Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/19/16 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
... even though Sims might be one of the worst starting guards in the league.

Amusing that for the past two years there has been a constant drumbeat by a number of posters that Sims is better than Diggins.

Since that brief run of games where everyone thought she was 'back' - which included two against Phoenix, not coincidentally - Diggins has been utterly useless too.

I'd be happy to buy low on Sims right now if Dallas are offering, never mind DRob.

PostPosted: 07/19/16 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
DFW is a LOT bigger than Sydney or Melbourne. I doubt it's too small for her.

Dallas isn't even bigger than San Antonio. I don't think you can compare that to LA, NYC, and Chicago.

The city itself, but the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area is much larger than San Antonio. Similar to how Omaha itself is bigger than Minneapolis itself, etc.

no beach

Yeah, I don't think it's about the size of the metropolis. Cambage has made it clear that she likes sun and beaches. Also, based on interviews, it sounds like she would be attracted to any place with a thriving creative community -- art, fashion, and music being some of her interests.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/19/16 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Since that brief run of games where everyone thought she was 'back' - which included two against Phoenix, not coincidentally - Diggins has been utterly useless too.

I'd be happy to buy low on Sims right now if Dallas are offering, never mind DRob.

I'd be happy to buy low on both Sims and Diggins. Smile People have short memories.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/19/16 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I'd be happy to buy low on both Sims and Diggins. Smile People have short memories.

Sims for Stokes Smile

Bench player for a starter.

miller40

PostPosted: 07/19/16 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
And why not Prahalis? .

1.Giving the starting PG job to Prahalis(Jet Jaguar's idea)when she's played 13 games in the last 4 wnba seasons and is 2 years removed from being in the league makes no sense.

2.Defense,defense,defense........that PG/C combination of Prahalis & Paris would be something else.

3.I don't think Prahalis or Jet Jaguar would be content with being the 11th or 12th player on the team.

4.If Cambage made a commitment to showing up 3 out of every 4 years,i'd have no problem with dallas trading Paris to open up cap space.

Not saying Prahalis should start ... even though Sims might be one of the worst starting guards in the league.

And what would a Cambage "commitment" be worth?

Well....I don't trust Cambage.So her word means nothing to me.Liz imo,uses the wnba as leverage to secure lucrative deals overseas,and there's nothing wrong with that.An athletes career is short.They should take advantage of every financial opportunity that comes their way.However.everytime Cambage signs a contract with china,she is a no show for the following wnba season.I believe playing exclusively in china and skipping the wnba season is written into cambage's contract.The first time Cambage played in tulsa was in 2011 after she was drafted.The second time she played in tulsa was in 2013 after her first contract with china had expired and she supposedly injured her wrist.Prior to getting injured in 2014 Liz announced her intentions of playing in the wnba,but that was only after her contract with china had expired.After re-signing with china,there's been no talk of Liz returning to the wnba.

Trading Cambage for Boyette,Lavender or Stokes would be the best move for dallas,but I highly doubt chi,ny and LA fans would agree to any deal where they have to part ways with any of the three aforementioned players.

Didn't Stewart just sign with Shanghai, Cambage's Chinese team last season?

pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/16 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sims for Stokes Smile

Plus New York would be getting rid of their worst player ( if you believe in +/- ) Laughing

PostPosted: 07/19/16 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Plus New York would be getting rid of their worst player ( if you believe in +/- ) Laughing

Laughing

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 07/19/16 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
This is what the Wings SHOULD do. Sign Sammy Prahalis, who is a REAL natural point guard. Sims is more a SG, and Diggins was transitioned to PG in college, but it's not her natural position. Have Prahalis be the starting point guard with either Diggins or Sims at the 2 and have the other come off the bench as a spark. I think Sims has more offensive firepower so I'd probably elect her to come off the bench, a la Riquna Williams. I guarantee the offense flows more smoothly and Sims and Diggins FG%'s both improve a lot with Sammy running the point and giving them the ball in good spots.

But, of course, since everyone on here assumes that she sucks, I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this is a great idea. Confused

Well, truth be told, she is not a WNBA player. Watched her play for a terrible Pax team. She was not even better than the 2ND string pg they had at the time. Word on the street was that she was even getting outplayed in practice. I don't know what people see in her but she should definitely continue her career overseas.

Yes, you're right. She's not a WNBA player. Because she's not in the WNBA. But that's the only thing you've gotten right. I'm not really sure what team you were watching, but who was as good as her in the 2nd string? Alexis Gray Lawson? Andrea Riley? Dymond Simon? LOL. C'mon the team was much worse when those players were playing. All AGL and Riley did when they were in there was jack up awful shots. The only thing that kept the team from winning was an overall lack of talent. Prahalis did an amazing job as a rookie on a terrible team. And whoever your word on the street is, they're wrong. No way in the world any of those players outplayed her in practice. I really can't believe how bad everyone on here thinks she is. It's like none of you have ever seen her play.

PostPosted: 07/19/16 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Amusing that for the past two years there has been a constant drumbeat by a number of posters that Sims is better than Diggins.

Really? She had a run of three bad games. But I don't call 6-13, 6-6 from the free throw line, 18 pts, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals "utterly useless". I call it not getting enough help. Diggins was terrific against Chicago. And she has been by far Dallas's best player except during that truly "brief" three game run.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 07/19/16 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
And why not Prahalis? .

1.Giving the starting PG job to Prahalis(Jet Jaguar's idea)when she's played 13 games in the last 4 wnba seasons and is 2 years removed from being in the league makes no sense.

2.Defense,defense,defense........that PG/C combination of Prahalis & Paris would be something else.

3.I don't think Prahalis or Jet Jaguar would be content with being the 11th or 12th player on the team.

4.If Cambage made a commitment to showing up 3 out of every 4 years,i'd have no problem with dallas trading Paris to open up cap space.

1. I know they wouldn't do this. I just said this is what they SHOULD do, since she's as talented as any PG in the league. But I'm realistic. I know she has to earn her stripes. She'd be like starting over.

2. This is so tired. Her defense is not bad. It's not any worse than Diggins, in fact I'd say it's better since she's quicker, and if Sims is better it's marginally.

3. At this point, I think she (and I) would take any position on the team. She just needs another real chance. Not 2 games. Not 10 minutes and then gone. If she's at the end of the bench to start, that's fine. Her play in practice and when she's inserted into games will soon show the coaches that she's much more than a bench player. After a while they'd have to play her more when they see what she can do.

PostPosted: 07/19/16 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
This is what the Wings SHOULD do. Sign Sammy Prahalis, who is a REAL natural point guard. Sims is more a SG, and Diggins was transitioned to PG in college, but it's not her natural position. Have Prahalis be the starting point guard with either Diggins or Sims at the 2 and have the other come off the bench as a spark. I think Sims has more offensive firepower so I'd probably elect her to come off the bench, a la Riquna Williams. I guarantee the offense flows more smoothly and Sims and Diggins FG%'s both improve a lot with Sammy running the point and giving them the ball in good spots.

But, of course, since everyone on here assumes that she sucks, I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this is a great idea. Confused

Well, truth be told, she is not a WNBA player. Watched her play for a terrible Pax team. She was not even better than the 2ND string pg they had at the time. Word on the street was that she was even getting outplayed in practice. I don't know what people see in her but she should definitely continue her career overseas.

Yes, you're right. She's not a WNBA player. Because she's not in the WNBA. But that's the only thing you've gotten right. I'm not really sure what team you were watching, but who was as good as her in the 2nd string? Alexis Gray Lawson? Andrea Riley? Dymond Simon? LOL. C'mon the team was much worse when those players were playing. All AGL and Riley did when they were in there was jack up awful shots. The only thing that kept the team from winning was an overall lack of talent. Prahalis did an amazing job as a rookie on a terrible team. And whoever your word on the street is, they're wrong. No way in the world any of those players outplayed her in practice. I really can't believe how bad everyone on here thinks she is. It's like none of you have ever seen her play.

Nah, it's like no coach, GM, or owner has ever seen her play. After all, it's them who have concluded she's not WNBA caliber.

Or maybe they have seen her play.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/19/16 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Really? She had a run of three bad games. But I don't call 6-13, 6-6 from the free throw line, 18 pts, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals "utterly useless". I call it not getting enough help. Diggins was terrific against Chicago. And she has been by far Dallas's best player except during that truly "brief" three game run.

She had a run of 6 bad games the way i see it.
vs Sky 1-9 for 3 pts
vs Lynx 0-3 for 0 pts
vs Dream 6 of 17 for 15 pts
vs Mercury 3 of 10 for 8 pts
vs Sun 2 of 10 for 11 pts
vs Storm 1 of 8 for 8 pts

She has had more bad games then good ones

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/19/16 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

vs Sky 1-9 for 3 pts
vs Lynx 0-3 for 0 pts

There's always plenty of UConn zealots around here eager to rip Diggins no matter how ridiculous it is. Like counting 15 pts against the Dream as a "bad game. The Wings lost that game because Sims was 2-11 and Powers was 2-7.

I'm sure KML would have played better. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/16 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

vs Sky 1-9 for 3 pts
vs Lynx 0-3 for 0 pts

There's always plenty of UConn zealots around here eager to rip Diggins no matter how ridiculous it is. Like counting 15 pts against the Dream as a "bad game. The Wings lost that game because Sims was 2-11 and Powers was 2-7.

I'm sure KML would have played better. Laughing

Michelle is not a UConn zealot. She doesn't even watch college ball.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/16 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it's about the size of the metropolis. Cambage has made it clear that she likes sun and beaches.

She's not 19 anymore. People outgrow the beach life pretty quickly.

root_thing wrote:
Also, based on interviews, it sounds like she would be attracted to any place with a thriving creative community -- art, fashion, and music being some of her interests.

Oh, a shot at Dallas' culture? Are you saying she would be all about sunny and beachy NYC?

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/19/16 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sims for Stokes Smile

I knew this was coming. Any time NY is involved your first response is to offer up Stokes. You're very predictable. Razz

I don't happen to be one of the sentimental or romantic Liberty fans. I like Stokes, but I wouldn't be afraid to part with her. Depending on how Boyd plays the rest of the year, and what Prince does if she is able to come back, I might look at that trade in the off-season (assuming it were actually available). I don't care what the numbers say right now. Sims is more talented than Stokes, and she has demonstrated more big moment clutch ability. The question is fit and finding complementary pieces. Stokes has become an integral part of the defense on a defensive-minded team. There is a ripple effect beyond individual talent. NY would have to find a replacement. Roster balance is also an issue because NY has too many guards already. And we haven't even considered the Dallas side of the trade. Do they need a mid-sized post like Stokes or someone bigger? Wouldn't they want a guard back in return? So, there are other factors to consider.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/16 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Dallas isn't even bigger than San Antonio. I don't think you can compare that to LA, NYC, and Chicago.

The city itself, but the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area is much larger than San Antonio. Similar to how Omaha itself is bigger than Minneapolis itself, etc.

no beach

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-public-beaches-and-reservoirs-to-spend-a-summer-day-in-dfw/

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/beaches-within-driving-distance-dallas-texas-108778.html

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 07/19/16 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Nah, it's like no coach, GM, or owner has ever seen her play. After all, it's them who have concluded she's not WNBA caliber.

Or maybe they have seen her play.

You have no idea what coaches or GMs feel about her. Don't mean to shock you but there are some better and more skilled players that don't make teams than many players who are in league. Actual WNBA players IN THE LEAGUE have said this, not just my words. Players don't make teams for a variety of reasons, not being good enough is just one of them. Some of the reasons are kind of ridiculous. But when she finally gets her chance again, which she will, just watch...

PostPosted: 07/19/16 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

no beach

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-public-beaches-and-reservoirs-to-spend-a-summer-day-in-dfw/

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/beaches-within-driving-distance-dallas-texas-108778.html

lakes are not ocean. Also 'driving distance' is pretty ambiguous. I mean Galveston is 'only' 300 miles. We'll just pop over there for a few hours today, shall we?

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 07/19/16 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/19/16 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Oh right. That must explain all the posts in UConn game related threads. You know, like the snarky ones like

Michelle89 wrote:
Diggins mother looks like her sister lol

It's not like she's ever kept her rooting interest secret.

Michelle89 wrote:
Yeah should be a close one, but i still think UConn will win. If Maya is not bothered by her knee then i see her putting up big numbers again. And they need to put Faris on Diggens to shut her down.

Oh, and sorry, but despite Moore putting up big numbers, ND won that game behind Diggins 28 pts.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/19/16 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

You have no idea what coaches or GMs feel about her..

Actually I think I do. I think we all do. It's pretty obvious, actually. They unanimously feel "I don't want Prahalis on my team."

If they didn't feel that way, they'd hire her. It's not like she's unavailable or expensive or that there's a lot of competition for her services. If anyone, anyone at all, wanted her, she'd have a job.

Oh, sorry, I forgot it's all a CIA conspiracy against her. Rolling Eyes

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/19/16 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Oh right. That must explain all the posts in UConn game related threads. You know, like the snarky ones like

Michelle89 wrote:
Diggins mother looks like her sister lol

It's not like she's ever kept her rooting interest secret.

Michelle89 wrote:
Yeah should be a close one, but i still think UConn will win. If Maya is not bothered by her knee then i see her putting up big numbers again. And they need to put Faris on Diggens to shut her down.

Oh, and sorry, but despite Moore putting up big numbers, ND won that game behind Diggins 28 pts.

Ok, you're reaching very hard. I'm sure Michelle meant no harm and isn't a UConn fanatic. Shocked

PostPosted: 07/19/16 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

She's a decent player, she can ball, she can have a productive career. But there is SOMETHING wrong with her - maybe locker room - that has made her go from contributor to untouchable in the WNBA. She cycled through 4 teams and has not gotten a look in 2 years. It's not like they don't know who she is, either. At a certain point, continuing to mention her is just pretty much highlighting the fact that she has a flaw large enough to garner her no offers with Blake Dietrick and Tiffany Bias preferred instead.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/19/16 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
zune69 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sims for Stokes Smile

I knew this was coming. Any time NY is involved your first response is to offer up Stokes. You're very predictable. Razz

I don't happen to be one of the sentimental or romantic Liberty fans. I like Stokes, but I wouldn't be afraid to part with her. Depending on how Boyd plays the rest of the year, and what Prince does if she is able to come back, I might look at that trade in the off-season (assuming it were actually available). I don't care what the numbers say right now. Sims is more talented than Stokes, and she has demonstrated more big moment clutch ability. The question is fit and finding complementary pieces. Stokes has become an integral part of the defense on a defensive-minded team. There is a ripple effect beyond individual talent. NY would have to find a replacement. Roster balance is also an issue because NY has too many guards already. And we haven't even considered the Dallas side of the trade. Do they need a mid-sized post like Stokes or someone bigger? Wouldn't they want a guard back in return? So, there are other factors to consider.

I would consider it.

I really like Stokes because she came in and proved herself and seems like a perfect fit alongside Charles, as well as Zahui B a player whose role is going to grow in the future. So Stokes is a very valuable piece for the Liberty, and represents that Liberty hard work and grit style.

With that said Sims is really good, she and her team are struggling right now but she is still an all-star caliber player. Ny needs another player who can create her own shot and function as a PG Sims can do that. I'm interested to see if Prince and Rodgers can play together, if they can, the NY doesn't need Sims as much as we'll need Stokes, but if they don't fit together maybe trading fro Sims would be a good idea. I'm pretty sure if T-Spoon, Laimber, and K. Smith got their hands on a player like Sims, they could help her work through her short comings, look at what they've done for Sugar (a player some called a high volume low efficiency player) I'm sure they could get Sims back on track.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/19/16 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO, the only way Cambage ever returns to the WNBA is if the Opals "suggest" to her that she could use the experience. She is making quite a lot of money in one of the shortest season leagues out there. She just doesn't have the passion to be the best; she pretty much wants the lifestyle/fame/access that she gets from being a pro player (this I got from a reliable source). The Opals coach claimed she would be the player that allowed the team to finally beat the US so a lot is being expected of her. If her skills come up short in pool play, there may be a renewed emphasis on developing them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 33 of 38

Jump to: