RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Classless Move by Kings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/09/05 9:26 am    ::: Classless Move by Kings? Reply Reply with quote

What was up with the pregame intros last night? Showing old images of Detroit with burned out cars and the like during Pistons players?

Like that wasn't going to piss them off. I only hope the Maloofs didn't kow anything about it...

hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/09/05 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to this article in the Detroit News, they didn't.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0511/09/D01-377035.htm
dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/09/05 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks for posting that. I couldn't believe when I heard them talking about it.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/10/05 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the Kings have taken out full page ads in Detroit newspapers today and tomorrow apologizing for what they did!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/10/05 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CNN.com has a video of the story Arrow

Quote:
Watch: How the Sacramento Kings insulted Detroit

MamaBristow

PostPosted: 11/10/05 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Maloofs also apologized to Sacramento with a full page ad in the paper today. I think everyone pretty much agrees around here that it was a classless move and want to make sure that it never happens again.

The guy responsible has intros made for every team in the NBA, I bet they all get scrapped after this fiasco. Who knows what he has put together for real "rivals" such as LA. The organization has already had some questionable antics with the Lakers.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/11/05 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it was the Jazz that did something really bad too a couple of years ago when they played the Lakers. Can't remember exactly what, but it had to with Kobe and his rape charges.

PostPosted: 11/11/05 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I think it was the Jazz that did something really bad too a couple of years ago when they played the Lakers. Can't remember exactly what, but it had to with Kobe and his rape charges.

Was it the Jazz that did the Karl Malone spoof?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/11/05 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the AFP:
Quote:

Sunday, February 01, 2004

NBA fines Jazz $15,000 for Malone spoof

NEW YORK: A comedy routine that mocked Los Angeles Lakers stars Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant turned out to be costly one for the Utah Jazz. The NBA on Friday fined the Jazz 15,000 dollars for performing a skit that “ridiculed opposing players.” The skit took place between the first and second quarters of Saturday’s game between the Jazz and Lakers when Utah’s bear mascot held a mock telephone conversation with a Malone impersonator over the Delta Center public address system. The 40-year-old Malone signed with the Lakers in the offseason after spending 18 years of his career with the Jazz. “Go tell (Jazz owner) Larry (Miller) I want to come home,” the Malone impersonator said. “I don’t care if Stock (John Stockton) ain’t there. I want to come home. They’re mean to me here. They don’t give me the ball. They don’t like me.” The Malone voice added, “But I guess it could be worse,” alluding to Bryant’s rape charge.

PostPosted: 11/14/05 6:51 pm    ::: Kings fined $30,000 Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Kings fined $30,000 for Detroit-bashing pictures

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Sacramento Kings were fined $30,000 by the NBA on Monday for showing derogatory images of Detroit on video screens prior to their home opener against the Pistons.

When the Pistons were introduced Nov. 8, the Arco Arena scoreboard flashed pictures of abandoned buildings, burned-out cars, piles of rubble and other negative images of Detroit. The Pistons won the game 102-88.

Only twice as much as the Malone Spoof? Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: