RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/27/15 5:12 pm    ::: Phoenix Mercury 2016 Reply Reply with quote

With bitter ending to the 2015 season and DT coming back, the Mercury should be poised for another serious title run.[/i]

animals31089

PostPosted: 09/27/15 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix losing by 1 point might haunt them for a while It will be interesting to see what changes will come now

zune69

PostPosted: 09/27/15 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Phoenix will add Taurasi,Taylor and Harrison,they'll be just fine.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/27/15 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will PHX be under heavy pressure to make sure Quinn is one of players subtracted?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/27/15 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quinn & Christon are gone. The questionable players are Xargay & Francis if they show up. But full potential for 2016 would be:

PG: Taurasi/Xargay/Mitchell
SG: Bonner/draft pick
SF: Taylor/Currie
PF: Dupree/Bass
C: Griner/Francis/Harrison

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mb1

PostPosted: 09/28/15 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Extremely early 2016 Roster prediction:

PG: Taurasi, Mitchell
SG: Taylor, Xargay
SF: Bonner, Currie
PF: Dupree, Bass
C: Griner, Harrison, Francis

Very preliminary and speculative.

Seven guaranteed (4 or 5 spots open): Taurasi, Taylor, Bonner, Dupree, Griner, Currie, Harrison.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/28/15 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Xargay is willing to play then I would guess that she is in.
Mitchell wouldn't be cheap, and the one major need she fills - outside shooting - is fixed up if DT & PT return anyway.
Francis could have a tough time holding onto her spot. Her minutes declined over the season to the point where she wasn't even given a chance in the last game. Not a good sign for her.

PostPosted: 09/28/15 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Will PHX be under heavy pressure to make sure Quinn is one of players subtracted?

??? Because the ref sucks we should be mad at Noie? LOL, it doesn't work that way.

PostPosted: 09/28/15 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I'm Phoenix, I would invest in and develop Harden. I like her game.

caune

PostPosted: 09/28/15 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Mitchell wouldn't be cheap, and the one major need she fills - outside shooting - is fixed up if DT & PT return anyway.
Francis could have a tough time holding onto her spot. Her minutes declined over the season to the point where she wasn't even given a chance in the last game. Not a good sign for her.

I don't get not playing Cayla in this game where we struggled to score at times, and she really hustles when she is in.
Is Cayla an Olympic candidate? That would give everyone a good excuse for her not to be on the team next season....she's training in Australia!

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/28/15 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I don't get not playing Cayla in this game where we struggled to score at times, and she really hustles when she is in.
Is Cayla an Olympic candidate? That would give everyone a good excuse for her not to be on the team next season....she's training in Australia!

Yeah, she is a lock for the Opals.
Will be interesting to see what happens with the WNBA aussies next year.

PostPosted: 09/28/15 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

??? Because the ref sucks we should be mad at Noie? LOL, it doesn't work that way.

The refs didn't create the turnover.

You seem to be the only one against the notion of Quinn not coming back. Although if Mitchell, Francis, Xargay all have national team obligations and decide not to return, there still might room for Quinn.

Currie seems to be the biggest keeper of this year's new group. Not much of a game changer but definitely was better than I expected.

Last edited by Shades on 09/28/15 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/28/15 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"But I can tell you this - a lot of the girls have told me that they're probably going to sit out the WNBA to give themselves the best shot at playing for Australia.

"I won't go into names, but there've been a few girls that have said to me they're going to take a year off in the WNBA to solely focus on making the team to go to the Olympic Games."

Joyce insisted there was no pressure from him to make such a commitment, saying he was happy for them to play in the US.

"It's something I haven't stressed because I think it created some real pressure on players staying out of the WNBA for the 2012 London Olympics," he added.

"It makes me feel good about the fact that they're proud to make a commitment to play for the green and gold. It really is special and we, as Australians, value that.

"It doesn't mean that if they go to the WNBA they don't value it, but I think it's more about most of the girls that haven't been to an Olympic Games realise they've probably got to do that to make the team."

bballgrl

PostPosted: 09/28/15 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

animals31089 wrote:
Phoenix losing by 1 point might haunt them for a while It will be interesting to see what changes will come now

Losing by 1 point isn't what will haunt them, losing due to a BS call is what will haunt them. The league needs to call back that game and have a do over(I know that won't happen).

SCook

PostPosted: 09/28/15 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

You seem to be the only one against the notion of Quinn not coming back. Although if Mitchell, Francis, Xargay all have national team obligations and decide not to return, there still might room for Quinn.

Currie seems to be the biggest keeper of this year's new group. Not much of a game changer but definitely was better than I expected.

But the refs decided the game. Quinn will likely be gone next season BUT it's not because of that turnover. Currie, Francis, and Mitchell are the three keepers from the new bunch.

PostPosted: 09/28/15 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

But the refs decided the game. Quinn will likely be gone next season BUT it's not because of that turnover. Currie, Francis, and Mitchell are the three keepers from the new bunch.

need a leilani mitchell type player to come off the bench next year not mo.
already have diana, penny and dewanna covering the 2-3 and while diana is great at PG i would rather see her playing more SG

Shades

PostPosted: 09/28/15 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
SCook wrote:
Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

already have diana, penny and dewanna covering the 2-3 and while diana is great at PG i would rather see her playing more SG

I can't see that happening. If you want your best players on court together for most of the time, Taurasi would be the best fit at PG.

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 09/28/15 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
SCook wrote:
Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

I can't see that happening. If you want your best players on court together for most of the time, Taurasi would be the best fit at PG.

im referring to Lelani being the erin phillips of 2013.. playing the minutes at pg that diana wasn't..

SCook

PostPosted: 09/29/15 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Shades wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
SCook wrote:
Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

im referring to Lelani being the erin phillips of 2013.. playing the minutes at pg that diana wasn't..

I agree. That's what I had in mind. Leilani comes off the bench for DT, for rest or foul trouble, Mo comes off the bench for PFT or DB, Francis for Pree, and Harrison for BG. That's a nice second unit.

PostPosted: 09/29/15 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:

I agree. That's what I had in mind. Leilani comes off the bench for DT, for rest or foul trouble, Mo comes off the bench for PFT or DB, Francis for Pree, and Harrison for BG. That's a nice second unit.

Nice dream but in an Olympic year my guess is both Francis and Mitchell sit the season out.
Quinn becomes back up PG and then we sign/draft/ find under the couch cushions Wink a decent rebounding 4/5 player.

PostPosted: 09/29/15 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a point: The refs did not decide the game. There was a bad call made at a critical moment, but Phoenix went 12 of 17 from the free throw line. It's just as logical to say the five missed free throws decided the game, or the missed layup in the first quarter, or the 10 more rebounds Minnesota got.

It isn't a two-second game; it's 40 minutes, and two points in the second quarter count just as much as two points in the last minute.

PostPosted: 09/29/15 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question- I read earlier that Griner was to have another court appearence on Sept 23 re the divorice proceedings. I haven't seen anything about what happened. Did she get the divorice or was the date changed, anyone know. Won't she be leaving for Russia soon.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/29/15 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Just a point: The refs did not decide the game. There was a bad call made at a critical moment, but Phoenix went 12 of 17 from the free throw line. It's just as logical to say the five missed free throws decided the game, or the missed layup in the first quarter, or the 10 more rebounds Minnesota got.

It isn't a two-second game; it's 40 minutes, and two points in the second quarter count just as much as two points in the last minute.

Of course they decided the game.
Regardless of whatever happened prior to that, the game was in the balance at that moment, and they made a decision that the players would be unable to overcome in the time that was left in the game. That makes it a different situation than the same blunder occurring in the first quarter.
Do you really believe that the way players play the game, and the way coaches coach it, does not vary depending on the state of the game at the time? eg. I don't recall too many successful shots in the first quarter being referred to as "a dagger", and there's a pretty obvious reason for that.

Also, personally I am glad that the league came out and said that the call was a fuck up. Fuckups happen. That's just sport when officiated by humans. But I think it's good that they acknowledged this one. It needed to be addressed IMO.

PostPosted: 09/30/15 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

You seem to be the only one against the notion of Quinn not coming back. .

So not the case. My point was that the turnover would or should not be the reason she isn't on the team next year. IF she's not on the team it's simply because we have no room for her!

PostPosted: 09/30/15 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:

You seem to be the only one against the notion of Quinn not coming back. .

So not the case. My point was that the turnover would or should not be the reason she isn't on the team next year. IF she's not on the team it's simply because we have no room for her!

I'm not saying it should be the sole reason she doesn't come back. Its just the kicker if you were on the fence about her. Currie and Xargay were better throughout the season, and it looks like at least three players will have to go from this year's team.... Bias, Harden (might give her a fair chance to develop), and who else? National team obligations might be determining Quinn's fate, but with the old team coming back together, might as well have a couple developmental players on the bench instead of a more expensive player ramming her head against her ceiling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: