RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

firefox: tracking-resistant private browsing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 11/04/15 7:04 am    ::: firefox: tracking-resistant private browsing Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Psst: the private browsing mode in your current web browser probably isn't that private. It'll (usually) get rid of your history and cookies, but it won't prevent cross-site trackers from getting a feel for what you're doing. However, you now have an easy way to deal with that -- Mozilla has released a finished version of Firefox with its promised stricter Private Browsing mode. Switch it on and you'll get tracking protection that blocks code from those ads and social services that follow you from site to site. There's also a central control panel on the desktop for managing privacy and security, including the option to turn tracking protection off if it's breaking an important page.

i love this one because it was stupid in the first place for ANY website to start playing an audio or video automatically when you landed there.

Quote:
There are a few more perks, too, depending on what platform you're running. Desktop users now have a one-click option to mute audio in tabs, much (like) your friends using Chrome.

engadget.com

PostPosted: 11/04/15 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. I enabled tab mute in Chrome. Didn't realize that was an option, thanks.

I'll use FF more often (switched from using it full time like 2 years ago after that whole crashing situation..then the Flash issue).

pilight

PostPosted: 10/24/19 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I recently switched to the Brave browser. It does an outstanding job of eliminating ads and clutter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: