RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/14/15 10:15 pm    ::: Indiana Fever 2016 Reply Reply with quote

After a hard fought season, and a tremendous playoff run where does Indiana go after this? With next year being Tamika's last, should they go all in and try to make a championship run for her? I think one of the things Indiana needs most is a little more lengh inside, which was made clear in this Finals series. I would think for next year they could play Howard more. Additionally, Achonwa's diminished role came as a surprise as she played extremely well during the season. Some of the bench players like Pohlen, Lucas, and Clarendon should be a little concerned about their jobs next season. White did a wonderful job, so coaching is clearly not a concern.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/14/15 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy should go for the Championship next season. They are a great team, and the core of Catch, January, Larkins, Coleman, and Johnson is a team that can contend right now. With Catch in her last year they should go for it.

Indy needs more points and more size.

They have a decent draft pick at #8 and should be able to add some size. They also have enough expendable players at the end of the bench that they should look at some UFA.

January
Johnson/Zealous
Coleman
Catchings/Howard
Larkins/Kizer/Achonwa

Maybe see if you can convert Howard to a 3?

More ideas after a little more time has past to be respectful to the fans.

Indy is a great team.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/14/15 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Larkins was a non-factor in the Finals, but sadly she was their best option at center. There's no need for Claredon & Pohlen. They need improvement from their younger players; i.e. Howard, Kizer & Achonwa & a back-up PG for January. I doubt the Fever get a PG in the draft, so who do they look to pick-up?? Good PGs seem hard to come by these days. Bria Hartley from Washington?? Mitchell from Phoenix??

PG: January/???
SG: Johnson/Lucas/draft pick
SF: Coleman/Zellous
PF: Catchings/Howard
C: Larkins/Achonwa/Kizer

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 10/14/15 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Larkins was a non-factor in the Finals, but sadly she was their best option at center. There's no need for Claredon & Pohlen. They need improvement from their younger players; i.e. Howard, Kizer & Achonwa & a back-up PG for January. I doubt the Fever get a PG in the draft, so who do they look to pick-up?? Good PGs seem hard to come by these days. Bria Hartley from Washington?? Mitchell from Phoenix??

PG: January/Prahalis Smile

PostPosted: 10/14/15 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
toad455 wrote:

‏@RichardCohen1 wrote:
Briann January needs to play about 38mins tonight. The drop-off to Clarendon or Zellous as the backup is just too big. #WNBAFinals #wnba

The Fever would be looking for ways to reduce that 38mins figure, not increase it!

PostPosted: 10/14/15 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
toad455 wrote:

‏@RichardCohen1 wrote:
Briann January needs to play about 38mins tonight. The drop-off to Clarendon or Zellous as the backup is just too big. #WNBAFinals #wnba

The Fever would be looking for ways to reduce that 38mins figure, not increase it!

If you think Clarendon is better than Prahalis then you have absolutely no clue how to evaluate talent. I mean NO CLUE

PostPosted: 10/15/15 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most teams don't have a starting PG as good as January, so finding a reasonable backup is not an insurmountable problem. FLB?

Clarendon is never going to be even a decent backup PG. She has improved enough to be a sort of ok back up SG, but with Zealous and Lucas they don't really need her.

Achonwa with another year could provide some of the size they need in the post, but she will be doing National Team duty again, and seems to be injury prone.

Hopefully Indy will find someone useful in the draft and pick up a few good FA's. I would think that Indy's playoff run this season (and their history of turning scrubs into starters) might make them attractive to some of the available players.

Finally, I think Zealous and Larkins are better than they played this year, so hopefully next year they will be back to form.

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 10/15/15 6:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I beg to differ, Kizer carried the load and started while Larkins was recovering all season. She put up good numbers and averaged over 8 pts a game. C. Larkins/Kizer/Achonwa

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 10/15/15 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

indiana has a good team. Need another good point guard to compliment January.

January
Johnson/Zealous
Coleman
Catchings/Howard
Larkins/Kizer/Achonwa

zune69

PostPosted: 10/15/15 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana should give chante Black a look.She's a 6'5 mobile shot blocking center.I think black would be very effective for 10-14 minutes off the bench.

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 10/15/15 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Indiana should give chante Black a look.She's a 6'5 mobile shot blocking center.I think black would be very effective for 10-14 minutes off the bench.

Surely you jest. Chante Black couldn't even beat out an overweight Courtney Paris

zune69

PostPosted: 10/15/15 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Surely you jest. Chante Black couldn't even beat out an overweight Courtney Paris

Paris is a 2-time rebounding Champion.......

This is the problem with many rebkell posters.They overlook role players that can bring an intangible asset to the table just because the player is not a double digit scorer.I think Chante would be a good fit with Indiana.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/15/15 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they wanted someone who can't do any more than stand around being big and play some defense, they'd have kept Krystal Thomas on the roster. And based on what they've shown in the WNBA, Thomas is better at it than Black.

PostPosted: 10/15/15 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If they wanted someone who can't do any more than stand around being big and play some defense, they'd have kept Krystal Thomas on the roster. And based on what they've shown in the WNBA, Thomas is better at it than Black.

Black provides lots of defensive length,similar to Pringle.I don't care who the better player is,i'm more focused on the defensive asset Black brings to the table.She has the ability to alter/block shots.

kool-aide

PostPosted: 10/15/15 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy need to upgrade their back up point. Indy really needs to upgrade their back up point guard.

Howard needs to take a big step up in her game in the off-season and next season. Anchonwa needs to improve, too (and get healthy).

Larkins being injured much of the season hurt them. Hopefully she is healthy next year. You could see Larkins in pain/tweek something on that very first basket Big Syl scored in Game 5. She was hobbled all year, really.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/15/15 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Kizer used to play for TUL so this is like the pot calling Black a kettle. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
miller40

PostPosted: 10/15/15 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's Alex Bentley's contract and relationship like with Connecticut? She's local, went to Fever games as a girl, interned with the Fever growing up, and was at the Fever home playoffs games with family prior to going overseas. Just a thought...

zune69

PostPosted: 10/15/15 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Kizer used to play for TUL so this is like the pot calling Black a kettle. Smile

Let's also not forget about K.Christmas.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/15/15 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
What's Alex Bentley's contract and relationship like with Connecticut? She's local, went to Fever games as a girl, interned with the Fever growing up, and was at the Fever home playoffs games with family prior to going overseas. Just a thought...

Yeah, Connecticut has a plethora of PG candidates, and CON might be vulnerable to bad trades now that Donovan has resigned.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/15/15 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:

Fever could have had Alex. Instead they chose Clarendon. Since they got to know her during her internship hard to see why they didn't draft her. Second dumbest move in history (second only to the Dream trading Alex.) (Well - I exaggerate to make a point.)

miller40

PostPosted: 10/15/15 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
miller40 wrote:

Fever could have had Alex. Instead they chose Clarendon. Since they got to know her during her internship hard to see why they didn't draft her. Second dumbest move in history (second only to the Dream trading Alex.) (Well - I exaggerate to make a point.)

New coach, new direction. Come back home, Alex. Very Happy
Maybe the Fever can sneak in a sneaky trade while the Sun are in disarray trying to find a Donovan replacement. I'm even willing to support the idea of keeping Maggie Lucas around if the thought of playing with a former college teammate is appealing to her.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/15/15 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Randy wrote:
miller40 wrote:

New coach, new direction. Come back home, Alex. Very Happy
Maybe the Fever can sneak in a sneaky trade while the Sun are in disarray trying to find a Donovan replacement. I'm even willing to support the idea of keeping Maggie Lucas around if the thought of playing with a former college teammate is appealing to her.

I seen to recall they hated each other first year in college but grew on each other, but not sure how big of a factor this would be since Lucas is pretty marginal as a WNBA player.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/15/15 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bentley's only been in the league for three years, so has a year left on her rookie scale deal even before becoming a restricted free agent.

PostPosted: 10/15/15 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Black provides lots of defensive length,similar to Pringle.I don't care who the better player is,i'm more focused on the defensive asset Black brings to the table.She has the ability to alter/block shots.

I don't think Chante Black is the answer, but the one glaring need is at center. Fowles was able to dominate when she wasn't in foul trouble. The Fever made a great run this season but they were the number 3 team in the East during the regular season and I suspect that is where they will be next season as well. Add in that Phoenix (Griner), Minnesota (Fowles) and LA (Lavender) all have big centers and they are better than anyone in the East if they have their full complement of talent. Indiana's chances of winning it all are small.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/15/15 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Indiana could draft one of Boyette, Alleyne, or Hamblin at 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: