RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/05/16 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't love Achonwa's post defense but I thought last year you had to regard with an asterisk because of her recovery from a torn ACL.

She'd add height and a high basketball IQ. And she has a good offensive game. She has plenty of room to grow. Not sure if she would be worth a first rounder in Seattle's range but I do think she would really fit their scheme on offense. She's not a shooter but she moves well without the ball, so I think she'd be good at finding openings that Bird, Stewie and Loyd can create. If her defense isn't there yet (most young posts need time) it can be developed.

I wonder if there's a physical reason why Achonwa is barely playing though. I know she has Larkins and Kizer to compete with but still.

PostPosted: 06/05/16 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're not winning a championship without a legit 16 ppg scorer that can get their own shot.However.I wouldn't make any trades just yet.This team still needs more time to gel.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/05/16 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
You're not winning a championship without a legit 16 ppg scorer that can get their own shot.

They were all of one game away from doing it last year.

PostPosted: 06/05/16 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
That pick could still end up pretty damn high, though. That's pretty expensive for Seattle unless you really rate Achonwa (or think the 2017 draft really sucks).

I like Anchonwa's game. She can hold her own on defense (better then Langhorne, Gatling etc.) and she is a fundamental player with good hands. I think she can do well with Sue assisting her and Stewart and Loyd running all over the place and attracting attention. Plus she is still young.

I dont know much about college basketball. But i doubt that we find a solid center(that can backup between 15-20 minutes right away) in the 2017 draft right?

Coates is probably the best post prospect next year. I think I'd rather roll with Achonwa. Not sure why she's not being used more. She seemed good against Minny.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
miller40

PostPosted: 06/05/16 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
You're not winning a championship without a legit 16 ppg scorer that can get their own shot.However.I wouldn't make any trades just yet.This team still needs more time to gel.

I say don't make any trades all year (unless it's getting rid of Moseley and replacing Lucas). There's already enough personnel turnover in the Fever's future.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/05/16 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
You're not winning a championship without a legit 16 ppg scorer that can get their own shot.

They were all of one game away from doing it last year.

Catchings did avg 16.3 ppg in the playoffs....and they got some help along the way.

1.The choke job by the Liberty
2.Whalen,Augustus and Brunson being less than 80%
3.The old playoff format.

I believe this indiana team can make a deep playoff run if they get healthy.I just don't know if they can win it all without a consistent #1 option.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/05/16 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
That pick could still end up pretty damn high, though. That's pretty expensive for Seattle unless you really rate Achonwa (or think the 2017 draft really sucks).

I like Anchonwa's game. She can hold her own on defense (better then Langhorne, Gatling etc.) and she is a fundamental player with good hands. I think she can do well with Sue assisting her and Stewart and Loyd running all over the place and attracting attention. Plus she is still young.

I dont know much about college basketball. But i doubt that we find a solid center(that can backup between 15-20 minutes right away) in the 2017 draft right?

Coates is probably the best post prospect next year. I think I'd rather roll with Achonwa. Not sure why she's not being used more. She seemed good against Minny.

And Brionna Jones.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 06/05/16 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I don't love Achonwa's post defense but I thought last year you had to regard with an asterisk because of her recovery from a torn ACL.

She'd add height and a high basketball IQ. And she has a good offensive game. She has plenty of room to grow.

Agree. and this is why Indiana shouldn't trade her away.

Larkins is undersized and struggles to guard true bigs. Kizer and Peters are clearly backup talents. Catchings is gone next year. ...that leaves Achonwa. I'm guessing they will play with Achonwa and Larkins on the floor together but that is probably not optimal.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 06/14/16 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two jobs, one Stephanie White. No problem.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2016/06/13/doyel-two-jobs-one-stephanie-white-no-problem/85831456/

Quote:
So when White came to her before this season began and said Vanderbilt was interested — and when White came to her a few weeks later and said she was taking the Vandy job, smack dab in the middle of the season — Krauskopf never considered making a change

PostPosted: 06/14/16 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Two jobs, one Stephanie White. No problem.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2016/06/13/doyel-two-jobs-one-stephanie-white-no-problem/85831456/

Quote:
So when White came to her before this season began and said Vanderbilt was interested — and when White came to her a few weeks later and said she was taking the Vandy job, smack dab in the middle of the season — Krauskopf never considered making a change

Well, this quote perfectly describes my thoughts on this season.
Quote:
Krauskopf smiles wanly. That’s a fairy tale. And we’re too old for fairy tales.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/20/16 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever waive Brene Moseley

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/20/16 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Wonder why. I thought she was very good at Md. She hardly played in Indy. Maybe if they had given her more playing time it would be a different story. Look at how well Claredon is doing in Atlanta, much, much better than she did in Indy.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/20/16 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Move I kinda expected since January came back. Wheeler's the backup, plus Johnson or Catchings can run the offense as well when and if they need them to. Moseley looked a bit out of her depth to me, at times.

Plus the midseason cut-down date is a week away. Creates a little flexibility for a team with very little room to move under the cap.

PostPosted: 06/20/16 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy is in a win now or never mode. Probably they would have kept her in a different time when they were looking more to build for the future and could afford to give her playing time to develop her game.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/20/16 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are they going to play with 10 or add somebody?

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/21/16 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Wonder why. I thought she was very good at Md. She hardly played in Indy. Maybe if they had given her more playing time it would be a different story. Look at how well Claredon is doing in Atlanta, much, much better than she did in Indy.

I like her game. Maybe she'll get another look next year.

- Amanda Gorman
miller40

PostPosted: 06/21/16 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Move I kinda expected since January came back. Wheeler's the backup, plus Johnson or Catchings can run the offense as well when and if they need them to. Moseley looked a bit out of her depth to me, at times.

Plus the midseason cut-down date is a week away. Creates a little flexibility for a team with very little room to move under the cap.

Same. She really did look out of her depth.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/21/16 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Agree. But like a rookie who hasn't had enough time on the floor. Of course when you're down that far in the rotation it's hard to get time. Chicken and egg. Hopefully she'll play overseas and get some reps in.

- Amanda Gorman
miller40

PostPosted: 06/21/16 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Agree. But like a rookie who hasn't had enough time on the floor. Of course when you're down that far in the rotation it's hard to get time. Chicken and egg. Hopefully she'll play overseas and get some reps in.

And get much, much stronger. But I agree, it's hard to get used to the speed and physicality differences when you don't see much/any time... but Indiana right now also isn't the ideal situation for developing younger talent since it's pretty much win right now mode. Bad timing for all parties.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/21/16 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Why waive her with Lucas out? Their guards now are only January, Wheeler, Johnson, Coleman & Mitchell. I have to imagine they're bringing in someone else ASAP.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 06/21/16 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Why waive her with Lucas out? Their guards now are only January, Wheeler, Johnson, Coleman & Mitchell. I have to imagine they're bringing in someone else ASAP.

Harding?

toad455

PostPosted: 06/21/16 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Harding?

Doubtful. Maybe a SF?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
miller40

PostPosted: 06/21/16 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Harding?

Doubtful. Maybe a SF?

We need help at almost every position, it could be anyone. Wink

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/21/16 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Why keep her? They had three point guards on an 11-player roster, and it's awkward to play more than one of them at a time.

Maybe Pohlen back in Indiana yet again if she's in shape? Someone like Briana Butler might make some sense.

PostPosted: 06/21/16 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Jeanette Pohlan is ready yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: