RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

National, all-network TV schedule out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/06/15 9:59 am    ::: National, all-network TV schedule out Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE:

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/tv/

Also, when is the first reg season game on TV?

I don't trust the search engine on DirecTV's DVR.

Eager for some WCB!

Last edited by cthskzfn on 11/13/15 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/06/15 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not yet; Hoopfeed will have it.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/06/15 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

11/13/15 is the start of the season.
The game I'm looking forward to most that day is
11/13/15 OSU @ SCAR on SECN+
11/16/15 CON @ OSU on ESPN2

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/15 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I'm curious. Does OSU have anyone who can guard Breanna Stewart?

whitedudeluvswnba

PostPosted: 11/06/15 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Shades wrote:

No one has anyone who can guard Breanna Stewart.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/06/15 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Same here....man, so good to be back w/ direcTV.

I hope you're doing GAMEDAY again. If so,let me be the first to offer my thanks. Smile

PostPosted: 11/06/15 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Shades wrote:

Then why did Stewie lose to Stanford last season? I mean, if no one can guard her, why does she lose games? I'm imagining from a defensive standpoint--who does Ohio State have that can slow Stewart down on defense?

As for other teams, Stewart shot 3-12 against Notre Dame the first time they met so they might be able to stop her.

I'd also wager that players like Jillian Alleyne, Jonquel Jones, A'ja Wilson, and Nina Davis would present defensive challenges for Stewie.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 11/06/15 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Shades wrote:

Then why did Stewie lose to Stanford last season? I mean, if no one can guard her, why does she lose games? I'm imagining from a defensive standpoint--who does Ohio State have that can slow Stewart down on defense?

As for other teams, Stewart shot 3-12 against Notre Dame the first time they met so they might be able to stop her.

I'd also wager that players like Jillian Alleyne, Jonquel Jones, A'ja Wilson, and Nina Davis would present defensive challenges for Stewie.

They might put Alexa Hart on her. Alexa is tall and fast, but very thin. Stewie will take advantage of that. They might put Shakayla Cooper on her. She's more of a banger. Slower than Hart.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/06/15 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Shades wrote:

Then why did Stewie lose to Stanford last season? I mean, if no one can guard her, why does she lose games?

In the first place Stewart didn't lose that game, UConn did. Second, it is rare that one person defends Stewart. Most teams come up with some sort of help defense that involves having subs grab, shove and otherwise make life difficult for her. UConn did manage to score 86 vs. the Trees so I wouldn't say it was their defense against Stewart that won that game but rather the lack of defense played by UConn.

Third, you took a thread concerned with TV coverage and used a thin reference to OSU to remind everyone of Stanford's "big win" last November. I'm sure you will continue to do so for decades. As they say in golf. It's not how you drive, it's how you arrive. You will remember a relatively insignificant game in November while most will remember the national championship game in April.

To each his own.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/15 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Shades wrote:

Then why did Stewie lose to Stanford last season? I mean, if no one can guard her, why does she lose games?

In the first place Stewart didn't lose that game, UConn did. Second, it is rare that one person defends Stewart. Most teams come up with some sort of help defense that involves having subs grab, shove and otherwise make life difficult for her. UConn did manage to score 86 vs. the Trees so I wouldn't say it was their defense against Stewart that won that game but rather the lack of defense played by UConn.

Third, you took a thread concerned with TV coverage and used a thin reference to OSU to remind everyone of Stanford's "big win" last November. I'm sure you will continue to do so for decades. As they say in golf. It's not how you drive, it's how you arrive. You will remember a relatively insignificant game in November while most will remember the national championship game in April.

To each his own.

First, I was responding to someones claim that no-one can guard Stewart by pointing out one of the only examples from last season where a team managed to beat her and her teammates by slowing her down just enough. Second, I mentioned another example of a team--Notre Dame--who managed to slow Stewart down significantly in a separate game where UConn barely escaped. Third, I'd like to ask whether there was a single other game that could be a valid example of a team that has managed to slow Stewie down apart from those two examples.

Fourth--I was responding in kind to the excitement in this thread for the OSU-UConn game by musing who Ohio State had--if anyone who could defend Stewart--and in doing so, I was looking for players who had managed to do so in the past to find a good framework.

Fifth: I may be a impossible Stanford Homer--but honestly, when fans get touchy about me bringing up an "irrelevant" game it makes me want to bring it up more. If the game last November doesn't matter--why do you get so upset when someone brings it up? Since it ruined UConn's perfection last season.

Sixth: That's all I have to say about this.

Seventh: Has anyone heard anything about potentially getting PAC12 on Direct-TV or is this forever stalled still?

linkster

PostPosted: 11/06/15 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Shades wrote:

To each his own.

First, I was responding to someones claim that no-one can guard Stewart by pointing out one of the only examples from last season where a team managed to beat her and her teammates by slowing her down just enough. Second, I mentioned another example of a team--Notre Dame--who managed to slow Stewart down significantly in a separate game where UConn barely escaped. Third, I'd like to ask whether there was a single other game that could be a valid example of a team that has managed to slow Stewie down apart from those two examples.

Fourth--I was responding in kind to the excitement in this thread for the OSU-UConn game by musing who Ohio State had--if anyone who could defend Stewart--and in doing so, I was looking for players who had managed to do so in the past to find a good framework.

Fifth: I may be a impossible Stanford Homer--but honestly, when fans get touchy about me bringing up an "irrelevant" game it makes me want to bring it up more. If the game last November doesn't matter--why do you get so upset when someone brings it up? Since it ruined UConn's perfection last season.

Sixth: That's all I have to say about this.

Seventh: Has anyone heard anything about potentially getting PAC12 on Direct-TV or is this forever stalled still?

I find you explanation of your motives unsatisfactory. I stated my opinion and I'll leave it there.

I also stated that the loss at Stanford was a team loss but you seem to think that slowing down Stewart is the key to beating UConn so I'll address that.

Stewart had five games in which she was held to single digits. Here are the schools and the final scores. UConn won all the games. Stewart played a minimum of 20 minutes in all of these games.

College of Charleston 8 pts. 85-24
SMU 6 pts 96-45
Tulsa 6 pts 98- 60
Rutgers 8 pts 98-55
Notre Dame (NC) 8 pts 63-53

You mentioned this:

Quote:
I mentioned another example of a team--Notre Dame--who managed to slow Stewart down significantly in a separate game where UConn barely escaped.

Barely escaped? Were you referring to the game at Notre Dame where Stewart shot 3-12 and was limited to 15 points? If so I would point out that while ND did do a pretty good job of mugging Stewart into a bad shooting game, she shot 9-10 from the line and all the extra attention the Irish paid to Stewart allowed Tuck to go off for 25 points. In any case, UConn won that game 76-58. Hardly a "barely escaped" game. Or maybe you were referring to the NC game, a ten point victory? Stewart may have only scored 8 but she pulled down 15 rebounds and blocked 4 shots.

Several teams have sold out to slow down Stewart and while they may have succeeded, they lost by a wide margin anyway. Maryland and Notre Dame were the 7th and 8th best scoring teams in the country. In the FF they managed 58 and 53 points.

Rather than trying to limit Stewart's scoring, the key to beating UConn is in figuring out a way to score against their defense. Stanford won that game with their offense, not their defense.

If tOSU is to have a chance, they need to score against UConn's defense.

I think the more exciting game will be the USC-tOSU game. Mitchell v Mitchell. I think the gamecocks have a better supporting cast and will have a huge crowd on their side but I expect a fairly close game.

I think UConn could win at tOSU with Stewart sitting on the bench. Having to play UConn three days after travelling to SC is asking a lot in mid-November.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/06/15 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not happening anytime soon. After AT&T acquired Directv they had more talks and AT&T offered to buy half the network the way Fox owns half the BTN. The PAC said no, they want to own 100%, and that ended that apparently.

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/07/15 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Not happening anytime soon. After AT&T acquired Directv they had more talks and AT&T offered to buy half the network the way Fox owns half the BTN. The PAC said no, they want to own 100%, and that ended that apparently.

Does that mean AT&T will soon no longer have the Pac-12 Network anymore?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/07/15 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Have not heard Uverse is going to drop it. I would think that's unlikely. This was basically the latest effort at a deal between the PACN and Directv, and by all accounts it's dead for the foreseeable issue.

The PACN's problem is that they played hardball several years ago with DTV and did a big campaign to try to convince people to switch providers and they failed. DTV called their bluff and won. Just didn't experience any real pressure or losses because they didn't carry the PACN so there has been no reason to increase their offer. But if the PACN agrees to take less per subscriber with DTV it will trigger price reductions with the cable companies and cost them a fortune. The demand on DTV for the PACN just hasn't been enough to justify the price they're demanding, even in Cal and the west coast.

The BTN got good penetration and prices because they were first. The SECN got good penetration and prices because it's owned by ESPN and is part of ESPN's bundle with cable companies. The PACN has gone it alone and simply doesn't have the same demand or market power.

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/07/15 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Have not heard Uverse is going to drop it. I would think that's unlikely. This was basically the latest effort at a deal between the PACN and Directv, and by all accounts it's dead for the foreseeable issue.

The PACN's problem is that they played hardball several years ago with DTV and did a big campaign to try to convince people to switch providers and they failed. DTV called their bluff and won. Just didn't experience any real pressure or losses because they didn't carry the PACN so there has been no reason to increase their offer. But if the PACN agrees to take less per subscriber with DTV it will trigger price reductions with the cable companies and cost them a fortune. The demand on DTV for the PACN just hasn't been enough to justify the price they're demanding, even in Cal and the west coast.

The BTN got good penetration and prices because they were first. The SECN got good penetration and prices because it's owned by ESPN and is part of ESPN's bundle with cable companies. The PACN has gone it alone and simply doesn't have the same demand or market power.

Thanks for the info.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/13/15 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/tv/

PostPosted: 11/13/15 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Shades wrote:

To each his own.

Tell that to KML or are you still using the other excuse. Go back and read the articles, however it wasn't Stewart that was held in check, you were right on that one. She was the only Husky that was able to score when she wanted.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 11/13/15 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

What tv supplier offers SEC+

Shades

PostPosted: 11/13/15 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:

From what I understand, it's online, like BTN+

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/13/15 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:

It's all explained here:

http://www.secsports.com/article/11130708/about-sec-network

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: