Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 09/05/16 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inadvertent post

toad455

PostPosted: 09/06/16 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a perfect world, Chicago gets the #4 seed, Indiana #5, then Atlanta at #6, Seattle sneaks into #7 & Phoenix ends up with #8. This way we don't end up facing either Indiana or Phoenix in the 2nd round.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/06/16 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
In a perfect world, Chicago gets the #4 seed, Indiana #5, then Atlanta at #6, Seattle sneaks into #7 & Phoenix ends up with #8. This way we don't end up facing either Indiana or Phoenix in the 2nd round.

They re-seed after each round, so if Phoenix beat Indiana in that scenario, you'd automatically be playing Phoenix in the next round.

PostPosted: 09/06/16 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

They re-seed after each round, so if Phoenix beat Indiana in that scenario, you'd automatically be playing Phoenix in the next round.

In my perfect world, Indiana would beat Phoenix. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/16 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristin Bernert, Madison Square Garden Co. / New York Liberty

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/09/12/Game-Changers/Kristin-Bernert.aspx?

Quote:
Kristin Bernert thought she would be a physical therapist after she graduated from college.

Quote:
Bernert’s duties with the Liberty are far-reaching, as she combines her business and marketing acumen with on-court decisions that involve player personnel and development. She also deals in community relations, event management and ticket sales, with revenue increasing every year she has been with the team. The Liberty also has seen the highest marketing partnership revenue in team history under her watch.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/14/16 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles isn't traveling with New York for their final game in Chicago on Friday. Gives her a solid week of rest before out playoff game on September 24.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/14/16 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty are a hot mess right now. They've lost four games in four different ways. Don't know what they can do about it, and the team usually looks rusty after a long break. All we fans can do is hope for the best. Keep your fingers, toes, and eyes crossed. Sad

toad455

PostPosted: 09/14/16 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least it's good knowing Charles is getting a full week off. She needs it. I guess that's a plus going into our playoff game on the 24th.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/14/16 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Definitely it's a needed break for Tina. The other 8 days after 9/16 will also be nice for everyone else, as the Liberty are probably the team most in need of a break with their injury situation.

Other than Prince, who we know will not be 100% this year, I just want to see the rest of the team at or near 100% when the games count. That's it. We've had many years of wondering how injuries have affected us. Even in the '99 finals against Houston for crying out loud. With Lobo we likely still wouldn't have beaten Houston, but we would have had a better shot having another player out there that Houston had to defend, particularly at or close to the 3 point line. Even losing Boyd and Allen hurt us last year, against a healthier Indiana team when it mattered. Hopefully it's our turn to have a regular season swoon but to have our players when it matters, and have that be a difference-maker when it's do or die.

PostPosted: 09/14/16 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm kind of dumbfounded why the time for the playoff game on Sept. 24 hasn't been announced? They've known since Sunday(at least) about the date change. As for TV, ESPN isn't available until 9:30pm(ESPN2), so I doubt it'll be that late. So the game ends up airing on ESPNEWS/ESPN3 or NBATV. Big deal.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/16/16 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty re-sign Prince to a multi-year deal.

http://liberty.wnba.com/news/liberty-signs-guard-epiphanny-prince-multi-year-contract-extension/

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/18/16 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy looks like they will be playing to win today in Catch's last home regular season game. A win would give them the 5 seed which I would definitely prefer. Matchup-wise we know we can lose to any team from 5-8 as we have had a stinker against each of the teams this year. But we def match up better to Atlanta than Indy. Even Phoenix or Seattle would be a preferred matchup. Even though Seattle plays us tough, I think in a playoff game where physical play is more permitted, that should be to our advantage.

PostPosted: 09/18/16 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Indy looks like they will be playing to win today in Catch's last home regular season game. A win would give them the 5 seed which I would definitely prefer. Matchup-wise we know we can lose to any team from 5-8 as we have had a stinker against each of the teams this year. But we def match up better to Atlanta than Indy. Even Phoenix or Seattle would be a preferred matchup. Even though Seattle plays us tough, I think in a playoff game where physical play is more permitted, that should be to our advantage.

Well officially cannot face Indiana unless both teams make the Finals.

In order I'd like to see

Atlanta: Our loss was not a stinker, it was a blown lead early in the year... the other two games were very solid...we match up well with Atlanta IMHO and we had stretches we dominated them for long periods of time even in the loss...Atlanta can self destruct as well...so they'd be my first choice

Phoenix: We can say we took Phoenix on a night where all their pieces performed to their potential to OT...of course would need stokes to replicate that...The next 2 times we played them they self destructed and self destructed BADLY...and we won both handily the 2nd not as handily as we may like but the third we took care of them with 9 players. I'd be worried about DT and Griner clicking but we know we can take them even at full strength for them and not for us...but I'd like to have Stokes

Seattle: Really hope they lose tonight to CHI and they play Indiana (January on Lloyd, Catchings on Stewart.) They can outshoot us...we blew a HUGE lead early when they were feeling each other out on Seattle, won at the buzzer but barely then got smoked by hot shooting last match...that's NOT a good trend...id worry the most and mind you I worry about all 3...but Seattle would keep me up at night...while id just be worried about Phoenix and Atlanta.

PostPosted: 09/18/16 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd prefer Atlanta over Phoenix & Seattle. But whoever ends up facing Atlanta will likely win. That Indiana game will be tough, but it's Catchings & the Fever are always good in the play-offs. I also see Chicago resting people tonight, so Seattle should win. I see Seattle beating Atlanta & Indiana beating Phoenix. That means we get to face Seattle. The team I least want to face. If we don't have Stokes, we're screwed. Langhorne & Stewart dominated the game against us a few weeks ago as Swords & Zahui B. didn't have the quickness to guard them.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/18/16 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love all the disrespect for Atlanta

PostPosted: 09/18/16 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Just speaking for myself, I fully feel any team can beat us. And without a healthy Stokes (if she is unable to play) it's arguable that we are an underdog against any of the 3 teams we can possibly play.

But if you look at matchups, the teams the Libs have more trouble with are the teams better at spreading them out. Without Kiah, that's even more of an issue because she helps and switches outside and contests a lot of shots with her athleticism. But I think the view of Atlanta is less about disrespect and more about the fact that the way the Libs play defense (inside out) is a better match against a team like Atlanta that prefers a fast-paced penetration game.

PostPosted: 09/18/16 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta without Hayes on Wednesday leaves them exposed at SG. Ajavon likely starts. Does McCoughtry slide over to PF to guard Stewart?

pilight

PostPosted: 09/18/16 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Atlanta without Hayes on Wednesday leaves them exposed at SG. Ajavon likely starts. Does McCoughtry slide over to PF to guard Stewart?

There is a good chance that Sancho Lyttle will be back on Wednesday

PostPosted: 09/18/16 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill Laimbeer will be on Sports Extra on Ch. 5. The show is on now but they're talking football.

Oh and the Jets have better receivers than the Giants to answer the question just asked on the show.

PostPosted: 09/18/16 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bill Laimbeer will be on Sports Extra on Ch. 5. The show is on now but they're talking football.

Oh and the Jets have better receivers than the Giants to answer the question just asked on the show.

Mostly Charles MVP pandering...interesting bit was how he said espn drove this new format...pretty shallow interview for fans like us but if it brings in attendance that's the reason he's on a show like this

PostPosted: 09/19/16 5:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

You can never underestimate the Dream. And i certainly dont. They are very big in the post and the Storm are not. That alone could cause problems but also they can force the Storm into a lot of TO's which is a problem for them all season

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 09/20/16 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just decided to check out how ticket sales were going for the game on Saturday. Not well. The Liberty decided to jack up prices and make majority of the top half of the 100s $46 tickets(usually $20-$46). The cheapest tickets left start at $46. Sections 104, 105, 109, 110, 114, 115, 119, 120 usually have $33 seats, those are up to $46. Seats that are normally $46 are up to $53, and so on. All of the $20 seats look to be gone. If they're hoping to sell the majority of tickets between $46 - $71, they're kidding themselves. If the lower bowl was selling, then ok and open up part of the 200s at $20. But looks like MSG might be looking empty on Saturday.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 09/20/16 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed the price hike, too. WTF?!?! They're not going to sell those, so they might as well start handing out freebies to community groups. Too bad that summer camps are no longer in session. It would've been great to fill the uppers sections with them.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 09/20/16 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

we'll see what they do with groups...agree sales are only filling up the middle sections so far but things seem to pick up or have seats given away by the day before...agree that's a steep increase tho...was wondering bout that.

PostPosted: 09/21/16 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

in retrospect, the Sky's game on Sunday is nearly soldout(lower bowl) & still has tickets as cheap as $19.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

Jump to: