RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

jeopardy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://kingjamesholzhauer.com/

Quote:
The OG fan page of James Holzhauer, Jeopardy! Champion

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/17/19 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT!

i mean holy fucking shit!

PostPosted: 04/17/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol. Okay. This guy is ridiculous.

I'm signing up for his fan club.

PostPosted: 04/17/19 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He is clearly a savant of epic proportions. I'm curious if others like Jennings or Rutter ever had such a string of 'runaway' games.

PostPosted: 04/17/19 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeopardy, unlike Wheel of Fortune, does not allow the 2nd and 3rd place finishers to keep their winnings. The one good thing about this guy dominating every night is that he is costing them extra money. That extra money, plus the lack of competition and the prospect of this guy spending years on the show must have a lot of behind the scenes chatter taking place.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/24/19 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are the odds on James Holzhauer lasting longer on the show than Alex Trebek?

PostPosted: 04/27/19 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeopardy! producers have stripped contestants of their god-given right to bet $69 on Final Jeopardy

https://news.avclub.com/jeopardy-producers-have-stripped-contestants-of-their-1834356162

Quote:
The numbers $14, $88, and $1488 (all associated with neo-Nazi propaganda) were all banned from the show last year, allegedly after a contestant accidentally bet the latter number as part of an effort to hit a particular target score. $666 is also out, although $420 is actually fine. So feel free to get high while watching Jeopardy!, friends; just don’t do it with the devil, or any racist trivia-loving pieces of shit you might unfortunately happen to know.

PostPosted: 06/03/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our long national nightmare is over!

PostPosted: 06/03/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Our long national nightmare is over!

If you researched it, the episode was taped months ago and there were spoilers out there knowing when his end was. Same with Ken Jennings.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 06/04/19 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL. He changed his Twitter avatar.

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1135751876086042625?s=20

PostPosted: 06/17/19 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a WNBA related clue tonight!

PostPosted: 06/20/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Jeopardy!' champ James Holzhauer makes pancreatic cancer donation in Alex Trebek's name

Quote:
Trebek, the longtime host of the popular trivia television show, announced in March he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, but said he intended to keep working. In May, he announced he was in "near remission."

Holzhauer recently donated $1,109.14, to the Naperville Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk in Naperville, Illinois, where he used to live. His donation was accompanied by the message, "For Alex Trebek and all the other survivors."

The amount — $1,109.14 — is a reference to his daughter Natasha's birthday: Nov. 9, 2014, organizers said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/jeopardy-champ-james-holzhauer-makes-pancreatic-cancer-donation-alex-trebek-n1019971

PostPosted: 09/17/19 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alex Trebek back in chemotherapy after 'numbers went sky high'

Quote:
(CNN)Alex Trebek says he has restarted chemotherapy on his doctor's orders.

Tuesday on "Good Morning America," the "Jeopardy!" host said he "was doing so well" and his medical reports had approached normal levels after his first round of chemo for stage 4 pancreatic cancer. But he suddenly began losing weight.

"I lost about 12 pounds in a week," Trebek said. "And my numbers went sky high, much higher than they were when I was first diagnosed. So, the doctors have decided that I have to undergo chemo again, and that's what I'm doing."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/entertainment/alex-trebek-chemotherapy/index.html

PostPosted: 11/01/19 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tournament of Champions starts Monday

PostPosted: 11/07/19 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The current five time champ said he "really likes tigers". Apparently he was underselling...

http://www.flayrah.com/7325/bucktown-tiger-returns-jeopardy-defend-3-day-winning-streak

Quote:
a well known musician in the furry fandom

This guys was back for the tournament of champions today. Finished second with a score that's borderline for a wildcard.

PostPosted: 11/11/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/comedianryanmaher/videos/10156945919443845/

Genero36

PostPosted: 11/11/19 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/comedianryanmaher/videos/10156945919443845/

Dhruv caught all of us off guard with that. That was touching.

PostPosted: 11/13/19 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We got the final I expected when the tournament started

PostPosted: 11/15/19 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't stand James.

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/08/20 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

‘Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time’: Here’s who won the first wildly entertaining prime-time game

Quote:
In a surprisingly thrilling hour of television Tuesday night, Ken Jennings squeaked past James Holzhauer and thoroughly crushed Brad Rutter to win the first night of ABC’s prime-time competition “Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time.”

Quote:
So that’s what we’re dealing with here. For reference, here’s where all the players stood before this championship series:

Brad Rutter: Oct. 30-Nov. 3, 2000

Streak: 5 games

Winnings: $4,688,436

Ken Jennings: June 2-Nov. 30, 2004

Streak: 74 games

Winnings: $3,370,700

James Holzhauer: April 4-June 3, 2019

Streak: 32 games

Winnings total: $2,712,216

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jeopardy-the-greatest-of-all-time-heres-who-won-the-first-wildly-entertaining-prime-time-game/ar-BBYITPu?ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 04/08/20 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“pandemic” was an answer on yesterday’s broadcast which was said to have been filmed in early February.

https://manifest.prod.boltdns.net/manifest/v1/hls/v4/clear/4137224153001/feca8cf5-d094-49e2-a00d-89fc476d47b3/10s/master.m3u8?fastly_token=NWU4ZTJmMWRfMjk0NjQ4YzkyZDUyNDY0MmI2MjFiMjFmZTQxNGNmZTg3ODhhMDc1YWFhNzFmNTJmODVmNjE1MzY1MTc2MDE0Yg%3D%3D

tfan

PostPosted: 06/26/20 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune announced back in March that they would film without an audience. But at this point both are still showing reruns and at least with regard to Jeopardy, it was reported the other day that they haven’t filmed any episodes since announcing they wouldn’t have an audience. It doesn’t seem like any TV shows are filming these days. I don’t know what they are going to show in the fall.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/27/20 5:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune announced back in March that they would film without an audience. But at this point both are still showing reruns and at least with regard to Jeopardy, it was reported the other day that they haven’t filmed any episodes since announcing they wouldn’t have an audience. It doesn’t seem like any TV shows are filming these days. I don’t know what they are going to show in the fall.

I've heard TV shows will start filming again at the end of July(all without an audience). Certain shows can't be filmed without an audience(Let's Make a Deal, The Price is Right). Probably don't expect any new episodes until late September. The typically air reruns during the summer anyways.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/09/20 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

George Stephanopoulos Reportedly Eyeing 'Jeopardy!' Hosting Gig After Alex Trebek's Death

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/news/jeopardy-george-stephanopoulos-reportedly-eyeing-hosting-alex-trebek-death/

Quote:
Another member of the ABC News team is interested in the job, the first source told The Wrap. Dan Harris, the weekend anchor for Good Morning America, and other ABC News anchors are "pitching themselves" as potential Trebek replacements.

Most of the speculation I've seen has centered on Ken Jennings and Laura Coates (who Trebek mentioned as a possible replacement last year)

PostPosted: 11/10/20 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who Should Be The Next Host Of ‘Jeopardy!’?

https://defector.com/who-should-be-the-next-host-of-jeopardy/

Quote:
Doris Burke: On the as-yet-unproven theory that there is nothing she can’t do.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: