RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Official Skylar Diggins 2016 off season thread!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/28/15 4:11 pm    ::: Official Skylar Diggins 2016 off season thread!!! Reply Reply with quote

Post news, pictures, and anything related to arguably the leagues most recognizable player here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjEsWvfRneo

Before she got hurt she was having a MVP type of season, she also added a few new moves to her game, hopefully she'll come back strong.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 09/28/15 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You must be a really excited fan to give three exclamation points at the end of the subject title! Very Happy

Or you had too much coffee! Wink

PostPosted: 09/28/15 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crusty old journalists would always tell youngsters that you only had a certain number of exclamation points available for use -- and when you ran out, you went directly to the Great Newsroom in the Sky.

PostPosted: 09/28/15 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry to pile on, but when there's a Pratchett quote available...

"Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'"

(now with spelling variations)
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/28/15 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'"

Yes! ^ This x100!!!!

PostPosted: 09/29/15 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I plan on add a 4th next off season, and maybe it'll be the official 2016 WNBA MVP offseason thread.
pilight

PostPosted: 10/05/15 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.shape.com/celebrities/interviews/wnba-star-skylar-diggins-dishes-year-female-athlete

Quote:
Shape: Makeup on game day: yay or nay?

PostPosted: 10/28/15 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/659492839387242496

Quote:
Workout matrix @RIX3602 earlier! #rehabwarrior

PostPosted: 10/28/15 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If there's one bright spot to skylar's injury,it's that it happened in the first 3rd of the season.So she should be fully recovered come 2016 training camp.If Diggins performs in the first half as she did the prior two seasons,there's no reason why she should be left off the Olympic team.

I just hope Skylar skips that meaningless celebrity all-star game in febuary.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/28/15 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/659492839387242496

Quote:
Workout matrix @RIX3602 earlier! #rehabwarrior

she's twisting on that repaired knee...that's a good sign.

zune69

PostPosted: 10/29/15 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne,Parker & Diggins are my pre-2016 picks for MVP.

Top 5 in 2016

1.Parker
2.Delle donne
3.Diggins
4.Moore
5 Taurasi

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 10/29/15 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If there's one bright spot to skylar's injury,it's that it happened in the first 3rd of the season.So she should be fully recovered come 2016 training camp.If Diggins performs in the first half as she did the prior two seasons,there's no reason why she should be left off the Olympic team.

Yeah there is. Odyssey Sims is a much better talent. And Geno and the Olympic committee can see that.

PostPosted: 10/30/15 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Yeah there is. Odyssey Sims is a much better talent. And Geno and the Olympic committee can see that.

Diggins made significant improvement in her 3pt shooting and asst/to ratio last season,while Sims took a step back in both categories.

Diggins:3ptfg asst/to
2014: 28% 1.7/1
2015: 45% 2.5/1

Sims: 3ptfg asst/to
2014: 35% 2.0/1
2015: 20% 1.4/1

Diggins also did a better job of running the offense.If Geno wants a defensive pg,he'd be better off taking January over Sims.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 10/30/15 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Diggins made significant improvement in her 3pt shooting and asst/to ratio last season,while Sims took a step back in both categories.

Diggins also did a better job of running the offense.If Geno wants a defensive pg,he'd be better off taking January over Sims.

I would pick January over Sims & Diggins.

zune69

PostPosted: 10/30/15 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:

I would pick January over Sims & Diggins.

I'd have no problem with this.January is an elite defender who can guard both backcourt positions,and is a great 3pt shooter.I just wish team USA would take two young guards(Diggins,Sims,January,Sloot,DRob) and one veteran(Bird,Whalen).

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 10/30/15 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Eh. Sophomore slump a little maybe. Who knows? Plus I'm pretty sure Diggins was on a hot streak from three. Stats don't always tell the whole story. I doubt they look at WNBA stats at the Olympic camps/tryouts anyway, they look at how they perform in practice and scrimmages and Sims is obviously the better talent IMO. And that's a NO on January over Sims, although she's better than most international PG's so I guess it wouldn't matter that much.

PostPosted: 11/05/15 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

THE VOICE OF THE ATHLETE: SKYLAR DIGGINS

http://news.nike.com/news/the-voice-of-the-athlete-skylar-diggins

Quote:
as I continue to grow older and take advantage of different opportunities, I'll be evolving forever.

PostPosted: 11/06/15 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
THE VOICE OF THE ATHLETE: SKYLAR DIGGINS

http://news.nike.com/news/the-voice-of-the-athlete-skylar-diggins

Quote:
as I continue to grow older and take advantage of different opportunities, I'll be evolving forever.

Cool
Angus24

PostPosted: 11/06/15 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the Wings have other urgent needs do you think Sims or Diggins will get traded for some other player or a pick in the draft? I am betting this may happen.

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 11/06/15 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Since the Wings have other urgent needs do you think Sims or Diggins will get traded for some other player or a pick in the draft? I am betting this may happen.

are you serious???? these are their two franchise players and they currently have the best backcourt in the league when healthy.... maybe trade the rights to cambage or glory wayyyyy before sims or diggins...

hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/06/15 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

Doubt it. They are the stars of the team. Stars put butts in the seats. Why trade away bonafide stars for not so sure things?
pilight

PostPosted: 11/06/15 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

Sims, maybe. I cannot imagine them trading Diggins unless they are getting a superstar in return.

PostPosted: 11/06/15 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

Sims, maybe. I cannot imagine them trading Diggins unless they are getting a superstar in return.

trade a texas star from DFW market? nope.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/11/16 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2016/01/11/new-dallas-wnba-star-skylar-diggins-plans-best-world-following-acl-injury

Quote:
"When I come back from this ACL to be the best in the world, that's the plan," she said.

PostPosted: 01/11/16 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since it's a big market and all, I suppose we'll be getting better coverage of the team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: