RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

San Antonio Stars 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
animals31089

PostPosted: 09/16/15 7:00 am    ::: San Antonio Stars 2016 Reply Reply with quote

Questions to think about With Sophia Young Malcolm gone who will take her place. Will Dan Hughes still be coach. How will they go about the draft as the team with the worst record in 2015.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/16/15 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Stars don't get No. 1 they may be in for a really long rebuilding period.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Even with Stewart, they'll still be a lottery team. No way they'll be a contender with Appel as their starting center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

They're already in year three of the current rebuilding cycle.

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

and that ultimately comes down to replacing Appel. Vaughn, Swords, Gatling, Henry would all be improvements over Appel at center for SAN. Potential draft picks Hamblin & Bulgak would even be improvements over Appel.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/16/15 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

and that ultimately comes down to replacing Appel. Vaughn, Swords, Gatling, Henry would all be improvements over Appel at center for SAN. Potential draft picks Hamblin & Bulgak would even be improvements over Appel.
I'd take Appel over all 4 of the current players you just listed. Jayne is not at full blame for the roster problems. We are undersized, have a PG that can't shoot to save her life, streaky shooters, and a young and inexperienced bench. Not sure where you're getting the idea that replacing Jayne will solve anything.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/17/15 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

I'd take Appel over all 4 of the current players you just listed. Jayne is not at full blame for the roster problems. We are undersized, have a PG that can't shoot to save her life, streaky shooters, and a young and inexperienced bench. Not sure where you're getting the idea that replacing Jayne will solve anything.

Though Appel had her worst year as a pro (at least recently), replacing her with Kia Vaughn, say, is not going to result in the Stars winning five more games. Or four, or three. I would say, at most, that kind of move is a two-game move, and with Henry, say, is probably a wash.

Of course, if you replace all five players and gain two wins each, you've done something, but I think the point is valid: There are more marginal gains to be made at other positions. The biggest hole, obviously, is SYM's spot, who had the highest win share of any player (1.9) on the team.

The other aspect is potential replacements. It seems to me there are more wings who would be an upgrade than posts, but that's just an impression.

PostPosted: 09/17/15 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SAS has never made a serious effort to get Appel involved in the offense except as a rebounder and passer. Seemed like that changed a bit in the last game and she responded with 3 early baskets but then they forgot about her again. SAS has at least 2 spots to fill with Sophia gone and very likely Ayayi who went 0/8 in the last game. SAS desperately needs players who can consistently put the ball in the basket. McBride seems to be a streaky shooter and maybe injury prone as well. I don't think Dan will be going anywhere and he has been good at finding good players in the draft.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/17/15 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could be Dan is GM and Johnson becomes the Head Coach. He does seem to find talent, which is a skill worth a lot.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/19/15 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars have plenty of questions to answer

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/silver_stars/article/Stars-have-plenty-of-questions-to-answer-6516494.php?t=d1407b14bd&cmpid=twitter-premium

Quote:
Despite missing the playoffs for only the second time in the last nine seasons and social-media speculation about whether hell be back next season barring something unforeseen, expect Hughes to return next year.

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/19/15 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Can they rebound?

History says yes.

In the normal basketball sense, history says hell no.

PostPosted: 09/19/15 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be a smart move by Dan to step down and give the coaching spot to VJ, while keeping the GM spot

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/19/15 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan's a great coach but a horrible GM. He can't control himself and has buried this team with his stupid trades. Keep him out of and away from the 2016 Draft. Please!

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/19/15 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Dan's a great coach but a horrible GM. He can't control himself and has buried this team with his stupid trades. Keep him out of and away from the 2016 Draft. Please!

Oh wait did he trade for Becky Hammon ????

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/19/15 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Is there another one that you are thinking of besides the Montgomery trade? Which arguably made a degree of sense at the time even though it didn't obviously work out well this year. But I could see disagreeing with it. But outside of that one, are there other bad ones? I can't think of any.

PostPosted: 09/19/15 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Oh wait did he trade for Becky Hammon ????

He dealt with the Nut from Nutley.

Ann Waters?

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 09/19/15 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by Str8_Butta on 09/19/15 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 09/19/15 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

I would replace her too, she is no starter. The names you mentioned imo would all bring something that she doesn't bring. People will ask what is that, watch them play and watch her play....

PostPosted: 09/19/15 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

I would replace her too, she is no starter. The names you mentioned imo would all bring something that she doesn't bring. People will ask what is that, watch them play and watch her play....
Vaughn isn't a starter. Gatling is no where near a starter. Henry is not a starter. Hamblin and Bulgak are unproven commodities. And normally, rookie posts struggle their first season. Sometimes those struggles extend to two or three seasons until they are truly productive and dominant.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/22/15 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Logic tries to break through

http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/article_b5df05fc-ebd9-5c9b-8bc8-9817ae1a7d2d.html

Quote:
Spending the next six months in Calais where she will play with former Iowa teammate Bethany Doolittle will be more than a means for continuing to earn a living for Logic. It will also be an opportunity to refine her game for the WNBA a game which Stars coach and general manager Dan Hughes said Logic still has a long way to go.

PostPosted: 01/17/16 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danielle Robinson has reportedly torn her Achilles overseas.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/17/16 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's depressing. Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately, another injury or two was to be expected after Prince. You don't know who it will be, but we get two or three of these every winter.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/17/16 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scary injury for someone whose game is so reliant on speed and athleticism as well, if it proves to be true.

PostPosted: 01/17/16 4:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Scary injury for someone whose game is so reliant on speed and athleticism as well, if it proves to be true.

Very scary indeed. Hopefully it be something else

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/17/16 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the overseas update thread: http://www.fibaeurope.com/euroleaguewomen/compID_jr6ZiXqeGhMBtfq1yxqV83.season_2016.roundID_11804.coid_EMYn5KFHIasNzmsYfwfZa2.articleMode_on.html

This article states that DRob did injure her Achilles, and based on the article above needs surgery on: http://www.postup.fr/2015/12/31/rep-tcheque-candice-dupree-remplace-danielle-robinson-a-lusk-prague/

That's all I can find at the moment, but it is still very depressing indeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: