RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

jeopardy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 02/02/21 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The six o'clock news said that Ken Jennings was in the middle of his sixth week (not true) , or maybe it was middle of six week guest host segment. Then they announced that Dr. Oz., Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Anderson Cooper and Savannah Guthrie would also guest host.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't normally make a point of not watching Jeopardy, but I think I'll make sure the DVR's off when Dr. Oz is hosting.

PostPosted: 02/03/21 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of these people already have full-time gigs, so maybe they're looking for a group of hosts to rotate in. I'm sure they're checking ratings to see which of these candidates draw in the most viewers.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/12/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brayden Smith, the champion during AT's last shows has died. He was 24. Shocked
Quote:
"We are heartbroken to share that our dear Brayden Smith recently passed away unexpectedly," she wrote. "We are so grateful that Brayden was able to live out his dream on @jeopardy."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/02/12/five-time-jeopardy-champion-brayden-smith-dies-unexpectedly-24/6744537002/

"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
tfan

PostPosted: 02/23/21 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get the impression this Jeopardy executive producer (joined the show sometime in 2020) Mike Richards wants the job, even though he offered some excuse of having to do an emergency fill in because Ken Jennings was tied up doing The Chase and all the other coming guest hosts were reluctant to fly to LA in the pandemic. His praise of Trebek is as strong as it could be. Tonight he said something about trying to live each day or try and do things the way Alex would have. Which seemed like ingratiation, but it also could be legit. He has an executive producer background but also has hosting experience:

Quote:
In addition to his work behind the scenes, Richards has experience in front of the camera. After graduating college, Richards was a stand-up comedian, which led to offers to serve as a host for multiple pilots. He hosted the WB's “High School Reunion,” and later was the host of the reality phenomenon “Beauty and the Geek” for the CW. During that time, he also hosted a movie news show called “Dailies” that launched the Reelz channel. More recently, he hosted the 2012 revival of “The Pyramid” and the Game Show Network’s 2016-2017 version of “Divided,” which was part game show and part social experiment.

https://www.jeopardy.com/about/cast/mike-richards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: