RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Suggested Questions for Ann Coulter at UConn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/10/05 11:53 am    ::: Suggested Questions for Ann Coulter at UConn Reply Reply with quote

http://www.pandagon.net/archives/2005/11/anyone_got_anyt.html

Well we have the makings of another public relations nightmare for the College Republicans in the form of Ann Coulter, who will be visiting our fair campus soon. I was wondering if you had any suggested questions that I could ask her to make her lose her cool. You seem to have a talent for pissing all the right people off and there is no person I think you would rather piss off than Ann Coulter.

Some weird, nasty and good comments all in there. I think my favorite might be:

I know Ann uses her looks and her sexuality to get lots of male attention (I've personally seen her work a room) but my real problem with her is that she's a lying, trash-talking asshole who likes to think of herself as some kind of brilliant intellectual.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 11/10/05 12:14 pm    ::: Re: Suggested Questions for Ann Coulter at UConn Reply Reply with quote

Ms. Coulter, your face looks like a foot. What's up with that?

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 11/10/05 12:55 pm    ::: Re: Suggested Questions for Ann Coulter at UConn Reply Reply with quote

Ms. Coulter, is it true that you are the illegitimate daughter of Adolf Hitler?

If that doesn't make ANYONE lose it, then I don't know what will...

womens_hoops wrote:
Ms. Coulter, your face looks like a foot. What's up with that?

PostPosted: 11/10/05 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have you ever had, like, a job?

PostPosted: 11/10/05 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do you feel about Al-Pieda, after your visit to Arizona?

Keegan

PostPosted: 11/10/05 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who are you and why are you relevant?
Alepp03

PostPosted: 11/10/05 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This lady reminds me of a quote from An American President...

... How does someone claim to love America when they clearly can't stand Americans? ... Sydney Ellen Wade

Seriously, this girl seems like about as much fun as it would be to have your life be a part of a Final Destination movie... yeesh.

PostPosted: 11/11/05 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't agree with Coulter's polemic style but it sells books. It's mild compared to some of those on the left, like the average Hollywood lefty or your local professor.

Reading above, I'd say Coulter is safe in CT. Nobody seems to have an actual issue question... go figure. Uh... that would be why the left is sucking hind tit in the political power department. Search Coulter on the web and you will find hundreds of thousands of posts and creative web sits etc. that delight in trashing and maligning Coulter's appearance and other sundry but irrelevant attributes. What you won't find is a plethera of informed researched issue papers rebutting her postions on issues. Well researched meaning sourced by actual studies and data. You rarely find even a pound for pound rebuttle of any kind.

Name calling 101 ain't going to get your majority status back.

PostPosted: 11/11/05 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry but the words "Ann Coulter" and "mild" in the same sentence are laughable!! That woman is a hater, pure & simple!!! You can be a conservative and not hate everyone you come in contact with. Ann is one crazy, skinny (and FUGLY) bitch who does nothing but criticize and insult others. You're right, namecalling doesn't get you in the majority, although in this case the majority HATES Bush so I guess it makes us the majority. Go figure!

Loved your quote Alepp!! It's very true! And I LOVED "The American President".

vanyogan wrote:
I don't agree with Coulter's polemic style but it sells books. It's mild compared to some of those on the left, like the average Hollywood lefty or your local professor.

Reading above, I'd say Coulter is safe in CT. Nobody seems to have an actual issue question... go figure. Uh... that would be why the left is sucking hind tit in the political power department. Search Coulter on the web and you will find hundreds of thousands of posts and creative web sits etc. that delight in trashing and maligning Coulter's appearance and other sundry but irrelevant attributes. What you won't find is a plethera of informed researched issue papers rebutting her postions on issues. Well researched meaning sourced by actual studies and data. You rarely find even a pound for pound rebuttle of any kind.

PostPosted: 11/11/05 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wikiquote has a page of Ann Coulter quotes. Twisted Evil

It begins with: There are a lot of bad Republicans; there are no good Democrats.

and ends with: We've been waiting 30 years to end the lunacy of nine demigods on the Supreme Court deciding every burning social issue of the day for us, loyal subjects in a judicial theocracy...We've gone from a representative democracy to a monarchy, and the most appalling thing is – even conservatives just hope like the dickens the next king is a good one."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter

I will confess that, while channel-surfing during commercials, I've gawked at Ann Coulters' legs when Fox News' cameras focused on them. As soon as she spoke, however, I regained my self-respect and clicked away from her. Wink

vanyogan

PostPosted: 11/11/05 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
and I loved the American President

Oh good fucking grief, granted the premise is entertaining but let's look at the political inserts and take a reality check.

"I'm going to get the guns." It's political suicide and patently false. Kerry wasn't talking about about his Chinese made assault weapon or taking NRA look alike photo ops because he was "going to get the guns". Take at a look gun violence in DC. Yep that'll work.

The whole movie is based on a Lobbyist trading sex for environmental
legislation with a President. It is literally "tit for tat". Can you spell conflict of interest? Impeachment?

PostPosted: 11/11/05 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah ann coulter is so mild. thats why she has the nickname Nazi Barbie. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 11/11/05 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh good fucking grief, IT'S A MOVIE!!!! View it for the mindless entertainment that it is not a fucking political statement!

vanyogan wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

Oh good fucking grief, granted the premise is entertaining but let's look at the political inserts and take a reality check.

"I'm going to get the guns." It's political suicide and patently false. Kerry wasn't talking about about his Chinese made assault weapon or taking NRA look alike photo ops because he was "going to get the guns". Take at a look gun violence in DC. Yep that'll work.

legislation with a President. It is literally "tit for tat". Can you spell conflict of interest? Impeachment?

PostPosted: 11/11/05 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Oh good fucking grief, IT'S A MOVIE!!!! View it for the mindless entertainment that it is not a fucking political statement!

vanyogan wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

Actually it is mindless entertainment and it also makes mindless political statements.

That would be my point.

PostPosted: 11/11/05 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
I don't agree with Coulter's polemic style but it sells books.

It's well documented that the majority of these sales come in the form of bulk orders by the publisher, in order to prop up a ranking on the NYT list. Coulter's books are available for as little as 99 cents on Amazon...

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 11/11/05 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My point is that you're making a movie to be a political statement when it doesn't have to be! Who cares if they think killing babies is good?? We know that it's not but we leave it as mindless and move on w/ the rest of our lives!

vanyogan wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

vanyogan wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

Actually it is mindless entertainment and it also makes mindless political statements.

That would be my point.

PostPosted: 11/11/05 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Nobody seems to have an actual issue question... go figure. Uh... that would be why the left is sucking hind tit in the political power department. Search Coulter on the web and you will find hundreds of thousands of posts and creative web sits etc. that delight in trashing and maligning Coulter's appearance and other sundry but irrelevant attributes. What you won't find is a plethera of informed researched issue papers rebutting her postions on issues. Well researched meaning sourced by actual studies and data. You rarely find even a pound for pound rebuttle of any kind.

ooh... condescending and trite political analysis from vanyogen. my favorite.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/11/05 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
hat delight in trashing and maligning Coulter's appearance and other sundry but irrelevant attributes. What you won't find is a plethera of informed researched issue papers rebutting her postions on issues. Well researched meaning sourced by actual studies and data. You rarely find even a pound for pound rebuttle of any kind.

Your kidding... right? Coulter's job, her franchise, is not reasoned political positions or the well reasoned rebutting of them. That is not who she is or what she does. Her career is founded on spit-flying right wing invective that routinely employs, for instance, the tactic of de-Americanizing people who are liberal or democrats or on the left.

Are we talking about the same person?

Or don't you know what you're talking about?

If you think that Coulter's positions and attitudes, which are designed for absolute maximum politics of mass destruction impact, aren't the result of a carefully calculated and executed career strategy, then you're just a little naive.

I think the lack (that YOU are claiming exists) of well researched counter arguments sourced by actual studies and data to much of what Ann Coulter offers up is due to the fact that she most certainly isn't taken seriously in terms of presenting reasoned political debate HERSELF. She doesn't exactly incite rigorous academic response. That's not who she is or what she does.

So those who do respond to her, respond in kind.

Hello!

Class over.

PostPosted: 11/11/05 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a post like jammer's just makes me wanna respond with a big fat "you got served!!!!"

PostPosted: 11/11/05 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is what I would ask Ann Coulter. In front of an auditorium full of college students.

Ms. Coulter. At what point in your life did you, or those around you, realize the franchise that was available to you, the fame and the fortune, in publically proclaiming that,"Liberals hate America" and "We need to execute people like (American Taliban) John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too."?

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 11/11/05 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/11/05 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or I would ask.

Ms. Coulter, could you explain exactly what you meant by this statement? "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

PostPosted: 11/11/05 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you want to go a little more confrontational Wink you could ask,

Ms Coulter, how can you justify the following statement? "If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."

PostPosted: 11/11/05 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so, Ann, given how things are going, do you still believe that "We should invade [Muslim] countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity"?

Do you still believe that we should "carpet-bomb" their cities and "kill civilians" just because "this is war"?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/11/05 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ann, in terms of analysis and substance you make People Magazine look like Mother Jones. How does that make you feel?

Keegan

PostPosted: 11/11/05 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
I don't agree with Coulter's polemic style but it sells books.

It's well documented that the majority of these sales come in the form of bulk orders by the publisher, in order to prop up a ranking on the NYT list. Coulter's books are available for as little as 99 cents on Amazon...

With a bit of softener, it could make very nice toilet paper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: