/16 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chargers stay in San Diego IF the vote in June approves a new stadium. If the June vote fails---Hello again Los Angeles Chargers.

As for the Raiders---I'd be fine with a 3rd Texas team, as it would make Texans at Raiders MUCH easier for me to go see. I would like to see the Raiders get a stadium deal done in Oakland, or San Jose, but if they have to move---San Antonio/Austin area would be a good place. Rumors are there is a plot of land picked out in San Marcos for the team so it could pull from both San Antonio and Austin markets. We shall see.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/24/16 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chargers to stay in San Diego

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/15187/chargers-choose-downtown-san-diego-as-location-for-new-stadium?sf21443149=1

I wonder if there's still the possibility of the Raiders moving to San Antonio in the future?

toad455

PostPosted: 03/24/16 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE: Raiders to move to Las Vegas in 2017?? Charges possibly to San Antonio??

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/24/oakland-raiders-relocation-las-vegas-option

toad455

PostPosted: 08/25/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raiders file to trademark "Las Vegas Raiders". Seems like they'll be headed to Vegas for the 2017 season. I wonder where they'll play before a permanent stadium is built? UNLV?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17389320/oakland-raiders-file-trademark-las-vegas-raiders

toad455

PostPosted: 01/12/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chargers officially heading to LA. Dumb move, team should have gone to San Antonio.

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 01/19/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raiders file to move to Vegas.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:57 pm    ::: The Las Vegas Raiders! Reply Reply with quote

The Oakland Raiders are set to move to Vegas, scheduled for 2020.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19016323/raiders-move-las-vegas-approved-31-1

Timeline:
http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/18058/raiders-leaving-oakland-for-las-vegas-result-of-14-months-of-work

PostPosted: 09/17/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Los Angeles Chargers failed to sell out their home opener vs. Miami today at The StubHub Center. How soon before they move again?

tfan

PostPosted: 09/19/17 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There might be a reason why the Rams and Raiders both left LA in the past. Kinda looks like two teams moving to LA was not a good idea. Here's some pictures from the Sunday LA Rams game (the Rams and Chargers had fewer fans combined than the USC/Texas college game).

Last edited by tfan on 09/19/17 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 09/19/17 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This stadium has too much space between the end of the goal line and the stands. It must have been built for multi-use.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/19/17 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Los Angeles Chargers failed to sell out their home opener vs. Miami today at The StubHub Center. How soon before they move again?

Not a good sign when you can't sell out a stadium that seats less than 28,000 and you are planning on playing in a 70,000 seat stadium (although brand new and in another location).

pilight

PostPosted: 09/19/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Chargers were charging $100 to park

PostPosted: 09/19/17 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Chargers were charging $100 to park

Seriously!?!?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/19/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm thrilled. I'd love to see the whole NFL collapse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: