RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 02/23/16 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Delaware gets yet another CHI preseason game.
5/01/2016 at 2:00 PM

http://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-set-return-delaware-wnba-preseason/

why not? The game always sells out. If the Sky were to host a preseason game in Chicago, they'd likely only get ~2,000.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 02/25/16 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The more myrtle hates on her, the more famous she gets.
Tamera Young apparently made it onto an episode of a VH1 reality show.

Quote:
Stevie J finally has his priorities in check, including full on taking up daddy duties and in this Stevie J & Joseline Go Hollywood sneak, Stevie may very well have won Father of the Year. He surprises his daughter Savannah when he invites over WNBA star Tamera Young to shoot around with his princess.

http://www.vh1.com/news/246759/stevie-j-has-a-helluva-surprise-for-his-daughter-in-this-stevie-j-joseline-go-hollywood-sneak/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/26/16 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The more myrtle hates on her, the more famous she gets.
Tamera Young apparently made it onto an episode of a VH1 reality show.

Quote:
Stevie J finally has his priorities in check, including full on taking up daddy duties and in this Stevie J & Joseline Go Hollywood sneak, Stevie may very well have won Father of the Year. He surprises his daughter Savannah when he invites over WNBA star Tamera Young to shoot around with his princess.

http://www.vh1.com/news/246759/stevie-j-has-a-helluva-surprise-for-his-daughter-in-this-stevie-j-joseline-go-hollywood-sneak/

hopefully they didn't actually show her shooting form as an example...

Wink

- Amanda Gorman
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/06/16 3:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul stands to reap $34 million from
basketball arena by McCormick Place

Quote:
The arena is central to McPier's attempt to improve its struggling finances, rejuvenate a flat convention business and breathe life into a desolate section of the Near South Side, though multiple experts told the Tribune they question whether it will work.

Once the arena opens – one year behind schedule – in fall 2017, the men's and women's teams will play a combined total of at least 22 games there each year. The agency also hopes to rent the arena for concerts and other events; non-DePaul sports events must be approved by the school.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/06/16 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it doesn't say what it's capacity will be, but I'd imagine it's less than AllState Arena. Maybe the Sky can move her after the lease with AllState is up??

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 03/06/16 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
it doesn't say what it's capacity will be, but I'd imagine it's less than AllState Arena. Maybe the Sky can move her after the lease with AllState is up??

This is good news for the Chicago Sky

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/06/16 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
it doesn't say what it's capacity will be, but I'd imagine it's less than AllState Arena.

http://www.themccormickcollection.com/event-center.html

Quote:
This 10,000-seat, multi-purpose facility features 22 suites and 479 club seats. The Event Center can serve as a general session hall for large business meetings and conventions as well as a venue for concerts, sporting events and other major special events. The new McCormick Place Event Center will feature a first-class NCAA basketball court that will be the new home court for the DePaul University basketball teams.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/06/16 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
toad455 wrote:
it doesn't say what it's capacity will be, but I'd imagine it's less than AllState Arena.

Quote:
This 10,000-seat, multi-purpose facility features 22 suites and 479 club seats. The Event Center can serve as a general session hall for large business meetings and conventions as well as a venue for concerts, sporting events and other major special events. The new McCormick Place Event Center will feature a first-class NCAA basketball court that will be the new home court for the DePaul University basketball teams.

NICE!! Perfect size for the Sky. Anyone know when the lease with Allstate expires?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/07/16 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky signed Jacki Gemelos, Shanece McKinney, and Yvonne Turner.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/16 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

more yawns.
But I'm happy especially for Gemelos, still getting a chance after all that happened to her.

- Amanda Gorman
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 03/07/16 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

more yawns.
But I'm happy especially for Gemelos, still getting a chance after all that happened to her.

Shocked Damn, Pokey does this every year. This is her next to last move. The last move is the #10 draft pic. This does not improve the Sky at all!!!!!!!!!
Pokey will keep Gemelos (12th player), release McKinney, Turner and the 3rd round pic.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/07/16 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

That would be a much better location, especially for me!

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 03/07/16 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CHICAGO SKY'S MOVES TODAY;

http://sky.wnba.com/news/sky-adds-turner-mckinney-and-gemelos-to-training-camp-roster/

toad455

PostPosted: 03/07/16 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they need another post via the draft(Boyette, Hamblin), especially if DeSouza & dos Santos will miss some time. I think Gemelos will be the last cut.

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley
SF: Delle Donne/Young/Laney
PF: Breland/dos Santos
C: DeSouza/draft pick/Parker

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 03/07/16 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
they need another post via the draft(Boyette, Hamblin), especially if DeSouza & dos Santos will miss some time. I think Gemelos will be the last cut.

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley
SF: Delle Donne/Young/Laney
PF: Breland/dos Santos
C: DeSouza/draft pick/Parker

Your correct, I started yelling before I was hurt.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/07/16 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

de Souza is a very experienced player whose national team has already qualified for the Olympics. There's really no reason for her to miss any time.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/08/16 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="UofDel_Alum"]CHICAGO SKY'S MOVES TODAY;

http://sky.wnba.com/news/sky-adds-turner-mckinney-and-gemelos-to-training-camp-roster/[/quote

Sky must have someone pretty good at photoshop. The have a picture of all 3 players standing together in Sky uniforms on their web page. I really doubt they brought them all in to post for a picture. I recall they posted a picture of Erika in her Sky uniform before she met the team for her first game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/08/16 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

more yawns.

Shocked Damn, Pokey does this every year. This is her next to last move. The last move is the #10 draft pic. This does not improve the Sky at all!!!!!!!!!
Pokey will keep Gemelos (12th player), release McKinney, Turner and the 3rd round pic.

Is it laziness? Or just that nothing else worked out? Or she thinks the end of the bench doesn't matter? (kinda true that)

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 03/08/16 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the starters remain the same & Quigley, Young & dos Santos will be their main bench players, plus hopefully their draft pick. Faulkner will sub in her usual 10 minutes for Sloot & Laney & Parker will be at the end of the bench.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/08/16 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

more yawns.

Is it laziness? Or just that nothing else worked out? Or she thinks the end of the bench doesn't matter? (kinda true that)

What free agents are out there that would make the Sky legitimately better? How many are actually attainable?

PostPosted: 03/08/16 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

more yawns.

What free agents are out there that would make the Sky legitimately better? How many are actually attainable?

The first option I think Pokey has to look for is a defensive center to play behind DeSouza. I think Hamblin fits perfectly. She should be available at the 10th draft pic.

Second option is to explore a trade for Tamera Young that will improve their bench.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/16 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Young proved to be a good insurance policy when EDD and Breland went down. They still need that insurance policy.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/08/16 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Young proved to be a good insurance policy when EDD and Breland went down. They still need that insurance policy.

sad but true.

As far as who to sign, I don't have a problem with signing Gemelos, but as for signing players who have close to zero chance of making the roster, I'd rather give an international player a look or use it for a college player camp invite - maybe a local kid like Maggie Lyon or Chanise Jenkins or a big lunk from one of the lesser known conferences or maybe Seekamp if she isn't drafted. Maybe you strike it lucky, but more likely you at least give a young player a thrill and maybe a boost to their career. To me that's better than recycling players that you already know well enough to know they can't help your team.

- Amanda Gorman
bullsky

PostPosted: 03/09/16 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

more yawns.

The first option I think Pokey has to look for is a defensive center to play behind DeSouza. I think Hamblin fits perfectly. She should be available at the 10th draft pic.

Second option is to explore a trade for Tamera Young that will improve their bench.

One player I've had my eye on overseas is Vanessa Gidden. Jamaican player who has been putting up decent number overseas.

For what it's worth, I am oka with signing Gemelos and McKinney. Turner I don't get whatsoever.

PostPosted: 03/09/16 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, Turner's pointless, unless she beats out Laney for her spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: